My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Scotland in May, 2015. My in-progress trip report is detailing my experiences there last May, and we are going to go to two of the places I visited at that time. We have purchased airline tickets and our hotels in Edinburgh and Jedburgh are reserved. Here is the itinerary so far:
May 17: Depart Ottawa
May 18: Arrive Edinburgh
May 19: Edinburgh
May 20: Edinburgh
May 21: Edinburgh -> Jedburgh
May 22: Jedburgh
May 23: Jedburgh -> ?
May 24: ?
May 25: ?
May 26: ?
May 27: ?
May 28: ? -> Edinburgh
May 29: Edinburgh
May 30: Edinburgh -> Ottawa
Obviously, the ?'s need to be filled in.
We have similar travel styles (thankfully), in that we prefer to spend at least two nights at each place. With that said, it looks like we have room for two more places. We'd like to visit Hadrian's Wall, but I don't know where to go for that.
We'd also prefer not to rent a car, so the places need to be reachable by bus or train.
Any suggestions? We like scenery and history, shopping is not high on our priority list.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 2 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 3 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 4 A Month stay in Southern France
- 5 restaurants in Marais district
- 6 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 7 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 8 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 9 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 10 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 11 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 14 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 15 Shoes in Scotland
- 16 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 17 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???
- 18 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 21 Sicily
- 22 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 23 Two for One Days OUt
- 24 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas