It looks like we are heading back to Rome next year and we are thinking of going to the Le Marche area after spending time with family in Rome. I have no knowledge of this area (which is part of the fun of course) but have heard that it is beautiful and unspoiled. We have been to Umbria but wondering if there are any suggestions as to where to stay along the way or where to stay in Le Marche (what areas did you like best and why). We will probably have about five nights or so after we leave Rome. We love nature but also don't necessarily want to be stressed about driving back to a hotel after dinner and wine. We have driven extensively in Italy and while it has it's obvious pluses, those long, windy roads can be a bit stressful. I know this is diffcult because it sounds like we want to be near a town center and at the same time be in a remote location...so maybe we do both??? Also, would you recommend goining in May or June? Also, what is our best option in terms of travel from Rome to Le Marche? Any info on this area would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Rome to Le Marche, Where to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 2 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 3 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 4 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 5 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 6 London and Where Else in late December?
- 7 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 8 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 9 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 10 London - Site List Triage -
- 11 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 12 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 13 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 16 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 17 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 18 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 19 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 20 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 21 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 22 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 Southern Ireland Help
- 25 Bologna tips