We will be spending a few nights in Siena and are planning one day trip to the Val d'orcia area and one to the Chianti region. This is our second trip to the region (last time we spent 1 week in Siena and 1 week in Montepulciano). We are 5 adults + 1 toddler.
Our goals for each of the day trips are:
1) Scenic drive (we are staying in Siena)
2) Visit to 1 town...maybe
3) Long, leisurely lunch w/wine tasting in a comfortable setting..i.e. able to walk around, relax..
Our trips will revolve around the toddler. i.e. if he wants to sleep, we will stay put in one place. No agenda other than to soak in scenery, food and wine.
Here is what I have so far:
Castiglion del Bosco
Boccon di vino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 2 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 6 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 10 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 11 Andalucia itinerary help
- 12 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 13 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 14 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 15 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 16 Barcelona
- 17 Planning a European Trip
- 18 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 21 Santorini lodging
- 22 Spain and South of France
- 23 Algarve location Help
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia