My family (me, my husband and our 9 year old twins) will be traveling to Italy and France next June. We fly into Venice and after staying three nights, will spend nine nights in Tuscany and then will make our way to Nice and the Cote d'Azur. We want to rent a car when we leave Venice, and my thought is to return it in San Remo and take the train to Nice from there.
I have checked Auto Europe, Kremwel, Kayak, and Carrentals.co.uk, and have only been able to get a quote from Auto Europe (no search results returned from the others). The rental would be from June 11 - June 20 and the quote from Auto Europe for a compact Peugeot wagon seating 5 with space for 4 suitcases is $706 (includes the one-way car rental fee, unlimited mileage, theft and liability).
So, my question is this: This rate seems high to me. Is it? And, can I wait to rent and see if it goes down? Or do I need to reserve soon?
I know this is totally different, but I just rented a larger car (a mini van) for 10 days for an upcoming trip to Kauai, and it only cost $265 so the price above just seems painful.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO password recovery CONTACT☎ 1:888:482:3831YAHOO Tec*h Supp0rt
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 4 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 8 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 9 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 10 Long weekend in Albania
- 11 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 12 Airfare from Paris to Bastia
- 13 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 14 hill of crosses
- 15 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 16 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Planning A trip
- 19 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 20 A week in the Occitanie
- 21 Munich and....???
- 22 Iceland March Itinerary
- 23 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 24 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas