I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 2 Barcelona with baby
- 3 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 4 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 5 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 6 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 7 Norway fjord
- 8 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 9 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 10 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 11 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 14 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 15 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 18 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 19 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 20 help with Italy itinerary
- 21 Capri in July
- 22 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 23 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 24 Venice
- 25 London 2For1 question