Starting to pin down our plans for our Easter 2016 weekend in Colmar and would appreciate some guidance. We arrive on 23 March midday and leave early morning on Easter Monday, 28 March.
Unless advised otherwise by Fodor experts we plan on spending one day exploring Colmar including the Easter markets, have hired a car for 2 days to do the Route du Vin and have a day in hand to go to Strasbourg by train (ambivalent about this). For our 2 days car exploring I have spent hours pouring over maps and have a north route from Colmar planned for one day and a south route for the other. We have friends from Australia joining us for one of the car exploring days.
For our friends would you recommend they join us for the South or North route day ?
Do you have any recommendations for which days we should use for our exploring?
I am worried everything will be closed for some or all of the Easter weekend - we don't need shops but would like to try wine and eat in inns (not fancy restaurants - recommendations appreciated). I am assuming it would be good to use Thursday, 24 March as one of the exploring days.
Recommendation for which day over the Easter weekend is best for the Easter markets.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 2 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 3 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 4 Need Information about French Alps
- 5 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 8 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 9 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 10 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 11 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 14 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 15 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 16 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 17 Trip to Rome
- 18 Best Indian Food
- 19 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 20 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 21 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 22 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 23 Piedmont as a destination
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 dinner jackets