My husband and I (early 30's) are traveling from Boston to Shannon Saturday May 12 for a 6 night self drive vacation. We have preselected hotels for us staring in Co Clare May 13 then two nights in Dublin, following with 2 nights in Killarney, and ending with 1 night in Limerick.
So I'm a planner and have planned out a rough itinerary for our trip but also want to have free time to explore and not feel over whelmed with a must see list. I can overplan a vacation so I'm trying not to do this for this trip.
So far we land and I have us going to the cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and then drive back to Co Clare through the Burren.
Then drive to Dublin via Galway and spend two days there.
Then drive to Killarney via Kilkenny for the first night there. Then the next day do the Ring of Kerry. Followed by exploring Limerick then leaving the next day.
What do you think? Anything along that route that is a must see. I would like to have time to get out and walk. I don't want to see Ireland just from the car. Anything suggested?
Thank you so much for your ideas and thoughts! Much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 2 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 3 Venice/Mestre
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Transylvania - June 2018
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 8 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 9 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 10 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 11 Krakow
- 12 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 13 Quizz !
- 14 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 15 Pay attention to your watches !
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 19 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 Iceland early december visit
- 23 Zurich to Milan trip
- 24 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 25 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
Self Drive from Shannon to Dublin and back for 6nights/7days