I'm know that I've seen this discussed but have had trouble finding this topic. My husband and I are visting Sicily in late Septemebr/October for close to 3 weeks. Upon arrival, we plan to pick up the car at the Catania airport before driving to Taormina. After out travels around the island, we are ending in Palermo before returning to the states. We plan on dropping the car off upon arrival in Paermo. Should we go to the airport and then go into the city by cab or can we drive directly into town and take a taxi to our hotel. I'm aware that reports say that driving in Palermo is difficult, and it seems most people say to drop the car at the airport. However, this seems to be out of the way and expensive, so I'm just wondering if there is an alternative. We will have a GPS, but maybe that is not the issue.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 2 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 3 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 4 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 5 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 6 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 7 Trains in Alps and UK
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 14 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 15 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 16 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 CDG airport and connection time
- 19 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 20 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 21 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 22 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 Where to buy Saffron?