I'm concerned about my son making it through the Vatican in August without suffering too much from the heat in long pants. I googled whether children are allowed to wear shorts and found this on one website:
"A dress code for St. Peter's is enforced. No bare shoulders, no shorts above the knees (this includes guys). Kids may be allowed in wearing shorts, but not bare shoulders (bring a T-shirt along to cover them up)."
This is not an official Vatican website and it only says they "may" be allowed in. Does anyone have experience with this?
I also saw this on a fodors thread, "Son was kept from going into the Vatican wearing shorts. A vendor across the street was selling paper pants." I guess that answers my question, but can someone describe these paper pants? Do they sell them in child sizes or is the waist adjustable?
I'm not in any way opposed to following the dress code and being respectful, I just want to help my son stay as cool as possible while also being respectful.
I also saw zip off pants suggested, of course that's a possibility.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help in completing trip details
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 4 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 5 Which area to stay in London
- 6 Scotland - We're Here!
- 7 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 8 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Madrid food advice needed
- 11 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 12 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 13 Split to Hvar
- 14 Paris for children
- 15 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 18 Algarve - is it for me?
- 19 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 20 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 21 Itinery help Crete
- 22 Naples + Walking Tour
- 23 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 24 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 25 TIM in FCO - update
Shorts for 9 YO at Vatican? Or fill me in on "paper pants".