Hope you can help me choose the best option for train travel in mid-April. We'll be traveling from Sintra to Porto, and I realize we'll have to transit Lisbon, but I want to do so in the most straightforward way, as we'll have a lot of luggage. I reviewed the www.cp.pt website, and it looks as if we could take an Urbano train from Sintra to Lisbon Oriente (46 minutes) and then the AP train from Lisbo Oriente to Porto (2 hrs 35 min). That seems like the best bet (otherwise we're taking a train from Sintra to Lisbon's Rossio Station and then lugging all our bags to the Santa Apolonia Station where most of the trains to Porto originate).
Does this make sense (Sintra-Lisboa Oriente-Porto), and is there anything else I should consider? On the CP website it looks like they don't allow a lot of time between trains at the Oriente station - are the Urbano trains generally on time? I plan to purchase the tickets ahead of time online, although I'm not sure I can buy the Urbano ticket in advance...perhaps just the AP train. Also welcome any thoughts re: whether it's worth it to upgrade to first class on the AP trains. Appreciate your help and any other suggestions you might have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 2 London 2For1 question
- 3 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 Fastest travel from Malpensa to Port of Genoa
- 6 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 7 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 8 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 9 7 days in Greece
- 10 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 11 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 12 Venice
- 13 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 14 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 15 Another Book List for Italy
- 16 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 17 Last night in Sweden
- 18 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 21 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 22 charming cities in Spain
- 23 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 24 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Itinerary Help for Portugal