My husband and I will be visiting Paris and Dordogne area for 10 days, arriving April 26 and leaving May 6. I have not booked the airline tickets. Before I do so, I would like to call on your experience and expertise to help me consider what will be the best option. My initial thought is to fly in and out of Paris, spending 4 nights in Paris, then 4 nights in Dordogne, then 2 nights in Paris again.( I thought I might want to see Paris before I leave France.) Am I wrong to do so by fly in and out from Paris? By the way, is the Dordogne area worth 4 nights? I know there are a lot of villages and cave sites to see. But Do these villages look much alike and warrant the time to spend in visiting many of them? I remember seeing so many basilicas in Rome that the wow factor began to wear out until I saw the Duomo in Siena. By the way, this is our first trip to France. Any thoughts and suggestions? Thank you all in advance.
Please help decide the length of stays in Paris and Dordogne area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland help...?
- 2 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 3 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 4 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 5 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 6 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 7 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 8 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 9 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 10 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 11 Sicily in a winter
- 12 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 13 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 14 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 15 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 16 Guidebook for Iceland
- 17 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 18 Eastern Europe
- 19 Taormina Sicily
- 20 Scuol, Switzerland
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 23 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 24 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 25 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam