Hi there Fodorites,
This question is about using my mobile phone in Europe. I was thinking of just using my own SIM and turning off data and only using it to connect to wifi during my trip in July. However the more I think about it the more I think I'll benefit from either a local or travel SIM. I'm traveling with friends and it's likely we will need to call/SMS each other during our visit. We will also need to confirm reservations etc. I also want to go running and not knowing cities means I am absolutely going to get lost without my phone as a GPS. Yes I realise this makes me ridiculously dependent on a technology that not long ago didn't exist and people survived just fine ...
So my question is would I be better off buying a SIM overseas - I am heading to Spain, France, Italy and England - or would any Aussies on here recommend a travel SIM such as the one Australia Post have.
And if I use it for data it would only be for maps and perhaps some apps like Airbnb, tripit, and
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 2 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 5 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 6 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Maximizing Norway time
- 9 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 10 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 11 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 12 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 13 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 14 Hiking in Switzerland
- 15 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 16 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 17 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 18 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 19 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 20 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 21 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 24 CASH OR CARD?
- 25 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
Hi there Fodorites,