My husband and I (early 30's) are traveling from Boston to Shannon Saturday May 12 for a 6 night self drive vacation. We have preselected hotels for us staring in Co Clare May 13 then two nights in Dublin, following with 2 nights in Killarney, and ending with 1 night in Limerick.
So I'm a planner and have planned out a rough itinerary for our trip but also want to have free time to explore and not feel over whelmed with a must see list. I can overplan a vacation so I'm trying not to do this for this trip.
So far we land and I have us going to the cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and then drive back to Co Clare through the Burren.
Then drive to Dublin via Galway and spend two days there.
Then drive to Killarney via Kilkenny for the first night there. Then the next day do the Ring of Kerry. Followed by exploring Limerick then leaving the next day.
What do you think? Anything along that route that is a must see. I would like to have time to get out and walk. I don't want to see Ireland just from the car. Anything suggested?
Thank you so much for your ideas and thoughts! Much appreciated!
Self Drive from Shannon to Dublin and back for 6nights/7days
- 1 Tennyson Home
- 2 going to cambridge in the summer on a saturday
- 3 Travel Asti to Beaune
- 4 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 5 Italy - Business+Pleasure - 12 days - driving tips and places to see
- 6 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 7 Istanbul Hotels
- 8 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 9 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 10 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 11 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 12 Four weeks in Spain with kids
- 13 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 14 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 15 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 16 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 17 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 18 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 19 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 20 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 21 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 22 Approx taxi cost: CDG airport to Paris(7th arr)?
- 23 Istanbul - Topkapi book recommendation?
- 24 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 25 Quaint/family run place in Nuremberg?