So this is a follow up to my original thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/spain-or-italy-itinerary-comparison.cfm?27), where we were deciding between Spain and Italy. The good news is we have now booked our tickets! In and out of Madrid.
I would firstly like to thank everyone that has contributed and provided advice. It is truly appreciated!
However, following that advice I have created the following schedule and itinerary, but I am not quite sure if it is right, especially perhaps the amount of time dedicated to Sevilla/San Sebastian. I apologise for posting another thread but I would soon like to start booking accommodation (and trains etc), given we will have to plan well this time given the limited time.
I've increased the amount of time to spend in San Sebastian and have it at the end of our trip as I envisage this will be the most relaxing portion.
Any further advice greatly appreciated!
Thursday, 30 May 2013 Leave Sydney
Friday, 31 May 2013 Arrive Madrid
Saturday, 01 Jun 2013 Madrid
Sunday, 02 Jun 2013 Madrid
Monday, 03 Jun 2013 Toledo
Tuesday, 04 Jun 2013 Sevilla (via day trip at Cordoba)
Wednesday, 05 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Thursday, 06 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Friday, 07 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Saturday, 08 Jun 2013 Granada
Sunday, 09 Jun 2013 Granada (Alhambra)
Monday, 10 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Tuesday, 11 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Thursday, 13 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Friday, 14 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Saturday, 15 Jun 2013 Leave via Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Neck Pillow
- 2 barcelona neighborhood
- 3 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 4 Tieks for travel
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 7 Tracking the Weather
- 8 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 9 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 10 Where to eat in Rome?
- 11 Thinking about the Fjords
- 12 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 13 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 14 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 15 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 16 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 17 Italy travel plan help
- 18 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 19 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 20 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 21 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 22 Alsace to Austria?
- 23 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 24 Budapest language lessons
- 25 Tours in Wales