I am wrapping up a business trip to Copenhagen this Thu/Friday. And don't fly back from Copenhagen to the US for another 8 days as plan to stay here on vacation.
I am looking for ideas on cities/places to visit and a recommended itinerary (including if I should rent a car/drive or get eurail pass or just use point to point trains/buses).
I have spent a weekend in Copenhagen seeing some of the sights (still need to visit perhaps Louisiana) and eating great (pricey) food. In prior trips had spent a weekend in Helsinki and a day in Stockholm and Tallinn each.
I am thinking of Norway, esp Bergen and the fjords. Other than that not sure of things to do, Rick Steve recommends Aeroskobing for a couple of days. Perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam (though that starts getting to be far away)
I like a mix of some time in cities (esp. ones that have old towns, or cool places to walk in) some nature (hiking, biking or just seeing some beautiful places) and of course good food drink while meeting new folks.
Thanks for any suggestions/advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 2 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 3 When and how to book for a trip?
- 4 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 5 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 6 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 7 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 10 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 11 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 12 Prague & Croatia
- 13 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 14 Ferries from London To Normandy Beaches; biking through Formigny-Bayeux
- 15 3 week backing packing trip
- 16 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 17 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 18 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 19 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 20 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 21 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 22 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 23 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 24 holiday problem in Budapest
- 25 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
Seeking suggestions for ~8 day trip to scandinavia/northern europe