I'm looking into a 9 day trip, starting in Florence and ending in Sorrento. We are planning to spend 3 nights in Florence before hiring a car and leisurely driving down to Sorrento.
After Florence, we want to include Siena, Pompeii and explore Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast but we want to avoid Rome (as we visited there last year). I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good sight-seeing route, with good places to stop off.
We are a couple, 26-27yrs olds, like walking, art, architecture and experiencing the local culture. We want to explore the best bits but also do a bit of relaxing towards to the end of the trip.
Also, the only time we can get away in early July. Do you think it will be uncomfortably hot?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 4 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Sicily
- 7 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 8 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 9 car for four adults and four bikes
- 10 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 11 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 12 If you had to choose one......
- 13 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 16 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 17 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 18 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 19 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 23 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Super Cover For Hertz