We fly into Charles de Gaulle on Bastille day (Sunday the 14th) and arrive about 6am local time. We would like to take the TGV to Provence. We keep reading its best to have reservations for the train but not sure how much time to allow for customs, etc. Also debating on where to stay. I've found a beautiful B&B in Vers Pont du Gard that has a vacancy. We are planning to rent a car. My husband is leaning towards staying in a hotel in Orange and not renting a car the first day. I see his point - plane, train, automobile on little sleep - but the B&B looks so delightful. Any thoughts? It's our first trip to the area. Our interests are Roman ruins, wine and food. We leave Wednesday morning for Paris where we are meeting friends. Hope this isn't too long.
Provence for 3 days in July
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 2 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 5 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 6 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 7 Fashion for larger man?
- 8 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 9 London 2nd time around
- 10 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 11 Traveling in France by train
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 14 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 15 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 16 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 17 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 18 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 19 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 20 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 21 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 22 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 23 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 24 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 25 Sicily - not a trip report