We will be spending a few nights in Siena and are planning one day trip to the Val d'orcia area and one to the Chianti region. This is our second trip to the region (last time we spent 1 week in Siena and 1 week in Montepulciano). We are 5 adults + 1 toddler.
Our goals for each of the day trips are:
1) Scenic drive (we are staying in Siena)
2) Visit to 1 town...maybe
3) Long, leisurely lunch w/wine tasting in a comfortable setting..i.e. able to walk around, relax..
Our trips will revolve around the toddler. i.e. if he wants to sleep, we will stay put in one place. No agenda other than to soak in scenery, food and wine.
Here is what I have so far:
Castiglion del Bosco
Boccon di vino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 6 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 7 getting to CDG
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 A Month stay in Southern France
- 10 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 11 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 12 Revised itinerary for italy
- 13 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 14 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 Hotel in Vienna
- 18 Places of interest
- 19 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 20 Switzerland in November?
- 21 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 vienna
- 24 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 25 Ireland and Scotland in July
Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia