I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Six months in France -- how to do it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 21 Days in Central Europe
- 2 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 3 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 4 Small group for Colosseum
- 5 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 6 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 7 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 8 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 9 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 10 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 11 Spain/Costa de Sol Please identify picture
- 12 London visit
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 16 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 17 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 18 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 19 men's shoes spain
- 20 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 21 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 22 Edinburgh GTG, April?
- 23 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 24 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 25 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?