I am wrapping up a business trip to Copenhagen this Thu/Friday. And don't fly back from Copenhagen to the US for another 8 days as plan to stay here on vacation.
I am looking for ideas on cities/places to visit and a recommended itinerary (including if I should rent a car/drive or get eurail pass or just use point to point trains/buses).
I have spent a weekend in Copenhagen seeing some of the sights (still need to visit perhaps Louisiana) and eating great (pricey) food. In prior trips had spent a weekend in Helsinki and a day in Stockholm and Tallinn each.
I am thinking of Norway, esp Bergen and the fjords. Other than that not sure of things to do, Rick Steve recommends Aeroskobing for a couple of days. Perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam (though that starts getting to be far away)
I like a mix of some time in cities (esp. ones that have old towns, or cool places to walk in) some nature (hiking, biking or just seeing some beautiful places) and of course good food drink while meeting new folks.
Thanks for any suggestions/advice
Seeking suggestions for ~8 day trip to scandinavia/northern europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Museum Pass
- 2 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 3 48 hours to departure for Switzerland...questions on Swiss Pass
- 4 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 5 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 6 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 7 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 8 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 9 France in October
- 10 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 11 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 12 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 13 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 14 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 17 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 18 Tipping in the UK
- 19 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 20 14 Days Dec Trip to Switzerland (or???)
- 21 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 22 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 23 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 24 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 25 Good book about 20th C. European history?