Me and my boyfriend (mid twenties couple) will be traveling to Italy in the beginning of June (8th to 16th). We are going to fly into Venice on the 8th till 10th. Then we are renting a car and driving to Florence (one night) then to Pisa(half a day) and then to Rome (13th to 16th). So I have several questions and I am looking for answers and suggestion to all or some of them below:
1. what is the best route for a gondola ride at sunset?
2. Amazing (NON touristy), romantic restaurant in venice (its my birthday, i want something super special).
3. a. Is it worth taking a city tour in venice?
b. if so, which one?
4. I am looking for a winery along the road from florence to rome....any suggestion of a good one? We prefer white wine but red is good too. - Budget wise we are flexible but saving is always appreciated
5. For anyone who has driven the route....please share any special places that you have seen and consider worth visiting.
6. ****** we are foodies (I am also training to become a chef), we love to eat and love to try anything new so any restaurant/eateries that you can recommend anywhere along the route would also be greatly appreciated.
7. anything else that you think will ADD to our little trip...feel free to mention
thank you and looking forward reading your answers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 2 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 3 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 4 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 5 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 6 Shorts in South of France?
- 7 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 8 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 9 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 10 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 11 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 12 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 13 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 14 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 15 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 16 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 17 London Theater
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 20 Greece mainland and islands
- 21 Lyon france-- rental car
- 22 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 23 Switzerland in September
- 24 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 25 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...