So this is a follow up to my original thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/spain-or-italy-itinerary-comparison.cfm?27), where we were deciding between Spain and Italy. The good news is we have now booked our tickets! In and out of Madrid.
I would firstly like to thank everyone that has contributed and provided advice. It is truly appreciated!
However, following that advice I have created the following schedule and itinerary, but I am not quite sure if it is right, especially perhaps the amount of time dedicated to Sevilla/San Sebastian. I apologise for posting another thread but I would soon like to start booking accommodation (and trains etc), given we will have to plan well this time given the limited time.
I've increased the amount of time to spend in San Sebastian and have it at the end of our trip as I envisage this will be the most relaxing portion.
Any further advice greatly appreciated!
Thursday, 30 May 2013 Leave Sydney
Friday, 31 May 2013 Arrive Madrid
Saturday, 01 Jun 2013 Madrid
Sunday, 02 Jun 2013 Madrid
Monday, 03 Jun 2013 Toledo
Tuesday, 04 Jun 2013 Sevilla (via day trip at Cordoba)
Wednesday, 05 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Thursday, 06 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Friday, 07 Jun 2013 Sevilla
Saturday, 08 Jun 2013 Granada
Sunday, 09 Jun 2013 Granada (Alhambra)
Monday, 10 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Tuesday, 11 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Thursday, 13 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Friday, 14 Jun 2013 San Sebastian
Saturday, 15 Jun 2013 Leave via Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 2 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 3 Sicily Beach Resort
- 4 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 5 International drivers permit
- 6 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 7 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 8 Two days in Rome
- 9 Classical Tour of Albania
- 10 First visit to London
- 11 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 12 Anniversary trip to France
- 13 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 14 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 15 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 16 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 17 London is it worth it?
- 18 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 19 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 20 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 21 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 22 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 23 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 24 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 25 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip