Sorry about the schengen post but I have read all the FAQs and stories and none seem to apply to me.
My dilemma is this:
I have a spanish student 'D' visa that is valid until 20 July 2014. Prior to arriving in spain, I did some travelling in the EU. My schengen entry stamp is from Vilnius on 27/12. However, when I flew to Spain to begin studying, there was no border control (I flew in from Germany). This means that I have NO exit stamp, or stamp on my spanish visa, no one scanned my passport.
I have since been to the spanish immigration office to ask about whether I need a stamp on my visa to show the date that I arrived. The lady said no - because it has the dates I am allowed to stay written on it.
These are my questions:
Because I have a schengen tourist entry stamp, but no exit stamp - does this mean my 90 days is 'still running' even though I am legally in Spain as a student and not a tourist. When I try to travel to other EU countries in July - will they think I have been illegally staying in the EU on a tourist visa for 6+ months. Or will they see my visa and understand what I have been doing if I can sit down and show them the flights that I took and all of my university documents. I am concerned because there is literally nothing to indicate that I was actually in Spain.
Additionally, my spanish student visa does not expire until 20 July. I finish classes on June 15. Is this valid for me to travel around the EU with? Or do I need to leave the Schengen area and reenter as a tourist. I will not be staying in Europe after July 20 so there is no question of me overstaying my visa.
Any advice will be much appreciated. My main concern really is whether my 90 days is still tallying up because there is nothing official to signify that I have ceased being a tourist and have commenced studying.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Rome
- 2 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 3 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 4 Vatican City questions
- 5 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Garda Land
- 9 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 10 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 11 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 12 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 16 Hotel St. Petersburg
- 17 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 18 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 19 Dublin Leap Card
- 20 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 21 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 22 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 23 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 24 Piedmont as a destination
- 25 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....