My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Scotland in May, 2015. My in-progress trip report is detailing my experiences there last May, and we are going to go to two of the places I visited at that time. We have purchased airline tickets and our hotels in Edinburgh and Jedburgh are reserved. Here is the itinerary so far:
May 17: Depart Ottawa
May 18: Arrive Edinburgh
May 19: Edinburgh
May 20: Edinburgh
May 21: Edinburgh -> Jedburgh
May 22: Jedburgh
May 23: Jedburgh -> ?
May 24: ?
May 25: ?
May 26: ?
May 27: ?
May 28: ? -> Edinburgh
May 29: Edinburgh
May 30: Edinburgh -> Ottawa
Obviously, the ?'s need to be filled in.
We have similar travel styles (thankfully), in that we prefer to spend at least two nights at each place. With that said, it looks like we have room for two more places. We'd like to visit Hadrian's Wall, but I don't know where to go for that.
We'd also prefer not to rent a car, so the places need to be reachable by bus or train.
Any suggestions? We like scenery and history, shopping is not high on our priority list.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TIM in FCO - update
- 2 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 3 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 4 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 5 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 6 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 7 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 8 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 9 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 10 Venice gondola ride
- 11 Paris and Normandy
- 12 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 13 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 14 Does Paris ruin you for life?
- 15 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 16 London and Normandy
- 17 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 18 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 19 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 20 rent muscle car in Norway
- 21 Athens tour guide advice
- 22 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 23 mystras or nemea
- 24 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 25 Paris..The St. Germain area.