I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 2 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 3 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 4 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 7 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 8 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 9 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 10 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 11 4 days each in London and Paris
- 12 A few more questions about Brittany
- 13 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 14 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 15 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 16 Switzerland in September
- 17 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 18 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 19 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 20 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 21 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 22 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 23 Positano or Sorrento?
- 24 Paris in November
- 25 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!