Hope you can help me choose the best option for train travel in mid-April. We'll be traveling from Sintra to Porto, and I realize we'll have to transit Lisbon, but I want to do so in the most straightforward way, as we'll have a lot of luggage. I reviewed the www.cp.pt website, and it looks as if we could take an Urbano train from Sintra to Lisbon Oriente (46 minutes) and then the AP train from Lisbo Oriente to Porto (2 hrs 35 min). That seems like the best bet (otherwise we're taking a train from Sintra to Lisbon's Rossio Station and then lugging all our bags to the Santa Apolonia Station where most of the trains to Porto originate).
Does this make sense (Sintra-Lisboa Oriente-Porto), and is there anything else I should consider? On the CP website it looks like they don't allow a lot of time between trains at the Oriente station - are the Urbano trains generally on time? I plan to purchase the tickets ahead of time online, although I'm not sure I can buy the Urbano ticket in advance...perhaps just the AP train. Also welcome any thoughts re: whether it's worth it to upgrade to first class on the AP trains. Appreciate your help and any other suggestions you might have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://maleenhancementshop.info/profactor-t-2000/
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Andalucia Spain
- 4 seat reservations
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 8 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 9 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 10 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 11 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 12 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 13 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 14 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 15 Italy in a week
- 16 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 17 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 18 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 19 Germany-Car or Train
- 20 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 21 SURPRISE TRIP
- 22 Jewish Vienna
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 Reaching the Lake District
- 25 Positano Hotel in September