I would appreciate some feedback about my itinerary that is materializing for my trip to Spain during the 2nd week of June. We are in our late 20's and prioritize scenic views, outdoor activities/exploration and good food!
We are arriving in Barcelona on a Saturday morning, planning to stay 2-3 nights, possibly in Hotel Constanza (?) Open to other recommendations moderately priced (under US$180) in the Gothic Quarter/Las Ramblas.
Next, we plan to rent a car to explore the Costa Brava for 2-3 days. Initially I thought we'd stay in Girona and use it as a springboard for some coastal explorations (Tossa del Mar, Lloret de Mar, Begur...and north to Cadaques) but now we are considering a B&B Casa dos Torres in Calella de Palafrugell in order to spend some time in close proximity to the beach for a portion of this trip. Does this make sense in lieu of staying in Girona?
Are there any alternative suggestions for choosing a homebase for 2-3 nights? We'd also like to venture out for a hike in the Pyrenees, but this may be adding a little too much. It sounds like there are ample hiking/walking opportunities along the coast, right? Girona was stated to be a center for cyclists in the region-we are not serious bikers but would renting a bike for a day in Girona make sense in terms of accessing area trails or are we better of sticking to the coast for optimal scenery?
Next, we return the car in Barcelona (airport) and fly to Bilbao for the last few days of our trip. We'd like to see San Sebastian as well, by bus I suppose. Any lodging recommendations in that region for those familiar with this side of the country? We fly out of Bilbao on our 8th afternoon, back to NYC.
Any and all advice would be great so that we make the most of our trip!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 3 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 4 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 5 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 6 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 7 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 10 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 11 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 12 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Appenzell in December?
- 17 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 18 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 19 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 20 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 21 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 22 Traveling in Belgium
- 23 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 24 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
Recommendations for our 8 days in Costa Brava & Basque Coast!?