My husband and I are traveling to Italy the last two weeks of September. I have booked a Viator tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica and also a day trip visiting four towns in Tuscany leaving from Florence through Viator as well.
I constantly see skip the line tours for all of the main sites in Venice, Florence and Rome. Can anyone please advise me as to which sites are worth paying extra for one of these tours this time of year? We would like to see in Venice - St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace. In Florence: Uffizi Gallery and Accademia Gallery, and el Duomo. In Rome: Colosseum, Roman Forum, Roman Catacombs, and the Pantheon. If we don't need to pay extra for these tours, is there another way to bypass the lines?
Also, any restaurant recommendations you might have for any of these cities would be much appreciated. It's our 30th anniversary and I would love advice on a really nice restaurant possibly on the canal in Venice.
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Help
- 2 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 3 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 6 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 9 Borghese Gallery Question
- 10 Sim Card
- 11 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 12 Airline to Rome
- 13 Finland around Christmas time?
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 16 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 17 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 18 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 SE ITALY
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each