Myself, my boyfriend (both in our 30's) and my 13 yr old will be in Rome for 3 nights mid August (I know - we must be mad - the heat!), staying near the Pantheon/Navona area. I usually go with the rule of go one street back when eating in cities/near major tourist sites so we don't pay to much/get tourist versions of food etc so I would love to hear some recommendations, is Camp De Fiori better for lunch or is it more for dinner after the market closes? I tend to like eating dinner nearer to where we stay when most of the day is spent walking, saving lunch for further afield! Or should we head over to Travestere for dinner?
Looking for places in the pocket friendly - mid-price range so no michelin stars needed
Food is always an important part of our trips so I look forward to your ideas!This is our first time to Rome.
Recomend great places to eat near Patheon/Navonna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 3 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 4 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 5 Provence in November
- 6 When to go to Sicily
- 7 Itinerary advise needed
- 8 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 9 Kimhe--flamenco
- 10 Wengen to Torino?
- 11 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 12 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 13 Working Holiday in Germany
- 14 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 15 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 16 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 17 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 18 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 19 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 20 Lakes District UK
- 21 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 22 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 23 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 24 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 25 Transport in Venice