Traveling is my latest passion and i am gonna be soon taking 3 months off from work and would like to travel and get some experiences in life. I chanced upon this website and boy am I glad or what. I did a lot of posts here to get some idea and I am hoping that someone here can give me some really good suggestions based on their experience. This post might end up being long with many questions. Please, be patient with me.
I have a month to kill (entire August) before I meet my friends during my second month (September) for germany, austria, prague, italy and france. My thoughts were to go to Spain, Portugal and Morocco for a certain time period and depending on remaining days go to other countries in Europe, not mentioned above (like Norway, Amsterdam, Sweden etc) and then meet my friends in Germany. My questions are:
1. How much time is good for Spain, Portugal and Morocco? I am traveling alone and am mostly interested in usual touristy attractions, experience the place.
2. What all cities should I try to cover in all 3 countries? I know I wanna do Barcelona, and Granada. I have no clue what all cities and how many days should I plan for?
3. Similar suggestions for what areas / countries to visit in Portugal and Morocoo. As you see time is not an issue for me. I want the most optimal plan. I saw some itineraries starting in Madrid, going to Portugal, morocco and back to Spain but none of them included Barcelona and that is why I thought of putting the post.
4. Most importantly, I do not drive (I know! I know! I have no excuse for not knowing driving but even at 30, it is just not my thing... lol), so it will be really helpful if friends here could give some guidance on trains/buses and help me plan my journey accordingly based on time spent on travel.
5. Based on days remaining, if you guys have more suggestion on countries that I could cover in my one month, that will be super super helpful.
Once I get an idea, I will book my tickets soon. Should I be flying into Barcelona or some other country? I am flying from New York and taking one way flight since I would be further going to Asia after 2 months in Europe.
Thanks everyone. Thank u so much for reading and I am hoping I have some good suggestions rom experienced travelers coming up.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help...
- 2 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 3 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 4 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 5 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 6 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 7 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 8 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 9 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 10 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 11 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 12 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 13 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 16 A week in Paris
- 17 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 18 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 2 week itinery
- 21 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 22 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 23 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 24 Feedback on Proposed Itinerary
- 25 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy