We are planning a trip to Ireland and Scotland in Aug/Sept 2014 (I know it's over a year away). I understand this to be the high season. We want to get in a car and just go, stopping when we feel like it and staying as long or as short as we want. We will probably stay some time in Dublin and maybe a week or two touring the rest of the country (mostly the west). Likewise, some time in Edinburgh and another 2-3 weeks touring the rest of the country. Given the season, is it unreasonable to think we could do this without reservations? Or should we plan in advance where we want to go and make reservations for our accommodations? If we need to make reservations, how far in advance should we do this? Thank you!
Question on Planning for Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague - Tram #22
- 2 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 5 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 6 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 7 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 8 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 9 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 10 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 11 nearby cities to london
- 12 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 13 London hotel
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 19 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 20 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 21 Where to stay in Rome
- 22 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 23 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 24 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 25 Italy Apartment What To Bring