My husband and I (early 30's) are traveling from Boston to Shannon Saturday May 12 for a 6 night self drive vacation. We have preselected hotels for us staring in Co Clare May 13 then two nights in Dublin, following with 2 nights in Killarney, and ending with 1 night in Limerick.
So I'm a planner and have planned out a rough itinerary for our trip but also want to have free time to explore and not feel over whelmed with a must see list. I can overplan a vacation so I'm trying not to do this for this trip.
So far we land and I have us going to the cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and then drive back to Co Clare through the Burren.
Then drive to Dublin via Galway and spend two days there.
Then drive to Killarney via Kilkenny for the first night there. Then the next day do the Ring of Kerry. Followed by exploring Limerick then leaving the next day.
What do you think? Anything along that route that is a must see. I would like to have time to get out and walk. I don't want to see Ireland just from the car. Anything suggested?
Thank you so much for your ideas and thoughts! Much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 2 alcazar question and seville advice
- 3 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 4 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 5 London in Winter Report
- 6 Iceland trip report!
- 7 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 10 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 11 Anniversary trip to France
- 12 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 13 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 14 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 17 Paris and Normandy
- 18 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 19 London Hotel - Different Request
- 20 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 21 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 22 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 23 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 24 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 25 Airport Transit Visa
Self Drive from Shannon to Dublin and back for 6nights/7days