I'm looking into a 9 day trip, starting in Florence and ending in Sorrento. We are planning to spend 3 nights in Florence before hiring a car and leisurely driving down to Sorrento.
After Florence, we want to include Siena, Pompeii and explore Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast but we want to avoid Rome (as we visited there last year). I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good sight-seeing route, with good places to stop off.
We are a couple, 26-27yrs olds, like walking, art, architecture and experiencing the local culture. We want to explore the best bits but also do a bit of relaxing towards to the end of the trip.
Also, the only time we can get away in early July. Do you think it will be uncomfortably hot?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 4 days in Provence in early June
- 4 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 7 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 8 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 9 Need Information about French Alps
- 10 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 11 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 12 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 13 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 16 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 17 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 18 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 19 Cordoba Overnight?
- 20 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 21 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 22 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 23 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 24 Uffizi Phone Number
- 25 Do I have time for the Appian Way?