My husband and I are traveling to Italy the last two weeks of September. I have booked a Viator tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica and also a day trip visiting four towns in Tuscany leaving from Florence through Viator as well.
I constantly see skip the line tours for all of the main sites in Venice, Florence and Rome. Can anyone please advise me as to which sites are worth paying extra for one of these tours this time of year? We would like to see in Venice - St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace. In Florence: Uffizi Gallery and Accademia Gallery, and el Duomo. In Rome: Colosseum, Roman Forum, Roman Catacombs, and the Pantheon. If we don't need to pay extra for these tours, is there another way to bypass the lines?
Also, any restaurant recommendations you might have for any of these cities would be much appreciated. It's our 30th anniversary and I would love advice on a really nice restaurant possibly on the canal in Venice.
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 2 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 3 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 4 Use of Train Tickets
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 7 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 10 First Trip to Paris
- 11 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Driving in Italy
- 15 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 16 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 US foods not available in the UK
- 19 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 20 Amsterdam and...?
- 21 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 22 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 23 Andalucia Spain
- 24 Whistle stop family road trip
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!