We will be travelling to Southern France this June with our 3 boys (20,17,11) and are looking for best cities/activities for families. . We are meeting our 17 year old in Avignon after his high school French study trip, and are trying to plan 3-4 days in provence/French riviera befor we go to Italy. We are flying into Marseilles and thought about seeing the Pont du Gard (kayaking under it?), then Trying to decide what would be most appealing to our active family. Suggestions have included Les Baux de provence, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Camargue, St. Paul du vence, Eze,, corniche drive from Nice to Monaco. Since we only have a few days, we thought we'd spend a night or 2 in Avignon, then 2 nights in either Nice, Antibes or Monte Carlo. Any recommendations on must-see sights for families? hotels?
South of France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 2 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 3 Porto area, sights, day trips, areas to stay?
- 4 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 5 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 6 Raining in rome
- 7 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 8 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 9 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 10 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 13 İstanbul Travel guide
- 14 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 15 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 16 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 17 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 18 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 19 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 20 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 21 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 22 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 23 Italian Lakes
- 24 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 25 Amsterdam and An Amputee