I'm planning a trip to Rome for August for a total of 8 days, and I have an itinerary in place and I wanted to know your opinion. I read Rick Steves guides for Rome, and I'm basing my itinerary on it. I'm going with my wife, brother and his girlfriend.
So what I kind of would like to know is if you feel I'm missing something, or if you feel maybe something is worth sacrificing if too many things in a day. So, here it is. It starts on July 30th and ends August 6th. Please let me know your thoughts
borgesse Gallery and park (maybe too much for first day, replace for something later?)
Napoli day trip
colosseum Underground tour
National Museum of Rome
baths of iocletian
pilgrims Walk (a walk visiting 4 churches)
Dolce Vita stroll (a walk visitin the pantheon, trevi fountain and many sqares)
lido di ostia (Would you recommend it?)
travestere and jewish getto walk (1:30 hour walk)
vatican city st peter
castel san angelo
heart of rome walk (another interesting 1 hour walk)
cinque terre (on my way to Florence, my brother really wants to do a day trip here)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 Castle Stays in Wales
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 10 Can parking
- 11 italy Cinque Terre
- 12 San Sebastián
- 13 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 14 Zurich to Milan trip
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 23 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 24 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 25 Arenalullring area Seville?