Starting to pin down our plans for our Easter 2016 weekend in Colmar and would appreciate some guidance. We arrive on 23 March midday and leave early morning on Easter Monday, 28 March.
Unless advised otherwise by Fodor experts we plan on spending one day exploring Colmar including the Easter markets, have hired a car for 2 days to do the Route du Vin and have a day in hand to go to Strasbourg by train (ambivalent about this). For our 2 days car exploring I have spent hours pouring over maps and have a north route from Colmar planned for one day and a south route for the other. We have friends from Australia joining us for one of the car exploring days.
For our friends would you recommend they join us for the South or North route day ?
Do you have any recommendations for which days we should use for our exploring?
I am worried everything will be closed for some or all of the Easter weekend - we don't need shops but would like to try wine and eat in inns (not fancy restaurants - recommendations appreciated). I am assuming it would be good to use Thursday, 24 March as one of the exploring days.
Recommendation for which day over the Easter weekend is best for the Easter markets.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living