I am considering taking a side trip from Helsinki to St. Petersburg on St. Peterline, which is an overnight ferry / "cruise". You get the day to see St. Petersburg, then return overnight to Helsinki. The company advertises that the visit to Russia is visa-free because it is less than 72 hours and you are visiting via a "cruise". Apparently, this is a new twist to the Russian visa laws (I think only since 2010).
Here is the link to the company: http://www.stpeterline.com/en/OnBoard/News.aspx
My questions are:
-- Has anyone taken this trip? What is the border like on the Russian side? Do you have to clear customs? Did you have any trouble being "visa-free"? How long were the lines exiting the port / re-entering the port? What time did you have to be back on the boat? Was the boat on time?
-- Did you have any troubles finding the right bus to get back to the port?
St. Peterline ferry from Helsinki to St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague - Tram #22
- 2 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 5 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 6 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 7 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 8 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 9 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 10 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 11 nearby cities to london
- 12 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 13 London hotel
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 19 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 20 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 21 Where to stay in Rome
- 22 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 23 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 24 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 25 Italy Apartment What To Bring