I'm in my mid 30s and will be traveling to London, Paris & Italy (Florence, Venice & Rome) in September. These cities are flooded with tourists and I, undoubtedly, will be looking like one. I live in the US and have never been to Europe. I would greatly appreciate hearing your experiences about being scammed or how you dodged it. Besides my common sense, a carry-on and a money belt, it would be helpful to get some feedback from what you've encountered so I can better prepare myself as this will be my first time traveling to Europe. I will be solo and mostly staying in apartments. Thank you so much!
Scams & Thieves to look out for in London, Paris & Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 2 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 3 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 4 A Week in Spain
- 5 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 6 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 7 Now for the Venice hotel
- 8 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 9 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 10 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 11 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 12 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 13 week in scotland
- 14 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 15 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 16 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 17 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 18 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 19 Rocamaxour
- 20 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 21 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 22 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 23 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night