I realize this is very late, but am at the beginning stages of planning a trip to Scotland in September and would appreciate recommendations. After ditching the kiddo at St Andrews for the school year, my husband and I will have a week to travel before flying out of Edinburgh. Priorities are hiking/walking, food and drink, history, and (of course) scenery. A couple of days on the West Highland Way is appealing as are Skye and Islay, but we are open to any suggestions. I really want to start bagging Munros, but that doesn't have to happen this time around.
Scotland in September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 3 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 4 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 5 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 6 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 7 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 8 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 9 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 10 Paris in April?
- 11 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 12 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 15 London hotel
- 16 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 17 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 18 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 19 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 20 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 21 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 22 Germany-berlin marathon
- 23 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 24 hotels in Seville
- 25 car rental companies Italy