I am wrapping up a business trip to Copenhagen this Thu/Friday. And don't fly back from Copenhagen to the US for another 8 days as plan to stay here on vacation.
I am looking for ideas on cities/places to visit and a recommended itinerary (including if I should rent a car/drive or get eurail pass or just use point to point trains/buses).
I have spent a weekend in Copenhagen seeing some of the sights (still need to visit perhaps Louisiana) and eating great (pricey) food. In prior trips had spent a weekend in Helsinki and a day in Stockholm and Tallinn each.
I am thinking of Norway, esp Bergen and the fjords. Other than that not sure of things to do, Rick Steve recommends Aeroskobing for a couple of days. Perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam (though that starts getting to be far away)
I like a mix of some time in cities (esp. ones that have old towns, or cool places to walk in) some nature (hiking, biking or just seeing some beautiful places) and of course good food drink while meeting new folks.
Thanks for any suggestions/advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in Provence in early June
- 2 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 3 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 4 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 7 France Itinerary Advice
- 8 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 9 dinner jackets
- 10 Trip to Rome
- 11 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 14 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 15 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 16 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 17 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 18 Leather goods in Florence
- 19 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 20 Transportation
- 21 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 22 Things to do in Montpellier
- 23 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 24 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
Seeking suggestions for ~8 day trip to scandinavia/northern europe