We will be spending a few nights in Siena and are planning one day trip to the Val d'orcia area and one to the Chianti region. This is our second trip to the region (last time we spent 1 week in Siena and 1 week in Montepulciano). We are 5 adults + 1 toddler.
Our goals for each of the day trips are:
1) Scenic drive (we are staying in Siena)
2) Visit to 1 town...maybe
3) Long, leisurely lunch w/wine tasting in a comfortable setting..i.e. able to walk around, relax..
Our trips will revolve around the toddler. i.e. if he wants to sleep, we will stay put in one place. No agenda other than to soak in scenery, food and wine.
Here is what I have so far:
Castiglion del Bosco
Boccon di vino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel around Spain
- 2 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 3 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 4 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 5 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 6 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 7 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 8 Hilton CPH no loner
- 9 Cornwall UK
- 10 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 11 French Wedding
- 12 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 13 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 14 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 15 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 16 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 17 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 18 I may be wrong....
- 19 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 20 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 21 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 22 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 23 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 24 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 25 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia