I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 2 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 3 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 4 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 5 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 6 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 7 AVE train tickets questions.
- 8 Greece: Final thoughts and pictures (I hope)
- 9 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 10 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 11 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 France to stop making foie grois
- 14 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 15 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 16 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 17 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 18 How big backpack do I need?
- 19 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 20 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 21 Path of the Gods Question
- 22 Loire Valley 12 days
- 23 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 24 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 25 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece