My husband & I are planning a trip to Spain & Portugal for 4 weeks somewhere in Sep/ Oct. I am at the stage of planning and making an itinerary and would like some advice. We are interested in architecture/ culture/ food & beautiful landscape. (which I am sure are plenty) We don't want to include too much but would like to cover as much as we can comfortably. And our main area of travel is Spain with a few days in portugal and a few days in Paris if possible. So far this is what I have come up with.
Flying into LISBON and out of PARIS.
Lisbon - Porto - Lisbon (5 nights)
Train or Fly to:
Madrid (5 nights) with day trips
Cordoba (1 night)
Seville (3 nights)
Granada (1 night)
Valencia (2 nights)
Barcelona (5 nights)
Bilbao (maybe 1 night)
San Sebastian (maybe 1 night)
Train/bus or fly to:
Paris (3/4 nights)
As you can see main areas are Lisbon, Madrid, Seville, Barcelona & Paris with a few stops in between. Also the latter part of the trip is lot of long distant travelling and I am not too sure about the times or means of transportation. Would like some comments about what you think.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 2 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 3 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 4 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 5 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 6 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 7 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 10 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 13 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 14 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 15 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 16 "Never Mind"
- 17 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 18 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 19 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 20 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 21 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 22 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 23 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit