I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Six months in France -- how to do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada
- 2 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 3 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 4 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 5 Italy dolomites
- 6 Taormina Sicily
- 7 Northern Europe in April-May
- 8 history museums or locations
- 9 Iwango went…to Nice
- 10 22 year olds in Europe
- 11 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 12 Normandy and Loire
- 13 London neighborhood suggestions
- 14 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 15 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 16 Pyrenees logistics
- 17 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 18 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 19 5 Observations About Paris
- 20 Hotels/B&B's in Monterosso
- 21 Portugal Trip
- 22 One week in Spain, late May
- 23 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 24 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 25 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions