I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Six months in France -- how to do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 2 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 3 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 4 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 5 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 6 Food tours in Rome?
- 7 Rome Food Tour
- 8 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 9 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 10 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 11 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 12 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 15 Italy and Croatia
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 18 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 19 Kimhe--flamenco
- 20 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 England/EPL family vacation
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget