We are planning a trip to Ireland and Scotland in Aug/Sept 2014 (I know it's over a year away). I understand this to be the high season. We want to get in a car and just go, stopping when we feel like it and staying as long or as short as we want. We will probably stay some time in Dublin and maybe a week or two touring the rest of the country (mostly the west). Likewise, some time in Edinburgh and another 2-3 weeks touring the rest of the country. Given the season, is it unreasonable to think we could do this without reservations? Or should we plan in advance where we want to go and make reservations for our accommodations? If we need to make reservations, how far in advance should we do this? Thank you!
Question on Planning for Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 Budget for 3 Month's
- 4 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 5 Italian cooking classes
- 6 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 7 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 8 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 9 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 10 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 11 London visit
- 12 Questions for my German friends
- 13 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 14 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 15 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 16 21 Days in Central Europe
- 17 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 18 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 19 Chip but no PIN
- 20 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 21 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 22 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 25 Madrid Tapas Tour