We will be spending a few nights in Siena and are planning one day trip to the Val d'orcia area and one to the Chianti region. This is our second trip to the region (last time we spent 1 week in Siena and 1 week in Montepulciano). We are 5 adults + 1 toddler.
Our goals for each of the day trips are:
1) Scenic drive (we are staying in Siena)
2) Visit to 1 town...maybe
3) Long, leisurely lunch w/wine tasting in a comfortable setting..i.e. able to walk around, relax..
Our trips will revolve around the toddler. i.e. if he wants to sleep, we will stay put in one place. No agenda other than to soak in scenery, food and wine.
Here is what I have so far:
Castiglion del Bosco
Boccon di vino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 US foods not available in the UK
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 5 Amsterdam and...?
- 6 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 7 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 Andalucia Spain
- 10 Whistle stop family road trip
- 11 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 12 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 13 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 14 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 15 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 16 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 17 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 18 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 19 Driving in Italy
- 20 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 21 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 24 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 25 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia