Hi there Fodorites,
This question is about using my mobile phone in Europe. I was thinking of just using my own SIM and turning off data and only using it to connect to wifi during my trip in July. However the more I think about it the more I think I'll benefit from either a local or travel SIM. I'm traveling with friends and it's likely we will need to call/SMS each other during our visit. We will also need to confirm reservations etc. I also want to go running and not knowing cities means I am absolutely going to get lost without my phone as a GPS. Yes I realise this makes me ridiculously dependent on a technology that not long ago didn't exist and people survived just fine ...
So my question is would I be better off buying a SIM overseas - I am heading to Spain, France, Italy and England - or would any Aussies on here recommend a travel SIM such as the one Australia Post have.
And if I use it for data it would only be for maps and perhaps some apps like Airbnb, tripit, and
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 3 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 4 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 5 LIsbon
- 6 London Hotels
- 7 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 8 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 9 Luggage Storage
- 10 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 11 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 12 Paris hotels
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 15 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 16 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 17 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 18 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 19 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 20 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Back from Paris
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Summer Travel order
- 25 10 days in Paris and......
Hi there Fodorites,