I'm in my mid 30s and will be traveling to London, Paris & Italy (Florence, Venice & Rome) in September. These cities are flooded with tourists and I, undoubtedly, will be looking like one. I live in the US and have never been to Europe. I would greatly appreciate hearing your experiences about being scammed or how you dodged it. Besides my common sense, a carry-on and a money belt, it would be helpful to get some feedback from what you've encountered so I can better prepare myself as this will be my first time traveling to Europe. I will be solo and mostly staying in apartments. Thank you so much!
Scams & Thieves to look out for in London, Paris & Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport ATMs
- 2 American Express
- 3 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 6 Three ferries to Mull
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 8 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 11 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 12 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 13 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 14 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 15 Which european city?
- 16 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 17 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 18 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 19 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 22 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?