Hi there Fodorites,
This question is about using my mobile phone in Europe. I was thinking of just using my own SIM and turning off data and only using it to connect to wifi during my trip in July. However the more I think about it the more I think I'll benefit from either a local or travel SIM. I'm traveling with friends and it's likely we will need to call/SMS each other during our visit. We will also need to confirm reservations etc. I also want to go running and not knowing cities means I am absolutely going to get lost without my phone as a GPS. Yes I realise this makes me ridiculously dependent on a technology that not long ago didn't exist and people survived just fine ...
So my question is would I be better off buying a SIM overseas - I am heading to Spain, France, Italy and England - or would any Aussies on here recommend a travel SIM such as the one Australia Post have.
And if I use it for data it would only be for maps and perhaps some apps like Airbnb, tripit, and
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 God Save the Queen?
- 2 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Iceland
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Paris to Italy
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 14 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 17 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 18 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 19 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 20 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 21 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 22 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 23 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 24 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 25 Venice to Zermatt by Train
Hi there Fodorites,