I am wrapping up a business trip to Copenhagen this Thu/Friday. And don't fly back from Copenhagen to the US for another 8 days as plan to stay here on vacation.
I am looking for ideas on cities/places to visit and a recommended itinerary (including if I should rent a car/drive or get eurail pass or just use point to point trains/buses).
I have spent a weekend in Copenhagen seeing some of the sights (still need to visit perhaps Louisiana) and eating great (pricey) food. In prior trips had spent a weekend in Helsinki and a day in Stockholm and Tallinn each.
I am thinking of Norway, esp Bergen and the fjords. Other than that not sure of things to do, Rick Steve recommends Aeroskobing for a couple of days. Perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam (though that starts getting to be far away)
I like a mix of some time in cities (esp. ones that have old towns, or cool places to walk in) some nature (hiking, biking or just seeing some beautiful places) and of course good food drink while meeting new folks.
Thanks for any suggestions/advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 2 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 3 CDG airport and connection time
- 4 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 7 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 8 Paris Metro
- 9 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 10 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 11 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 14 getting to CDG
- 15 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 16 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Towersey, London
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 Biarritz family holiday
- 22 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 23 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Ireland in April
Seeking suggestions for ~8 day trip to scandinavia/northern europe