I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 2 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 3 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 4 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 5 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 6 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 7 http://tophealthysolutions.com/lightstrike-360-tactical-flashlight/
- 8 Amalfi or Positano
- 9 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 10 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 11 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 12 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 13 Public Transport information App/Website
- 14 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 15 Rome to Portofino -
- 16 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 17 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 18 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 19 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 20 Sim Card
- 21 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 22 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 23 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 24 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 25 Traveling to Puglia in July