Starting to pin down our plans for our Easter 2016 weekend in Colmar and would appreciate some guidance. We arrive on 23 March midday and leave early morning on Easter Monday, 28 March.
Unless advised otherwise by Fodor experts we plan on spending one day exploring Colmar including the Easter markets, have hired a car for 2 days to do the Route du Vin and have a day in hand to go to Strasbourg by train (ambivalent about this). For our 2 days car exploring I have spent hours pouring over maps and have a north route from Colmar planned for one day and a south route for the other. We have friends from Australia joining us for one of the car exploring days.
For our friends would you recommend they join us for the South or North route day ?
Do you have any recommendations for which days we should use for our exploring?
I am worried everything will be closed for some or all of the Easter weekend - we don't need shops but would like to try wine and eat in inns (not fancy restaurants - recommendations appreciated). I am assuming it would be good to use Thursday, 24 March as one of the exploring days.
Recommendation for which day over the Easter weekend is best for the Easter markets.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP: PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h car*e 24*7
- 2 Pay attention to your watches !
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 5 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 6 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 7 Iceland early december visit
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Zurich to Milan trip
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 12 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 13 Italy Car Scam
- 14 Quizz !
- 15 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 16 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 17 car insurance italy
- 18 Christmas Day in Granada
- 19 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 20 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 21 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 22 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Venice/Mestre
- 25 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily