We are a youngish couple (Mid 30ies) from Mumbai India and travel once or twice in a year. We love visiting new cities and getting immersed in the city, culture and cuisine. We are relatively relaxed travelers and like to visit local places as much as tourist attractions and like offbeat experiences. Also it is not a must for us to visit all the tourist attractions.
I am planning a trip to Prague, Krakow and Budapest in October and wanted a few inputs from you guys. Unfortunately for this trip we have a limited time frame and we are trying to cover 3 cities in 10 days! So following is the plan:
5th Oct fly to Prague reaching at 9.00 am
5th to 8th - Prague
8th Oct take the overnight train to Krakow reaching Krakow in the morning
9th to 10th - Krakow (excluding Auschwitz)
10th Oct take the overnight train to Budapest reaching Budapest in the morning.
11th to 14th - Budapest
15th Oct fly back home.
- Do we have enough time in Prague and Budapest to do justice
- since we are travelling at night mainly we have included Krakow for 2 days/I night. Does this seem do able or over ambitious. We just want to get the feel of the city since we have heard so much and this gives us the opportunity to get a quick taste for a future trip.
- Weather. I know it would be Autumn in Europe and temperatures would range from 6 to 16 degrees.
- Any off beat experience or suggestions you may have. We did a tapas tour in Madrid that we really loved. Something on similar lines would be fun and give us a good understanding of the cuisine and culture. Any one been try the running tour in Budapest. I hear it is great fun.
I have not yet decided on places to stay or sightseeing plans.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 DVD burning software
- 3 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 4 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 5 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Train travel
- 8 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 9 WWI Battlefields
- 10 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Iceland 3 day layover
- 17 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 18 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 21 Milos beach stay
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy