I am wrapping up a business trip to Copenhagen this Thu/Friday. And don't fly back from Copenhagen to the US for another 8 days as plan to stay here on vacation.
I am looking for ideas on cities/places to visit and a recommended itinerary (including if I should rent a car/drive or get eurail pass or just use point to point trains/buses).
I have spent a weekend in Copenhagen seeing some of the sights (still need to visit perhaps Louisiana) and eating great (pricey) food. In prior trips had spent a weekend in Helsinki and a day in Stockholm and Tallinn each.
I am thinking of Norway, esp Bergen and the fjords. Other than that not sure of things to do, Rick Steve recommends Aeroskobing for a couple of days. Perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam (though that starts getting to be far away)
I like a mix of some time in cities (esp. ones that have old towns, or cool places to walk in) some nature (hiking, biking or just seeing some beautiful places) and of course good food drink while meeting new folks.
Thanks for any suggestions/advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Iberian Tour
- 2 http://nutritionless.com/metabo-pure/
- 3 3nights in Venice
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Paris in November
- 6 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 7 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 8 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 9 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 10 Munich itinerary review
- 11 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 12 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 13 Football Tickets - Athens
- 14 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 15 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 16 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 17 Last minute trip to Capri
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Earthquake near Naples
- 20 Budapest to Kosice
- 21 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 22 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 23 My 3 days in Venice
- 24 multi city flights to europe
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger
Seeking suggestions for ~8 day trip to scandinavia/northern europe