I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 2 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 3 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 4 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 5 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 6 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 7 TAP airlines & other questions
- 8 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 9 Netflix and Hulu
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 11 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 12 Paris hotels
- 13 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 14 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 15 Florence with 11 & 13 year old
- 16 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 17 Naples
- 18 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 19 England--Cambridge on a Sunday (SIM card? Restaurants)
- 20 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 21 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 22 Amalfi October 16-25
- 23 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 24 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 25 Winter Western Europe Tour