I am wrapping up a business trip to Copenhagen this Thu/Friday. And don't fly back from Copenhagen to the US for another 8 days as plan to stay here on vacation.
I am looking for ideas on cities/places to visit and a recommended itinerary (including if I should rent a car/drive or get eurail pass or just use point to point trains/buses).
I have spent a weekend in Copenhagen seeing some of the sights (still need to visit perhaps Louisiana) and eating great (pricey) food. In prior trips had spent a weekend in Helsinki and a day in Stockholm and Tallinn each.
I am thinking of Norway, esp Bergen and the fjords. Other than that not sure of things to do, Rick Steve recommends Aeroskobing for a couple of days. Perhaps Berlin or Amsterdam (though that starts getting to be far away)
I like a mix of some time in cities (esp. ones that have old towns, or cool places to walk in) some nature (hiking, biking or just seeing some beautiful places) and of course good food drink while meeting new folks.
Thanks for any suggestions/advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GPS vs Google Maps
- 2 Itinerary advice for 9 days in London for female solo traveller
- 3 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 4 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 5 Halal butchery in Puerto de La Cruz ?
- 6 2 London theatre recommendations
- 7 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 8 Thiva?
- 9 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 10 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 11 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 12 Rome, Florence, Venice, How many nights in each city?
- 13 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 14 Brussels Airport
- 15 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 16 planning confusion
- 17 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 18 What clothes?
- 19 Classical Performance St Petersburg and Moscow in August
- 20 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 21 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 22 Train Question
- 23 It claims to be prepared to be prepared
- 24 10 nights in France
- 25 #!1-800.841,6436&())_)
Seeking suggestions for ~8 day trip to scandinavia/northern europe