My husband and I will be visiting Paris and Dordogne area for 10 days, arriving April 26 and leaving May 6. I have not booked the airline tickets. Before I do so, I would like to call on your experience and expertise to help me consider what will be the best option. My initial thought is to fly in and out of Paris, spending 4 nights in Paris, then 4 nights in Dordogne, then 2 nights in Paris again.( I thought I might want to see Paris before I leave France.) Am I wrong to do so by fly in and out from Paris? By the way, is the Dordogne area worth 4 nights? I know there are a lot of villages and cave sites to see. But Do these villages look much alike and warrant the time to spend in visiting many of them? I remember seeing so many basilicas in Rome that the wow factor began to wear out until I saw the Duomo in Siena. By the way, this is our first trip to France. Any thoughts and suggestions? Thank you all in advance.
Please help decide the length of stays in Paris and Dordogne area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 2 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 3 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 4 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 5 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 12 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 9 days in turkey
- 15 Burg Eltz
- 16 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 17 Germany-berlin marathon
- 18 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 19 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 20 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 21 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 22 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 itinerary help
- 25 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014