I realize this is very late, but am at the beginning stages of planning a trip to Scotland in September and would appreciate recommendations. After ditching the kiddo at St Andrews for the school year, my husband and I will have a week to travel before flying out of Edinburgh. Priorities are hiking/walking, food and drink, history, and (of course) scenery. A couple of days on the West Highland Way is appealing as are Skye and Islay, but we are open to any suggestions. I really want to start bagging Munros, but that doesn't have to happen this time around.
Scotland in September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid and London
- 2 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 3 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 4 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 5 Trip report Lofoten in Norway
- 6 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 7 Ireland driving vacation
- 8 I went to Paris in June
- 9 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 10 Norway -- Nutshell tour and Stavanger
- 11 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 12 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 13 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 14 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 15 Stay away from EF Tours
- 16 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 17 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 18 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 19 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 20 I'm in a funk
- 21 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 22 Bike touring in France
- 23 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 24 Things to do near Nice
- 25 Student Visas/Schengen Zone