We are planning a trip to Ireland and Scotland in Aug/Sept 2014 (I know it's over a year away). I understand this to be the high season. We want to get in a car and just go, stopping when we feel like it and staying as long or as short as we want. We will probably stay some time in Dublin and maybe a week or two touring the rest of the country (mostly the west). Likewise, some time in Edinburgh and another 2-3 weeks touring the rest of the country. Given the season, is it unreasonable to think we could do this without reservations? Or should we plan in advance where we want to go and make reservations for our accommodations? If we need to make reservations, how far in advance should we do this? Thank you!
Question on Planning for Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 2 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 3 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 4 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 5 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 6 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 7 Help for San Sebastian
- 8 Weekend in Paris
- 9 Newgrange to Galway
- 10 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 11 Ghent or Paris?
- 12 North Italy - need itinerary help please!
- 13 Euronight Train from Munich to Budapest - doubts
- 14 Turkey small group tours?
- 15 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 16 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 17 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 18 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 19 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 20 Barcelona for single female
- 21 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 22 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 23 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 24 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 25 Venice - boats on canals