Hi there Fodorites,
This question is about using my mobile phone in Europe. I was thinking of just using my own SIM and turning off data and only using it to connect to wifi during my trip in July. However the more I think about it the more I think I'll benefit from either a local or travel SIM. I'm traveling with friends and it's likely we will need to call/SMS each other during our visit. We will also need to confirm reservations etc. I also want to go running and not knowing cities means I am absolutely going to get lost without my phone as a GPS. Yes I realise this makes me ridiculously dependent on a technology that not long ago didn't exist and people survived just fine ...
So my question is would I be better off buying a SIM overseas - I am heading to Spain, France, Italy and England - or would any Aussies on here recommend a travel SIM such as the one Australia Post have.
And if I use it for data it would only be for maps and perhaps some apps like Airbnb, tripit, and
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy bus or train
- 2 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 3 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 4 Oporto
- 5 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 6 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 7 Porto and vicinity
- 8 Rome to venice
- 9 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 10 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 11 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 12 help with Italy itinerary
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 17 Le Marche Research Help
- 18 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 19 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 20 Krakow to Prague CAR SERVICE
- 21 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 22 Undisclsoed location
- 23 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 24 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 25 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
Hi there Fodorites,