I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Solo female backpacking trip to Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 2 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 3 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015
- 4 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Where to go in France mid July?
- 7 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 8 Help with England/Wales tour
- 9 Has anyone rented an apartment through Honeymoon in Paris?
- 10 Cruise the River Shannon
- 11 Is Venice really dirty?
- 12 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 13 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 14 Ireland or Scotland
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 16 Italy in October 2015
- 17 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 20 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 trip to norway
- 24 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 25 My notes on Greece 101