I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 4 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 5 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 8 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 9 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area
- 10 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 11 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 12 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 17 Athens
- 18 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 19 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Germany train help!
- 23 Spain in July
- 24 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 25 Liverpool & Beatles port tour