I am wrapping up a business trip to Copenhagen this Thu/Friday. And don't fly back from Copenhagen to the US for another 8 days as plan to stay here on vacation.
I am looking for ideas on cities/places to visit and a recommended itinerary (including if I should rent a car/drive or get eurail pass or just use point to point trains/buses).
I have spent a weekend in Copenhagen seeing some of the sights (still need to visit perhaps Louisiana) and eating great (pricey) food. In prior trips had spent a weekend in Helsinki and a day in Stockholm and Tallinn each.
I am thinking of Norway, esp Bergen and the fjords. Other than that not sure of things to do, Rick Steve recommends Aeroskobing for a couple of days. Perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam (though that starts getting to be far away)
I like a mix of some time in cities (esp. ones that have old towns, or cool places to walk in) some nature (hiking, biking or just seeing some beautiful places) and of course good food drink while meeting new folks.
Thanks for any suggestions/advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 http://www.ifirmationantiagingcream.com/testoultra-it/
- 3 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 4 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 5 Rouen Tour Companies
- 6 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 CDG much improved
- 11 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 Ronda Wine/biking
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 16 Italy bus or train
- 17 Ireland itinerary help please
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 21 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 22 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 23 Canal du Midi
- 24 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 25 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
Seeking suggestions for ~8 day trip to scandinavia/northern europe