My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Scotland in May, 2015. My in-progress trip report is detailing my experiences there last May, and we are going to go to two of the places I visited at that time. We have purchased airline tickets and our hotels in Edinburgh and Jedburgh are reserved. Here is the itinerary so far:
May 17: Depart Ottawa
May 18: Arrive Edinburgh
May 19: Edinburgh
May 20: Edinburgh
May 21: Edinburgh -> Jedburgh
May 22: Jedburgh
May 23: Jedburgh -> ?
May 24: ?
May 25: ?
May 26: ?
May 27: ?
May 28: ? -> Edinburgh
May 29: Edinburgh
May 30: Edinburgh -> Ottawa
Obviously, the ?'s need to be filled in.
We have similar travel styles (thankfully), in that we prefer to spend at least two nights at each place. With that said, it looks like we have room for two more places. We'd like to visit Hadrian's Wall, but I don't know where to go for that.
We'd also prefer not to rent a car, so the places need to be reachable by bus or train.
Any suggestions? We like scenery and history, shopping is not high on our priority list.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Insurance on rental car options
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 24 hours in Paris
- 6 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 7 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 8 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 9 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 12 tickets for Wimbledon
- 13 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 14 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 15 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 16 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 17 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 18 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 19 Happy birthday ATM
- 20 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice