My husband and I are traveling to Italy the last two weeks of September. I have booked a Viator tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica and also a day trip visiting four towns in Tuscany leaving from Florence through Viator as well.
I constantly see skip the line tours for all of the main sites in Venice, Florence and Rome. Can anyone please advise me as to which sites are worth paying extra for one of these tours this time of year? We would like to see in Venice - St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace. In Florence: Uffizi Gallery and Accademia Gallery, and el Duomo. In Rome: Colosseum, Roman Forum, Roman Catacombs, and the Pantheon. If we don't need to pay extra for these tours, is there another way to bypass the lines?
Also, any restaurant recommendations you might have for any of these cities would be much appreciated. It's our 30th anniversary and I would love advice on a really nice restaurant possibly on the canal in Venice.
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 2 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 3 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 4 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 7 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 8 Vacation
- 9 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 10 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 11 First time in London
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 16 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 19 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 20 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 21 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh