I'm looking into a 9 day trip, starting in Florence and ending in Sorrento. We are planning to spend 3 nights in Florence before hiring a car and leisurely driving down to Sorrento.
After Florence, we want to include Siena, Pompeii and explore Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast but we want to avoid Rome (as we visited there last year). I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good sight-seeing route, with good places to stop off.
We are a couple, 26-27yrs olds, like walking, art, architecture and experiencing the local culture. We want to explore the best bits but also do a bit of relaxing towards to the end of the trip.
Also, the only time we can get away in early July. Do you think it will be uncomfortably hot?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 2 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 3 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 8 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 9 Andalucia Spain
- 10 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 11 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 12 Vigo Spain????
- 13 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 14 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 15 Paris in August
- 16 SURPRISE TRIP
- 17 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 25 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain