I have the opportunity to spend 5 days in Europe from Mar 11-16. I will arrive in Charles de Gaulle at 7:25am on the 11 and leave at 11:30am on the 16 from ORY. Right now my plan is to spend the 11 in paris and take an overnight train to italy and spend 2-3 days there and then spend the 15-16 traveling back/visiting dijon , I suppose. Obviously I don't really know what to do yet haha and I'm hoping you all can help. I would really like to see some vineyards. I want to know if I should take a train to southern Italy because that has the more classic Italian food I would think of. I don't know much about places to visit in northern Italy.I'm really looking for advice on places I absolutely must check out, and any advice on planning train tickets. Honestly, any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Are there restaurants/vineyards people think that I absolutely must see? Any places? My budget is around $1500 for the week. This will be my first time in Europe and I'd really appreciate some help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence, Paris & London in April - 15 day trip
- 2 Driving to Larrun (La Rhune) Spain
- 3 Cars in France
- 4 First European Vacation )
- 5 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 6 ATM near passport control in CDG terminal 2?
- 7 Roma Pass question on Borghese reservation
- 8 Apartment recommendation to stay in Paris
- 9 Paris
- 10 Rome/Florence
- 11 All French taxis now obliged to accept cards
- 12 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 13 Eiffel Tower Tickets - UGH!
- 14 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 15 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 16 Around Geneva?
- 17 London, England, alone or with a tour group?
- 18 Still another Normandy question
- 19 Greek island advice
- 20 Texting in France
- 21 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 22 4 special meals, 2 GTGs, Benedict Cumberbatch and a Tattoo
- 23 London Open House Weekend and Moreton in Marsh
- 24 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 25 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport