My husband and I are traveling to Italy the last two weeks of September. I have booked a Viator tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica and also a day trip visiting four towns in Tuscany leaving from Florence through Viator as well.
I constantly see skip the line tours for all of the main sites in Venice, Florence and Rome. Can anyone please advise me as to which sites are worth paying extra for one of these tours this time of year? We would like to see in Venice - St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace. In Florence: Uffizi Gallery and Accademia Gallery, and el Duomo. In Rome: Colosseum, Roman Forum, Roman Catacombs, and the Pantheon. If we don't need to pay extra for these tours, is there another way to bypass the lines?
Also, any restaurant recommendations you might have for any of these cities would be much appreciated. It's our 30th anniversary and I would love advice on a really nice restaurant possibly on the canal in Venice.
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 USA YAHOO Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 3 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 4 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 5 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 6 Scotland - We're Here!
- 7 Paris for children
- 8 IWM
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 11 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 12 Guided Vatican Tours
- 13 Avoid Europcar!
- 14 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 15 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 18 Train / Calabria
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 London in Winter Report
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 23 16 days in France and Italy
- 24 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 25 Changing Planes at Fiumicino