I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Solo female backpacking trip to Italy
- 1 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 2 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 3 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 4 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 5 Venice in Jan
- 6 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 7 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 8 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 9 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 11 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 12 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 13 Prague Main Train Station
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 18 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 19 British drivers
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 24 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.