So this is a follow up to my original thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/spain-or-italy-itinerary-comparison.cfm?27), where we were deciding between Spain and Italy. The good news is we have now booked our tickets! In and out of Madrid.
I would firstly like to thank everyone that has contributed and provided advice. It is truly appreciated!
However, following that advice I have created the following schedule and itinerary, but I am not quite sure if it is right, especially perhaps the amount of time dedicated to Sevilla/San Sebastian. I apologise for posting another thread but I would soon like to start booking accommodation (and trains etc), given we will have to plan well this time given the limited time.
I've increased the amount of time to spend in San Sebastian and have it at the end of our trip as I envisage this will be the most relaxing portion.
Any further advice greatly appreciated!
Thursday, 30 May 2013 Leave Sydney
Friday, 31 May 2013 Arrive Madrid
Saturday, 01 Jun 2013 Madrid
Sunday, 02 Jun 2013 Madrid
Monday, 03 Jun 2013 Toledo
Tuesday, 04 Jun 2013 Sevilla (via day trip at Cordoba)
Wednesday, 05 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Thursday, 06 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Friday, 07 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Saturday, 08 Jun 2013 Granada
Sunday, 09 Jun 2013 Granada (Alhambra)
Monday, 10 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Tuesday, 11 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Thursday, 13 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Friday, 14 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Saturday, 15 Jun 2013 Leave via Madrid
Spain itinerary review
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 2 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 nearby cities to london
- 5 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 9 days in turkey
- 8 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 9 7 days in Greece
- 10 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 13 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 16 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 17 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 18 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 24 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 25 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh