My husband and I are traveling to Italy the last two weeks of September. I have booked a Viator tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica and also a day trip visiting four towns in Tuscany leaving from Florence through Viator as well.
I constantly see skip the line tours for all of the main sites in Venice, Florence and Rome. Can anyone please advise me as to which sites are worth paying extra for one of these tours this time of year? We would like to see in Venice - St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace. In Florence: Uffizi Gallery and Accademia Gallery, and el Duomo. In Rome: Colosseum, Roman Forum, Roman Catacombs, and the Pantheon. If we don't need to pay extra for these tours, is there another way to bypass the lines?
Also, any restaurant recommendations you might have for any of these cities would be much appreciated. It's our 30th anniversary and I would love advice on a really nice restaurant possibly on the canal in Venice.
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 2 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 3 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 6 Croatia transportation question.
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 A Month stay in Southern France
- 9 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 10 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 11 If you had to choose one......
- 12 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 13 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 14 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 15 2017 Easter in Italy
- 16 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 17 Bernina Express mid-March
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 23 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel