My daughter is spending the spring semester of her Junior year in college in Spain, and will live with a host family. She will take three spanish courses, and another humanities course or two taught in Spanish. The purpose of this semester is to become more fluent in spanish, experience another culture, meet people, and be able to travel around in her free time. She can choose either an API or ISA program in either of these two locations, both of which organize the semester there, arrange for housing, plan excursions during their stay, and arrange credit transfer with her university in the states. Has anyone had experience with either of these programs in these two cities, or if not, have an opinion on which of the two would be the better location for a 4 month stay? This two cities seem to be the best options for coursework that will tranfer credit to her college in the states. She has looked on some travel abroad blogs, but has not seen much on these two areas. Help!
Semester abroad in Seville or Salamanca- which would be the better option?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ghent or Paris?
- 2 Venice, just arrived
- 3 Chip and Pin
- 4 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 5 Warsaw for the week-end / language question
- 6 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 7 France: which maps?
- 8 first family trip to Switzerland
- 9 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 10 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 11 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 12 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 13 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 14 German Rail Pass Questions
- 15 Train from Frankfurt to Madrid
- 16 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 17 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 18 Venice - boats on canals
- 19 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 20 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 21 What Bus/buses
- 22 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 23 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 24 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 25 How do you organize yourself on vacation?