We will be travelling to Southern France this June with our 3 boys (20,17,11) and are looking for best cities/activities for families. . We are meeting our 17 year old in Avignon after his high school French study trip, and are trying to plan 3-4 days in provence/French riviera befor we go to Italy. We are flying into Marseilles and thought about seeing the Pont du Gard (kayaking under it?), then Trying to decide what would be most appealing to our active family. Suggestions have included Les Baux de provence, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Camargue, St. Paul du vence, Eze,, corniche drive from Nice to Monaco. Since we only have a few days, we thought we'd spend a night or 2 in Avignon, then 2 nights in either Nice, Antibes or Monte Carlo. Any recommendations on must-see sights for families? hotels?
South of France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 2 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 5 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 6 2 weeks in Europe
- 7 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 8 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 9 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 10 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 11 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 12 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 13 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 14 Madrid and London
- 15 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 16 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 17 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 18 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 19 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 21 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 22 Matisse at Tate
- 23 Ireland Southwest
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...