I realize this is very late, but am at the beginning stages of planning a trip to Scotland in September and would appreciate recommendations. After ditching the kiddo at St Andrews for the school year, my husband and I will have a week to travel before flying out of Edinburgh. Priorities are hiking/walking, food and drink, history, and (of course) scenery. A couple of days on the West Highland Way is appealing as are Skye and Islay, but we are open to any suggestions. I really want to start bagging Munros, but that doesn't have to happen this time around.
Scotland in September
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 2 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 8 Car in Prague
- 9 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 first european holiday itinery
- 13 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 14 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 15 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 16 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Travel by train or bus
- 19 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 20 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 22 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 23 Cyprus in December
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Which travel plan?