Traveling is my latest passion and i am gonna be soon taking 3 months off from work and would like to travel and get some experiences in life. I chanced upon this website and boy am I glad or what. I did a lot of posts here to get some idea and I am hoping that someone here can give me some really good suggestions based on their experience. This post might end up being long with many questions. Please, be patient with me.
I have a month to kill (entire August) before I meet my friends during my second month (September) for germany, austria, prague, italy and france. My thoughts were to go to Spain, Portugal and Morocco for a certain time period and depending on remaining days go to other countries in Europe, not mentioned above (like Norway, Amsterdam, Sweden etc) and then meet my friends in Germany. My questions are:
1. How much time is good for Spain, Portugal and Morocco? I am traveling alone and am mostly interested in usual touristy attractions, experience the place.
2. What all cities should I try to cover in all 3 countries? I know I wanna do Barcelona, and Granada. I have no clue what all cities and how many days should I plan for?
3. Similar suggestions for what areas / countries to visit in Portugal and Morocoo. As you see time is not an issue for me. I want the most optimal plan. I saw some itineraries starting in Madrid, going to Portugal, morocco and back to Spain but none of them included Barcelona and that is why I thought of putting the post.
4. Most importantly, I do not drive (I know! I know! I have no excuse for not knowing driving but even at 30, it is just not my thing... lol), so it will be really helpful if friends here could give some guidance on trains/buses and help me plan my journey accordingly based on time spent on travel.
5. Based on days remaining, if you guys have more suggestion on countries that I could cover in my one month, that will be super super helpful.
Once I get an idea, I will book my tickets soon. Should I be flying into Barcelona or some other country? I am flying from New York and taking one way flight since I would be further going to Asia after 2 months in Europe.
Thanks everyone. Thank u so much for reading and I am hoping I have some good suggestions rom experienced travelers coming up.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 Help me make this possible!
- 3 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 4 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 5 First visit to London
- 6 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 7 ATM
- 8 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 9 ATM help
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 13 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 14 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 15 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 16 Spain Itinerary
- 17 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 18 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 19 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 20 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 21 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 22 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 23 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 24 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 25 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017