I am considering taking a side trip from Helsinki to St. Petersburg on St. Peterline, which is an overnight ferry / "cruise". You get the day to see St. Petersburg, then return overnight to Helsinki. The company advertises that the visit to Russia is visa-free because it is less than 72 hours and you are visiting via a "cruise". Apparently, this is a new twist to the Russian visa laws (I think only since 2010).
Here is the link to the company: http://www.stpeterline.com/en/OnBoard/News.aspx
My questions are:
-- Has anyone taken this trip? What is the border like on the Russian side? Do you have to clear customs? Did you have any trouble being "visa-free"? How long were the lines exiting the port / re-entering the port? What time did you have to be back on the boat? Was the boat on time?
-- Did you have any troubles finding the right bus to get back to the port?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 2 Andalucia Spain
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 5 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 9 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 10 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 11 Barcelona - places to stay
- 12 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 13 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 14 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 15 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 16 Christmas Markets 2017
- 17 Language to use in Belgium
- 18 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 19 Istanbul at Easter
- 20 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 21 Palermo Apartment
- 22 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France