We fly into Charles de Gaulle on Bastille day (Sunday the 14th) and arrive about 6am local time. We would like to take the TGV to Provence. We keep reading its best to have reservations for the train but not sure how much time to allow for customs, etc. Also debating on where to stay. I've found a beautiful B&B in Vers Pont du Gard that has a vacancy. We are planning to rent a car. My husband is leaning towards staying in a hotel in Orange and not renting a car the first day. I see his point - plane, train, automobile on little sleep - but the B&B looks so delightful. Any thoughts? It's our first trip to the area. Our interests are Roman ruins, wine and food. We leave Wednesday morning for Paris where we are meeting friends. Hope this isn't too long.
Provence for 3 days in July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 2 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 3 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 4 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 5 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 6 3 weeks in Europe
- 7 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Andalucia, Morocco
- 8 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 9 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 10 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 11 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 12 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 13 Daytrip From istanbul: IZNIK (NICEA)
- 14 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 15 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 16 Ireland Southwest
- 17 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 18 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 19 Car Rental in Iceland
- 20 London neighborhood suggestions
- 21 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 22 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 23 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 24 London 2nd time around
- 25 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.