It looks like we are heading back to Rome next year and we are thinking of going to the Le Marche area after spending time with family in Rome. I have no knowledge of this area (which is part of the fun of course) but have heard that it is beautiful and unspoiled. We have been to Umbria but wondering if there are any suggestions as to where to stay along the way or where to stay in Le Marche (what areas did you like best and why). We will probably have about five nights or so after we leave Rome. We love nature but also don't necessarily want to be stressed about driving back to a hotel after dinner and wine. We have driven extensively in Italy and while it has it's obvious pluses, those long, windy roads can be a bit stressful. I know this is diffcult because it sounds like we want to be near a town center and at the same time be in a remote location...so maybe we do both??? Also, would you recommend goining in May or June? Also, what is our best option in terms of travel from Rome to Le Marche? Any info on this area would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Rome to Le Marche, Where to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now for the Venice hotel
- 2 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 3 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 4 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 5 week in scotland
- 6 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 7 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 8 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 9 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 10 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 11 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 12 Rocamaxour
- 13 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 14 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 15 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 16 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 17 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 20 venice, italy
- 21 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 22 Itinerary help
- 23 Where to go in France mid July?
- 24 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 25 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History