I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 2 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 3 Enjoying England for a year!
- 4 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 5 Barcelona extension
- 6 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 7 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 8 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 9 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 10 France to stop making foie grois
- 11 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 12 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 13 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 14 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 15 Kilt makers
- 16 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 17 Puglia
- 18 Stonehenge and Bath
- 19 Manchester on derby weekend
- 20 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 21 My First Trip to Europe...
- 22 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 23 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 24 train from ravenna to parma
- 25 Best area to stay in Valencia