My husband and I (early 30's) are traveling from Boston to Shannon Saturday May 12 for a 6 night self drive vacation. We have preselected hotels for us staring in Co Clare May 13 then two nights in Dublin, following with 2 nights in Killarney, and ending with 1 night in Limerick.
So I'm a planner and have planned out a rough itinerary for our trip but also want to have free time to explore and not feel over whelmed with a must see list. I can overplan a vacation so I'm trying not to do this for this trip.
So far we land and I have us going to the cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and then drive back to Co Clare through the Burren.
Then drive to Dublin via Galway and spend two days there.
Then drive to Killarney via Kilkenny for the first night there. Then the next day do the Ring of Kerry. Followed by exploring Limerick then leaving the next day.
What do you think? Anything along that route that is a must see. I would like to have time to get out and walk. I don't want to see Ireland just from the car. Anything suggested?
Thank you so much for your ideas and thoughts! Much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 4 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 5 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 8 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 9 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 10 4 days each in London and Paris
- 11 A few more questions about Brittany
- 12 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 13 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 17 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 19 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 20 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 22 Positano or Sorrento?
- 23 Paris in November
- 24 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 25 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
Self Drive from Shannon to Dublin and back for 6nights/7days