My husband and I will be visiting Paris and Dordogne area for 10 days, arriving April 26 and leaving May 6. I have not booked the airline tickets. Before I do so, I would like to call on your experience and expertise to help me consider what will be the best option. My initial thought is to fly in and out of Paris, spending 4 nights in Paris, then 4 nights in Dordogne, then 2 nights in Paris again.( I thought I might want to see Paris before I leave France.) Am I wrong to do so by fly in and out from Paris? By the way, is the Dordogne area worth 4 nights? I know there are a lot of villages and cave sites to see. But Do these villages look much alike and warrant the time to spend in visiting many of them? I remember seeing so many basilicas in Rome that the wow factor began to wear out until I saw the Duomo in Siena. By the way, this is our first trip to France. Any thoughts and suggestions? Thank you all in advance.
Please help decide the length of stays in Paris and Dordogne area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Food Tour
- 2 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 3 I dream of Europe
- 4 First Time to UK since 2001
- 5 Help with England/Wales tour
- 6 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 7 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 8 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 9 Autumn in Paris
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 12 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 13 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 15 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 16 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 17 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 18 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 19 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 20 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 21 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 22 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 23 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 24 NCAA Pigskin Week Six ? Picks?
- 25 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK