It looks like we are heading back to Rome next year and we are thinking of going to the Le Marche area after spending time with family in Rome. I have no knowledge of this area (which is part of the fun of course) but have heard that it is beautiful and unspoiled. We have been to Umbria but wondering if there are any suggestions as to where to stay along the way or where to stay in Le Marche (what areas did you like best and why). We will probably have about five nights or so after we leave Rome. We love nature but also don't necessarily want to be stressed about driving back to a hotel after dinner and wine. We have driven extensively in Italy and while it has it's obvious pluses, those long, windy roads can be a bit stressful. I know this is diffcult because it sounds like we want to be near a town center and at the same time be in a remote location...so maybe we do both??? Also, would you recommend goining in May or June? Also, what is our best option in terms of travel from Rome to Le Marche? Any info on this area would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Rome to Le Marche, Where to stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 4 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 5 Fashion for larger man?
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 8 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 13 1 week in Croatia
- 14 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 15 Trip to Iceland
- 16 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 19 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 25 Eating in France-two new books