I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Solo female backpacking trip to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 2 Europe in 21 days
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 5 Street food in Turkey
- 6 Dublin Hostels
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Spain Questions
- 11 9 days in turkey
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 16 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 19 Mont St Michel
- 20 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 21 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 22 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 23 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 Avignon to London?