Hope you can help me choose the best option for train travel in mid-April. We'll be traveling from Sintra to Porto, and I realize we'll have to transit Lisbon, but I want to do so in the most straightforward way, as we'll have a lot of luggage. I reviewed the www.cp.pt website, and it looks as if we could take an Urbano train from Sintra to Lisbon Oriente (46 minutes) and then the AP train from Lisbo Oriente to Porto (2 hrs 35 min). That seems like the best bet (otherwise we're taking a train from Sintra to Lisbon's Rossio Station and then lugging all our bags to the Santa Apolonia Station where most of the trains to Porto originate).
Does this make sense (Sintra-Lisboa Oriente-Porto), and is there anything else I should consider? On the CP website it looks like they don't allow a lot of time between trains at the Oriente station - are the Urbano trains generally on time? I plan to purchase the tickets ahead of time online, although I'm not sure I can buy the Urbano ticket in advance...perhaps just the AP train. Also welcome any thoughts re: whether it's worth it to upgrade to first class on the AP trains. Appreciate your help and any other suggestions you might have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 5 Versailles
- 6 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 7 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 11 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 12 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 15 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 16 driving from prague to salzburg
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 19 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 20 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 21 Germany train help!
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 Sicily