I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 2 Azores
- 3 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 6 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 Short Trip in July
- 10 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 11 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 12 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 15 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 16 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 17 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 18 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Sim Card Options
- 21 Greek Islands (small)
- 22 38 Days in Paris
- 23 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please