I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 2 tipping
- 3 Where to go? Iceland vs Czech Republic?
- 4 used it and persona’s experiences on this
- 5 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 6 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 7 Gstaad, trip for 2 days
- 8 Spain for 10 nights
- 9 Signature Saint Germaine or La TourviLe
- 10 When neurotic people plan vacations
- 11 Best location for hotel in Milan for 2 nights
- 12 Advice about Naples?
- 13 Alsace Accommodations
- 14 Man U Scrimmage Games Late July/EarlyAugust?
- 15 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 16 Iternary Help - London + ? without car
- 17 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 18 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 itinerary Help? 2 weeks in Scandinavia
- 21 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 22 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 23 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 24 Tips question
- 25 Still another Provence Provence advice request