I'm concerned about my son making it through the Vatican in August without suffering too much from the heat in long pants. I googled whether children are allowed to wear shorts and found this on one website:
"A dress code for St. Peter's is enforced. No bare shoulders, no shorts above the knees (this includes guys). Kids may be allowed in wearing shorts, but not bare shoulders (bring a T-shirt along to cover them up)."
This is not an official Vatican website and it only says they "may" be allowed in. Does anyone have experience with this?
I also saw this on a fodors thread, "Son was kept from going into the Vatican wearing shorts. A vendor across the street was selling paper pants." I guess that answers my question, but can someone describe these paper pants? Do they sell them in child sizes or is the waist adjustable?
I'm not in any way opposed to following the dress code and being respectful, I just want to help my son stay as cool as possible while also being respectful.
I also saw zip off pants suggested, of course that's a possibility.
Thanks in advance!
Shorts for 9 YO at Vatican? Or fill me in on "paper pants".
- 1 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 2 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 3 Best area to stay in Rome
- 4 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 5 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 6 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 7 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 8 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 9 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 10 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 11 Russia visa denials
- 12 Help with planning a trip to Turkey
- 13 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 14 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 15 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 16 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 17 Am I too fat too travel?
- 18 Crete in April
- 19 Finding Somene to Share the Cost of Car Rental with Driver to Tour Southern Tusacany in Mid Oct 2013
- 20 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 21 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 22 Paris to Nice or to Cassis on september?
- 23 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 24 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 25 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)