I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road trip with our dog
- 2 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 3 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 4 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 5 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 6 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 7 Driving through Paris
- 8 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 9 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 10 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Barcelona alternative
- 16 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 17 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 18 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 19 Lisbon
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris