I will taking my first backpacking trip through Italy in May. My itinerary is complete...but i am terribly confused about the train .. Which one for which city .. Buying a eurail pass.. So my question is this:
I am arriving in Milan then going to Varena (which train? Regional?!) then heading to the dolomites Bolzano, then Venice, Vernazza, day trip to Pisa, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto, down to Sorrento ( day trips to Capti, Pompeii and Naples) then finally Rome.
What trains would i take?! I looked at Eurail and went to go see the train schedule from Milan to Varena and it says its a 3 day trip! It doesn't make any sense because it is only .75 hrs! Can someone please help figure out how to go about this?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 2 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 5 Sim Card
- 6 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 7 SE ITALY
- 8 Transport for local Venice travel
- 9 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 10 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 13 Borghese Gallery Question
- 14 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 15 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 16 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 17 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 18 Sicily help
- 19 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 20 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 21 Towns around Lucca
- 22 Cork questions
- 23 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 24 Italy Vacation
- 25 Stu Tower