Starting to pin down our plans for our Easter 2016 weekend in Colmar and would appreciate some guidance. We arrive on 23 March midday and leave early morning on Easter Monday, 28 March.
Unless advised otherwise by Fodor experts we plan on spending one day exploring Colmar including the Easter markets, have hired a car for 2 days to do the Route du Vin and have a day in hand to go to Strasbourg by train (ambivalent about this). For our 2 days car exploring I have spent hours pouring over maps and have a north route from Colmar planned for one day and a south route for the other. We have friends from Australia joining us for one of the car exploring days.
For our friends would you recommend they join us for the South or North route day ?
Do you have any recommendations for which days we should use for our exploring?
I am worried everything will be closed for some or all of the Easter weekend - we don't need shops but would like to try wine and eat in inns (not fancy restaurants - recommendations appreciated). I am assuming it would be good to use Thursday, 24 March as one of the exploring days.
Recommendation for which day over the Easter weekend is best for the Easter markets.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 3 DUBROVNIK: staying inside oldtown vs Hotel Excelsior/Hilton?
- 4 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 5 London in Winter Report
- 6 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 7 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 8 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 9 Airport Transit Visa
- 10 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 11 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 12 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 13 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 14 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 15 Paris advice with kids
- 16 Anniversary trip to France
- 17 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 18 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 19 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 20 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 21 International drivers permit
- 22 Moscow Favorites
- 23 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 24 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 25 Worst flight booking with edreams