I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 2 Itinery help Crete
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Lisbon - a few tips
- 6 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 7 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 8 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 9 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 10 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 11 Avoid Europcar!
- 12 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 Scotland - We're Here!
- 15 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 16 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 17 European Vacation 2017
- 18 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 19 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 20 Need help in completing trip details
- 21 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 22 Which area to stay in London
- 23 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 24 Madrid food advice needed
- 25 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona