I'm in my mid 30s and will be traveling to London, Paris & Italy (Florence, Venice & Rome) in September. These cities are flooded with tourists and I, undoubtedly, will be looking like one. I live in the US and have never been to Europe. I would greatly appreciate hearing your experiences about being scammed or how you dodged it. Besides my common sense, a carry-on and a money belt, it would be helpful to get some feedback from what you've encountered so I can better prepare myself as this will be my first time traveling to Europe. I will be solo and mostly staying in apartments. Thank you so much!
Scams & Thieves to look out for in London, Paris & Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 5 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 6 Italy
- 7 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 8 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 11 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 12 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 13 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 14 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 15 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 16 5am arrival in Dublin
- 17 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 18 Ste Remy France
- 19 10 Hours in Brussels
- 20 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 23 destination wedding
- 24 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 25 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?