So many people have questions about the Day’s Out 2-for-1 coupons, I decided to start a thread specific to that topic. Please limit your posts to additions/corrections (I doubt I have been error-free.)
These coupons are usable for a variety of attractions, including some high-cost ones such as the Tower and Hampton Court Palace.
HOW DO I GET THE COUPONS?
Go to: http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/
You must register and login.
Search or scroll through the various offers. There are many from all over the UK. You can narrow your search to a specific area.
For convenience, if possible, print out coupons before you leave your home.
You will be limited to printing three coupons at a time, but no overall limit – this is a minor inconvenience you have to put up with.
Nearly all coupons have an expiration date, but new ones are available for most attractions as soon as the old ones expire. So wait until your trip falls within the valid dates to print them out.
There may be blackout dates or other limitations – read the fine print – but most of the regular attractions can be visited any time.
HOW DO I USE THE COUPONS WITH REGULAR TRAIN TICKETS?
The coupon user must show a valid train ticket when presenting the coupon.
Nearly all train tickets are valid – however the HEATHROW EXPRESS IN NOT VALID. There may be other exceptions as well. I am not sure about the Gatwick Express, but you can take Southern Railways from Gatwick to London, which is cheaper.
You can use the tickets on the days of travel and (for round trip tickets) all the days between the outbound and return days. For instance, if you have a round trip ticket between Gatwick and London, you can use the coupons your entire trip.
The coupons can even be used with Group Save train tickets (4 or 3 adults for the price of 2 and £1.00 children).
HOW DO I USE COUPONS WITH TRAVELCARDS (1-DAY, 7-DAY, MONTH, ETC.)?
Only TravelCards purchased at a train station (i.e., issued by National Rail) are valid – these will have the red National Rail logo printed on them.
TravelCard prices can be found at the bottom half of: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14414.aspx
TravelCards purchased at a tube station or TFL office (even if that office is inside a train station) are NOT valid and cannot be used.
Anything on an Oyster Card is NOT valid and cannot be used.
The coupon user must show the TravelCard when presenting the coupon.
NOTE: TravelCards purchased at a train station may also be used on bus, tube, etc., as well as on any trains within the zones of the card. For instance, a 1-day Travel Card for zones 1-6 (£8.00 off-peak) can be used for the train ride to/from Hampton Court and any tube/bus needed to get to the train station, as well as for the 2-for-1 entrance fee – a great discount.
PLEASE HELP MAKE THIS THREAD USEFUL AND EASY TO READ
I welcome additions and corrections about substantive points. Please do not go off on tangents or onto long personal experiences -- I'd like this to be a HOW-TO thread to which we can refer others, rather than re-hashing everything over and over again in other threads.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 3 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 4 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 5 Safety concerns?
- 6 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 7 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 8 Private transportation
- 9 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 10 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 11 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 12 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 13 Global Travel Warning...
- 14 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 15 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 16 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 17 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 18 Morning in paris
- 19 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 20 Advices about our itiniary
- 21 Balkans Itinerary
- 22 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 23 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 24 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 25 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016