We fly into Charles de Gaulle on Bastille day (Sunday the 14th) and arrive about 6am local time. We would like to take the TGV to Provence. We keep reading its best to have reservations for the train but not sure how much time to allow for customs, etc. Also debating on where to stay. I've found a beautiful B&B in Vers Pont du Gard that has a vacancy. We are planning to rent a car. My husband is leaning towards staying in a hotel in Orange and not renting a car the first day. I see his point - plane, train, automobile on little sleep - but the B&B looks so delightful. Any thoughts? It's our first trip to the area. Our interests are Roman ruins, wine and food. We leave Wednesday morning for Paris where we are meeting friends. Hope this isn't too long.
Provence for 3 days in July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 2 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 3 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 4 Please suffer one more London travelcard question
- 5 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 6 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 7 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 8 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 9 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 10 Camino No-No
- 11 Rioja
- 12 Madrid
- 13 Ireland train system: first class??
- 14 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 15 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 16 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 17 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 18 apartment
- 19 travel insurance
- 20 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 21 Best way to tour Sicily?
- 22 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 23 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 24 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 25 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?