My husband and I are traveling to Italy the last two weeks of September. I have booked a Viator tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica and also a day trip visiting four towns in Tuscany leaving from Florence through Viator as well.
I constantly see skip the line tours for all of the main sites in Venice, Florence and Rome. Can anyone please advise me as to which sites are worth paying extra for one of these tours this time of year? We would like to see in Venice - St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace. In Florence: Uffizi Gallery and Accademia Gallery, and el Duomo. In Rome: Colosseum, Roman Forum, Roman Catacombs, and the Pantheon. If we don't need to pay extra for these tours, is there another way to bypass the lines?
Also, any restaurant recommendations you might have for any of these cities would be much appreciated. It's our 30th anniversary and I would love advice on a really nice restaurant possibly on the canal in Venice.
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 2 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 3 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 4 credit and debit cards
- 5 Labor Day in Paris
- 6 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 7 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 8 Short Trip to Paris
- 9 Driver"s License & Language
- 10 Road trip to Spanish Pyrenees - Suggestions?
- 11 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 12 Train up the Jungfrau
- 13 3 months in Switzerland this summer, need suggestions on weekend trips
- 14 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 15 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 16 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 17 I may be wrong....
- 18 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 19 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 20 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 21 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 22 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 23 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class