I am considering taking a side trip from Helsinki to St. Petersburg on St. Peterline, which is an overnight ferry / "cruise". You get the day to see St. Petersburg, then return overnight to Helsinki. The company advertises that the visit to Russia is visa-free because it is less than 72 hours and you are visiting via a "cruise". Apparently, this is a new twist to the Russian visa laws (I think only since 2010).
Here is the link to the company: http://www.stpeterline.com/en/OnBoard/News.aspx
My questions are:
-- Has anyone taken this trip? What is the border like on the Russian side? Do you have to clear customs? Did you have any trouble being "visa-free"? How long were the lines exiting the port / re-entering the port? What time did you have to be back on the boat? Was the boat on time?
-- Did you have any troubles finding the right bus to get back to the port?
St. Peterline ferry from Helsinki to St. Petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 2 Budget for 3 Month's
- 3 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 4 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 5 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 6 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 7 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 8 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 9 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 10 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 11 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 12 21 Days in Central Europe
- 13 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 14 London 2nd time around
- 15 Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
- 16 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 17 London visit
- 18 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 21 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 22 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 23 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 24 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 25 My itinerary for Greece