I'm planning a trip to Rome for August for a total of 8 days, and I have an itinerary in place and I wanted to know your opinion. I read Rick Steves guides for Rome, and I'm basing my itinerary on it. I'm going with my wife, brother and his girlfriend.
So what I kind of would like to know is if you feel I'm missing something, or if you feel maybe something is worth sacrificing if too many things in a day. So, here it is. It starts on July 30th and ends August 6th. Please let me know your thoughts
borgesse Gallery and park (maybe too much for first day, replace for something later?)
Napoli day trip
colosseum Underground tour
National Museum of Rome
baths of iocletian
pilgrims Walk (a walk visiting 4 churches)
Dolce Vita stroll (a walk visitin the pantheon, trevi fountain and many sqares)
lido di ostia (Would you recommend it?)
travestere and jewish getto walk (1:30 hour walk)
vatican city st peter
castel san angelo
heart of rome walk (another interesting 1 hour walk)
cinque terre (on my way to Florence, my brother really wants to do a day trip here)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 2 Dog friendly hotels
- 3 Vacation
- 4 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 5 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 6 Cambridge in May
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Self drive tour companies
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Madrid/Lisbon
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 17 Day trips around Vienna
- 18 Greek fuel cost
- 19 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 20 Killarney
- 21 Walking itinerary in England?
- 22 First time in Bulgaria
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 25 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada