We will be travelling to Southern France this June with our 3 boys (20,17,11) and are looking for best cities/activities for families. . We are meeting our 17 year old in Avignon after his high school French study trip, and are trying to plan 3-4 days in provence/French riviera befor we go to Italy. We are flying into Marseilles and thought about seeing the Pont du Gard (kayaking under it?), then Trying to decide what would be most appealing to our active family. Suggestions have included Les Baux de provence, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Camargue, St. Paul du vence, Eze,, corniche drive from Nice to Monaco. Since we only have a few days, we thought we'd spend a night or 2 in Avignon, then 2 nights in either Nice, Antibes or Monte Carlo. Any recommendations on must-see sights for families? hotels?
South of France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 2 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 5 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 6 Air pollution in Paris
- 7 France, Italy and Greec
- 8 gites de france or agritourism
- 9 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 10 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 13 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 16 Nice or Marseille??
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Dresden or Leipzig
- 19 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 20 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 21 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 24 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 25 ACP Rail -- any info?