As part of a 9 day driving trip, we will find ourselves on our way to Stuttgart from Nurburg to see the Porsche museum and factory tour. (we are Porsche enthusiasts) By the time we leave Nurburg and arrive in Stuttgart the museum will be closed so we plan to overnight along the way. Speyer or Heidelburg look like good stops. Which would be better overnight stop (and possibly early morning sight seeing??) Also, could you make suggestions on where to stay? We are 2 mid-30s couples who want an easy stop, easy parking and something in the 65-100 euro range. Night life is not needed, convenient eats would be appreciated though. Thanks.
Speyer or Heidelberg on the way to Stuttgart?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 2 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 3 First Time to UK since 2001
- 4 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 5 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 6 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 7 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 8 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 9 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 15 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 16 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 17 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 18 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 19 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 20 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 23 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 24 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 25 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG