My husband & I are planning a trip to Spain & Portugal for 4 weeks somewhere in Sep/ Oct. I am at the stage of planning and making an itinerary and would like some advice. We are interested in architecture/ culture/ food & beautiful landscape. (which I am sure are plenty) We don't want to include too much but would like to cover as much as we can comfortably. And our main area of travel is Spain with a few days in portugal and a few days in Paris if possible. So far this is what I have come up with.
Flying into LISBON and out of PARIS.
Lisbon - Porto - Lisbon (5 nights)
Train or Fly to:
Madrid (5 nights) with day trips
Cordoba (1 night)
Seville (3 nights)
Granada (1 night)
Valencia (2 nights)
Barcelona (5 nights)
Bilbao (maybe 1 night)
San Sebastian (maybe 1 night)
Train/bus or fly to:
Paris (3/4 nights)
As you can see main areas are Lisbon, Madrid, Seville, Barcelona & Paris with a few stops in between. Also the latter part of the trip is lot of long distant travelling and I am not too sure about the times or means of transportation. Would like some comments about what you think.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 3 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 4 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 5 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 6 Guided Vatican Tours
- 7 Couscous
- 8 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 9 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Moscow Favorites
- 12 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 13 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Ibiiza Spain
- 16 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 17 Cartagena Spain
- 18 3 nights in Madrid
- 19 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 20 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 21 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 22 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 23 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 24 Help with Ireland Trip
- 25 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg