Traveling is my latest passion and i am gonna be soon taking 3 months off from work and would like to travel and get some experiences in life. I chanced upon this website and boy am I glad or what. I did a lot of posts here to get some idea and I am hoping that someone here can give me some really good suggestions based on their experience. This post might end up being long with many questions. Please, be patient with me.
I have a month to kill (entire August) before I meet my friends during my second month (September) for germany, austria, prague, italy and france. My thoughts were to go to Spain, Portugal and Morocco for a certain time period and depending on remaining days go to other countries in Europe, not mentioned above (like Norway, Amsterdam, Sweden etc) and then meet my friends in Germany. My questions are:
1. How much time is good for Spain, Portugal and Morocco? I am traveling alone and am mostly interested in usual touristy attractions, experience the place.
2. What all cities should I try to cover in all 3 countries? I know I wanna do Barcelona, and Granada. I have no clue what all cities and how many days should I plan for?
3. Similar suggestions for what areas / countries to visit in Portugal and Morocoo. As you see time is not an issue for me. I want the most optimal plan. I saw some itineraries starting in Madrid, going to Portugal, morocco and back to Spain but none of them included Barcelona and that is why I thought of putting the post.
4. Most importantly, I do not drive (I know! I know! I have no excuse for not knowing driving but even at 30, it is just not my thing... lol), so it will be really helpful if friends here could give some guidance on trains/buses and help me plan my journey accordingly based on time spent on travel.
5. Based on days remaining, if you guys have more suggestion on countries that I could cover in my one month, that will be super super helpful.
Once I get an idea, I will book my tickets soon. Should I be flying into Barcelona or some other country? I am flying from New York and taking one way flight since I would be further going to Asia after 2 months in Europe.
Thanks everyone. Thank u so much for reading and I am hoping I have some good suggestions rom experienced travelers coming up.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Chania
- 8 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 9 Car rental in Santorini port
- 10 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 14 renting a car in greece
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 21 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 22 retruning to US with souveniers
- 23 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 24 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning