I have the opportunity to spend 5 days in Europe from Mar 11-16. I will arrive in Charles de Gaulle at 7:25am on the 11 and leave at 11:30am on the 16 from ORY. Right now my plan is to spend the 11 in paris and take an overnight train to italy and spend 2-3 days there and then spend the 15-16 traveling back/visiting dijon , I suppose. Obviously I don't really know what to do yet haha and I'm hoping you all can help. I would really like to see some vineyards. I want to know if I should take a train to southern Italy because that has the more classic Italian food I would think of. I don't know much about places to visit in northern Italy.I'm really looking for advice on places I absolutely must check out, and any advice on planning train tickets. Honestly, any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Are there restaurants/vineyards people think that I absolutely must see? Any places? My budget is around $1500 for the week. This will be my first time in Europe and I'd really appreciate some help.
Spending 5 days in Europe, need help forming an itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 2 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 3 My Camino de Santiago
- 4 Rocamaxour
- 5 Arles as a base?
- 6 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 7 Maratea
- 8 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 9 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 10 France in 2003
- 11 camino de santiago starting in burgos
- 12 Now for the Venice hotel
- 13 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest
- 14 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 15 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 16 Mari's Northern Spain and the Camino de Santiago Trip Report
- 17 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 18 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 19 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 22 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 23 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 24 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 25 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History