I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 2 http://supplementstest.org/forever-bust/
- 3 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 4 Euro 2016
- 5 Charles Degaulle question
- 6 Amsterdam Hotel
- 7 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 8 FCO connection time
- 9 Paris gtg in October?
- 10 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 13 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 14 Dolomites October 14-18
- 15 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 16 Switzerland itinerary help
- 17 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 18 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 19 Norway Itinerary
- 20 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 21 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 22 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 23 Pompeii luggage storage
- 24 Departure Tax in UK
- 25 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice