My family (me, my husband and our 9 year old twins) will be traveling to Italy and France next June. We fly into Venice and after staying three nights, will spend nine nights in Tuscany and then will make our way to Nice and the Cote d'Azur. We want to rent a car when we leave Venice, and my thought is to return it in San Remo and take the train to Nice from there.
I have checked Auto Europe, Kremwel, Kayak, and Carrentals.co.uk, and have only been able to get a quote from Auto Europe (no search results returned from the others). The rental would be from June 11 - June 20 and the quote from Auto Europe for a compact Peugeot wagon seating 5 with space for 4 suitcases is $706 (includes the one-way car rental fee, unlimited mileage, theft and liability).
So, my question is this: This rate seems high to me. Is it? And, can I wait to rent and see if it goes down? Or do I need to reserve soon?
I know this is totally different, but I just rented a larger car (a mini van) for 10 days for an upcoming trip to Kauai, and it only cost $265 so the price above just seems painful.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 2 Airport Transit Visa
- 3 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 4 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 5 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 6 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 7 Where in Greece
- 8 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 9 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 10 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 11 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 12 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 13 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 14 Vatican tour
- 15 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 16 Day in Capri
- 17 alcazar question and seville advice
- 18 TSA Precheck
- 19 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 First visit to London
- 22 Paris travel help
- 23 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 24 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 25 Paris..The St. Germain area.