I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Solo female backpacking trip to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 2 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 3 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 4 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 5 Day trips from Lisbon
- 6 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 7 Italian Lakes
- 8 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 9 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 10 3 weeks (actually 20 nights!) in Spain
- 11 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 12 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 13 No Pooh in Poland
- 14 Another Paris apartment and Navigo Dcouverte thread
- 15 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 16 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 17 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 18 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 19 Taormina Sicily
- 20 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 21 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 22 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 23 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 24 Naxos in May
- 25 European Travel websites