My husband and I (early 30's) are traveling from Boston to Shannon Saturday May 12 for a 6 night self drive vacation. We have preselected hotels for us staring in Co Clare May 13 then two nights in Dublin, following with 2 nights in Killarney, and ending with 1 night in Limerick.
So I'm a planner and have planned out a rough itinerary for our trip but also want to have free time to explore and not feel over whelmed with a must see list. I can overplan a vacation so I'm trying not to do this for this trip.
So far we land and I have us going to the cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and then drive back to Co Clare through the Burren.
Then drive to Dublin via Galway and spend two days there.
Then drive to Killarney via Kilkenny for the first night there. Then the next day do the Ring of Kerry. Followed by exploring Limerick then leaving the next day.
What do you think? Anything along that route that is a must see. I would like to have time to get out and walk. I don't want to see Ireland just from the car. Anything suggested?
Thank you so much for your ideas and thoughts! Much appreciated!
Self Drive from Shannon to Dublin and back for 6nights/7days
- 1 Apartment location
- 2 Connection in Newark EWR
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 7 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 8 portugal
- 9 Refining London and Scotland
- 10 Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice
- 11 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 12 Ibiza to Valencia- travel tip request
- 13 Help with itenerary
- 14 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 15 Rhine River Intinerary
- 16 Rough Itinerary for Scotland, please more help
- 17 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 18 Travel to Italy prior to study abroad in Spain, Study Visa
- 19 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 20 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 21 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 22 Can I Get a US Credit Card with a Chip like They Use in Europe?
- 23 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 24 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 25 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train