I'm know that I've seen this discussed but have had trouble finding this topic. My husband and I are visting Sicily in late Septemebr/October for close to 3 weeks. Upon arrival, we plan to pick up the car at the Catania airport before driving to Taormina. After out travels around the island, we are ending in Palermo before returning to the states. We plan on dropping the car off upon arrival in Paermo. Should we go to the airport and then go into the city by cab or can we drive directly into town and take a taxi to our hotel. I'm aware that reports say that driving in Palermo is difficult, and it seems most people say to drop the car at the airport. However, this seems to be out of the way and expensive, so I'm just wondering if there is an alternative. We will have a GPS, but maybe that is not the issue.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 2 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 3 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 4 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 5 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 6 Vatican tour
- 7 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 8 Day in Capri
- 9 alcazar question and seville advice
- 10 TSA Precheck
- 11 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 12 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 13 First visit to London
- 14 Paris travel help
- 15 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 16 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 19 Rome hotel
- 20 Villa in Italy
- 21 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 22 Help me make this possible!
- 23 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 24 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 25 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast