I'm in my mid 30s and will be traveling to London, Paris & Italy (Florence, Venice & Rome) in September. These cities are flooded with tourists and I, undoubtedly, will be looking like one. I live in the US and have never been to Europe. I would greatly appreciate hearing your experiences about being scammed or how you dodged it. Besides my common sense, a carry-on and a money belt, it would be helpful to get some feedback from what you've encountered so I can better prepare myself as this will be my first time traveling to Europe. I will be solo and mostly staying in apartments. Thank you so much!
Scams & Thieves to look out for in London, Paris & Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We Need a Pact
- 2 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 3 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 4 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 5 I need a haircut
- 6 Tipping in Greece
- 7 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 8 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 9 Honeymooning in Europe
- 10 Southern France
- 11 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 12 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 13 Spain tips beyond safety
- 14 Small group for Colosseum
- 15 American electrical gadgets
- 16 Arc de Triumph Question
- 17 flea markets in France
- 18 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 19 Eating in France-two new books
- 20 Monet in Normandy
- 21 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 22 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 23 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 24 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?