I would appreciate some feedback about my itinerary that is materializing for my trip to Spain during the 2nd week of June. We are in our late 20's and prioritize scenic views, outdoor activities/exploration and good food!
We are arriving in Barcelona on a Saturday morning, planning to stay 2-3 nights, possibly in Hotel Constanza (?) Open to other recommendations moderately priced (under US$180) in the Gothic Quarter/Las Ramblas.
Next, we plan to rent a car to explore the Costa Brava for 2-3 days. Initially I thought we'd stay in Girona and use it as a springboard for some coastal explorations (Tossa del Mar, Lloret de Mar, Begur...and north to Cadaques) but now we are considering a B&B Casa dos Torres in Calella de Palafrugell in order to spend some time in close proximity to the beach for a portion of this trip. Does this make sense in lieu of staying in Girona?
Are there any alternative suggestions for choosing a homebase for 2-3 nights? We'd also like to venture out for a hike in the Pyrenees, but this may be adding a little too much. It sounds like there are ample hiking/walking opportunities along the coast, right? Girona was stated to be a center for cyclists in the region-we are not serious bikers but would renting a bike for a day in Girona make sense in terms of accessing area trails or are we better of sticking to the coast for optimal scenery?
Next, we return the car in Barcelona (airport) and fly to Bilbao for the last few days of our trip. We'd like to see San Sebastian as well, by bus I suppose. Any lodging recommendations in that region for those familiar with this side of the country? We fly out of Bilbao on our 8th afternoon, back to NYC.
Any and all advice would be great so that we make the most of our trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 2 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 3 quickest way to Prague
- 4 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Avoid Europcar!
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 16 days in France and Italy
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 14 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 15 Amsterdam
- 16 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 17 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 18 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 22 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 23 Paris for children
- 24 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
Recommendations for our 8 days in Costa Brava & Basque Coast!?