I have the opportunity to spend 5 days in Europe from Mar 11-16. I will arrive in Charles de Gaulle at 7:25am on the 11 and leave at 11:30am on the 16 from ORY. Right now my plan is to spend the 11 in paris and take an overnight train to italy and spend 2-3 days there and then spend the 15-16 traveling back/visiting dijon , I suppose. Obviously I don't really know what to do yet haha and I'm hoping you all can help. I would really like to see some vineyards. I want to know if I should take a train to southern Italy because that has the more classic Italian food I would think of. I don't know much about places to visit in northern Italy.I'm really looking for advice on places I absolutely must check out, and any advice on planning train tickets. Honestly, any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Are there restaurants/vineyards people think that I absolutely must see? Any places? My budget is around $1500 for the week. This will be my first time in Europe and I'd really appreciate some help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 2 5 day home base between Venice and Florence with Teenage boys?
- 3 Car rental insurance woes
- 4 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 7 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 8 Edinburgh and Scotland experts—comments on itinerary (beta version!)
- 9 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 10 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 11 12 Days in Italy
- 12 Paris recommendations?
- 13 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 14 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 15 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 16 Amalfi and Tuscany for 20th anniversary trip
- 17 Umbria and Piedmont
- 18 Norway Fjords
- 19 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 20 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 21 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 22 Car and Driver in Italy
- 23 Le Marche Research Help
- 24 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 25 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?