I'm planning a trip to Rome for August for a total of 8 days, and I have an itinerary in place and I wanted to know your opinion. I read Rick Steves guides for Rome, and I'm basing my itinerary on it. I'm going with my wife, brother and his girlfriend.
So what I kind of would like to know is if you feel I'm missing something, or if you feel maybe something is worth sacrificing if too many things in a day. So, here it is. It starts on July 30th and ends August 6th. Please let me know your thoughts
borgesse Gallery and park (maybe too much for first day, replace for something later?)
Napoli day trip
colosseum Underground tour
National Museum of Rome
baths of iocletian
pilgrims Walk (a walk visiting 4 churches)
Dolce Vita stroll (a walk visitin the pantheon, trevi fountain and many sqares)
lido di ostia (Would you recommend it?)
travestere and jewish getto walk (1:30 hour walk)
vatican city st peter
castel san angelo
heart of rome walk (another interesting 1 hour walk)
cinque terre (on my way to Florence, my brother really wants to do a day trip here)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Revised itinerary for italy
- 3 Amalfi Coast help
- 4 Paris Metro
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 A good book!!
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 16 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 17 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 18 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 24 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 25 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal