So this is a follow up to my original thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/spain-or-italy-itinerary-comparison.cfm?27), where we were deciding between Spain and Italy. The good news is we have now booked our tickets! In and out of Madrid.
I would firstly like to thank everyone that has contributed and provided advice. It is truly appreciated!
However, following that advice I have created the following schedule and itinerary, but I am not quite sure if it is right, especially perhaps the amount of time dedicated to Sevilla/San Sebastian. I apologise for posting another thread but I would soon like to start booking accommodation (and trains etc), given we will have to plan well this time given the limited time.
I've increased the amount of time to spend in San Sebastian and have it at the end of our trip as I envisage this will be the most relaxing portion.
Any further advice greatly appreciated!
Thursday, 30 May 2013 Leave Sydney
Friday, 31 May 2013 Arrive Madrid
Saturday, 01 Jun 2013 Madrid
Sunday, 02 Jun 2013 Madrid
Monday, 03 Jun 2013 Toledo
Tuesday, 04 Jun 2013 Sevilla (via day trip at Cordoba)
Wednesday, 05 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Thursday, 06 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Friday, 07 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Saturday, 08 Jun 2013 Granada
Sunday, 09 Jun 2013 Granada (Alhambra)
Monday, 10 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Tuesday, 11 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Thursday, 13 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Friday, 14 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Saturday, 15 Jun 2013 Leave via Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin to Italy
- 2 Killarney
- 3 Where to go!?
- 4 First time in Bulgaria
- 5 Vacation
- 6 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 10 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 13 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 14 Walking itinerary in England?
- 15 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 16 Dog friendly hotels
- 17 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 18 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 19 Cambridge in May
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 25 Madrid/Lisbon