I would appreciate some feedback about my itinerary that is materializing for my trip to Spain during the 2nd week of June. We are in our late 20's and prioritize scenic views, outdoor activities/exploration and good food!
We are arriving in Barcelona on a Saturday morning, planning to stay 2-3 nights, possibly in Hotel Constanza (?) Open to other recommendations moderately priced (under US$180) in the Gothic Quarter/Las Ramblas.
Next, we plan to rent a car to explore the Costa Brava for 2-3 days. Initially I thought we'd stay in Girona and use it as a springboard for some coastal explorations (Tossa del Mar, Lloret de Mar, Begur...and north to Cadaques) but now we are considering a B&B Casa dos Torres in Calella de Palafrugell in order to spend some time in close proximity to the beach for a portion of this trip. Does this make sense in lieu of staying in Girona?
Are there any alternative suggestions for choosing a homebase for 2-3 nights? We'd also like to venture out for a hike in the Pyrenees, but this may be adding a little too much. It sounds like there are ample hiking/walking opportunities along the coast, right? Girona was stated to be a center for cyclists in the region-we are not serious bikers but would renting a bike for a day in Girona make sense in terms of accessing area trails or are we better of sticking to the coast for optimal scenery?
Next, we return the car in Barcelona (airport) and fly to Bilbao for the last few days of our trip. We'd like to see San Sebastian as well, by bus I suppose. Any lodging recommendations in that region for those familiar with this side of the country? We fly out of Bilbao on our 8th afternoon, back to NYC.
Any and all advice would be great so that we make the most of our trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Apartment Montreux area
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 9 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 Berlin
- 12 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 13 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 17 Lille Braderie 2017
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 24 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 25 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
Recommendations for our 8 days in Costa Brava & Basque Coast!?