We will be spending a few nights in Siena and are planning one day trip to the Val d'orcia area and one to the Chianti region. This is our second trip to the region (last time we spent 1 week in Siena and 1 week in Montepulciano). We are 5 adults + 1 toddler.
Our goals for each of the day trips are:
1) Scenic drive (we are staying in Siena)
2) Visit to 1 town...maybe
3) Long, leisurely lunch w/wine tasting in a comfortable setting..i.e. able to walk around, relax..
Our trips will revolve around the toddler. i.e. if he wants to sleep, we will stay put in one place. No agenda other than to soak in scenery, food and wine.
Here is what I have so far:
Castiglion del Bosco
Boccon di vino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands (small)
- 2 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 3 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 4 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Lay over time
- 8 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 9 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 10 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 11 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 12 K-Day
- 13 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 14 Spain in December
- 15 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 16 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 20 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 21 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 22 Flat in London
- 23 Help required with Itinerary
- 24 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 25 Provence best farmstays!!??
Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia