I am wrapping up a business trip to Copenhagen this Thu/Friday. And don't fly back from Copenhagen to the US for another 8 days as plan to stay here on vacation.
I am looking for ideas on cities/places to visit and a recommended itinerary (including if I should rent a car/drive or get eurail pass or just use point to point trains/buses).
I have spent a weekend in Copenhagen seeing some of the sights (still need to visit perhaps Louisiana) and eating great (pricey) food. In prior trips had spent a weekend in Helsinki and a day in Stockholm and Tallinn each.
I am thinking of Norway, esp Bergen and the fjords. Other than that not sure of things to do, Rick Steve recommends Aeroskobing for a couple of days. Perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam (though that starts getting to be far away)
I like a mix of some time in cities (esp. ones that have old towns, or cool places to walk in) some nature (hiking, biking or just seeing some beautiful places) and of course good food drink while meeting new folks.
Thanks for any suggestions/advice
Seeking suggestions for ~8 day trip to scandinavia/northern europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 days in Germany
- 2 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 3 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 4 Nice or Marseille??
- 5 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 6 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 7 Rome---August and September
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 10 South of France November Trip Report
- 11 Dresden or Leipzig
- 12 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 15 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 16 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 17 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 18 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 Moving to Belfast
- 21 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 24 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 25 Best luggage for a 7 week trip