We fly into Charles de Gaulle on Bastille day (Sunday the 14th) and arrive about 6am local time. We would like to take the TGV to Provence. We keep reading its best to have reservations for the train but not sure how much time to allow for customs, etc. Also debating on where to stay. I've found a beautiful B&B in Vers Pont du Gard that has a vacancy. We are planning to rent a car. My husband is leaning towards staying in a hotel in Orange and not renting a car the first day. I see his point - plane, train, automobile on little sleep - but the B&B looks so delightful. Any thoughts? It's our first trip to the area. Our interests are Roman ruins, wine and food. We leave Wednesday morning for Paris where we are meeting friends. Hope this isn't too long.
Provence for 3 days in July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 2 Location of hotel in Rome
- 3 Sicily Suggetions
- 4 London hotel
- 5 Paris in April?
- 6 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 7 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 8 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 9 A drive in Europe
- 10 Reims for a day
- 11 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 12 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 13 car rental companies Italy
- 14 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 15 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 16 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 What are the best places to see in England
- 19 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 22 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 23 hotels in Seville
- 24 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid