I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time Solo Travel info
- 2 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 3 Prague hotels
- 4 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 5 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 6 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 7 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 8 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 11 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 12 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 13 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 14 Munich
- 15 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 16 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 17 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 18 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 19 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 20 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 21 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 22 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 23 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 24 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 25 Europe in late January