I'm concerned about my son making it through the Vatican in August without suffering too much from the heat in long pants. I googled whether children are allowed to wear shorts and found this on one website:
"A dress code for St. Peter's is enforced. No bare shoulders, no shorts above the knees (this includes guys). Kids may be allowed in wearing shorts, but not bare shoulders (bring a T-shirt along to cover them up)."
This is not an official Vatican website and it only says they "may" be allowed in. Does anyone have experience with this?
I also saw this on a fodors thread, "Son was kept from going into the Vatican wearing shorts. A vendor across the street was selling paper pants." I guess that answers my question, but can someone describe these paper pants? Do they sell them in child sizes or is the waist adjustable?
I'm not in any way opposed to following the dress code and being respectful, I just want to help my son stay as cool as possible while also being respectful.
I also saw zip off pants suggested, of course that's a possibility.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.drhelpnutrition.org/kerave-hair/
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Bremerhaven and environs
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Spain in July
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 12 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 13 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 14 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 15 5 Days in Switzerland
- 16 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 17 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 18 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 19 International Flight Question
- 20 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
Shorts for 9 YO at Vatican? Or fill me in on "paper pants".