We will be spending a few nights in Siena and are planning one day trip to the Val d'orcia area and one to the Chianti region. This is our second trip to the region (last time we spent 1 week in Siena and 1 week in Montepulciano). We are 5 adults + 1 toddler.
Our goals for each of the day trips are:
1) Scenic drive (we are staying in Siena)
2) Visit to 1 town...maybe
3) Long, leisurely lunch w/wine tasting in a comfortable setting..i.e. able to walk around, relax..
Our trips will revolve around the toddler. i.e. if he wants to sleep, we will stay put in one place. No agenda other than to soak in scenery, food and wine.
Here is what I have so far:
Castiglion del Bosco
Boccon di vino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Summer Travel order
- 4 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 5 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 6 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 7 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 8 Trip suggestion
- 9 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 10 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 11 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 12 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 Dijon in December!
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 22 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 23 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 24 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 25 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia