I'm know that I've seen this discussed but have had trouble finding this topic. My husband and I are visting Sicily in late Septemebr/October for close to 3 weeks. Upon arrival, we plan to pick up the car at the Catania airport before driving to Taormina. After out travels around the island, we are ending in Palermo before returning to the states. We plan on dropping the car off upon arrival in Paermo. Should we go to the airport and then go into the city by cab or can we drive directly into town and take a taxi to our hotel. I'm aware that reports say that driving in Palermo is difficult, and it seems most people say to drop the car at the airport. However, this seems to be out of the way and expensive, so I'm just wondering if there is an alternative. We will have a GPS, but maybe that is not the issue.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 2 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 3 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 4 travel around Spain
- 5 Another Question re Scotland
- 6 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 7 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 10 credit and debit cards
- 11 Where to stay in Umbria
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 2 weeks from southern italy
- 14 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 15 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 16 First Trip to Ireland
- 17 Dalmation coast in October?
- 18 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 19 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 20 Confused on which train pass
- 21 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 22 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 23 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 24 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 25 Best of Norway