I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Solo female backpacking trip to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Just starting to ponder a family trip to Iceland...
- 2 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 3 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 4 SIM card for eastern europe
- 5 Foie gras, redux
- 6 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 7 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 8 Southern France
- 9 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 10 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 11 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 12 italy
- 13 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 14 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 15 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 16 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 17 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 18 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 19 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 20 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 21 What to wear
- 22 What still confounds you about travel?
- 23 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 24 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...