I am wrapping up a business trip to Copenhagen this Thu/Friday. And don't fly back from Copenhagen to the US for another 8 days as plan to stay here on vacation.
I am looking for ideas on cities/places to visit and a recommended itinerary (including if I should rent a car/drive or get eurail pass or just use point to point trains/buses).
I have spent a weekend in Copenhagen seeing some of the sights (still need to visit perhaps Louisiana) and eating great (pricey) food. In prior trips had spent a weekend in Helsinki and a day in Stockholm and Tallinn each.
I am thinking of Norway, esp Bergen and the fjords. Other than that not sure of things to do, Rick Steve recommends Aeroskobing for a couple of days. Perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam (though that starts getting to be far away)
I like a mix of some time in cities (esp. ones that have old towns, or cool places to walk in) some nature (hiking, biking or just seeing some beautiful places) and of course good food drink while meeting new folks.
Thanks for any suggestions/advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 2 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 3 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 4 evening of song and dance
- 5 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 6 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 7 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 8 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 9 Scotland Highlands Help
- 10 Greece Itinerary
- 11 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 12 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 13 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 14 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 15 Ravenna Mosaics
- 16 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 17 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 18 Amsterdam, Germany
- 19 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 20 Naples or Genoa
- 21 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 22 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 23 Day Trip Orleans to Provins, an Italian Hill Town in France
- 24 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 25 Swiss: 9 day trip
Seeking suggestions for ~8 day trip to scandinavia/northern europe