My family (me, my husband and our 9 year old twins) will be traveling to Italy and France next June. We fly into Venice and after staying three nights, will spend nine nights in Tuscany and then will make our way to Nice and the Cote d'Azur. We want to rent a car when we leave Venice, and my thought is to return it in San Remo and take the train to Nice from there.
I have checked Auto Europe, Kremwel, Kayak, and Carrentals.co.uk, and have only been able to get a quote from Auto Europe (no search results returned from the others). The rental would be from June 11 - June 20 and the quote from Auto Europe for a compact Peugeot wagon seating 5 with space for 4 suitcases is $706 (includes the one-way car rental fee, unlimited mileage, theft and liability).
So, my question is this: This rate seems high to me. Is it? And, can I wait to rent and see if it goes down? Or do I need to reserve soon?
I know this is totally different, but I just rented a larger car (a mini van) for 10 days for an upcoming trip to Kauai, and it only cost $265 so the price above just seems painful.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GOOD OUTLOOK @ Password Reset CONTACT ☎1800:681:7208OUTLOOKTec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 3 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 4 Studying art in English in venice
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 7 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 8 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 9 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 10 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 11 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 12 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 13 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 14 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 17 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 18 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 21 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 22 Trogir or Split
- 23 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 24 Scotland
- 25 Hotels in Turin