I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 B&Bs in Ireland
- 5 travel fan 220v?
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 9 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 10 Guide in Russia
- 11 WWI Battlefields
- 12 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 15 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 21 Zadar or Sibenik
- 22 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 24 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 25 Rent a Car?