My husband and I will be visiting Paris and Dordogne area for 10 days, arriving April 26 and leaving May 6. I have not booked the airline tickets. Before I do so, I would like to call on your experience and expertise to help me consider what will be the best option. My initial thought is to fly in and out of Paris, spending 4 nights in Paris, then 4 nights in Dordogne, then 2 nights in Paris again.( I thought I might want to see Paris before I leave France.) Am I wrong to do so by fly in and out from Paris? By the way, is the Dordogne area worth 4 nights? I know there are a lot of villages and cave sites to see. But Do these villages look much alike and warrant the time to spend in visiting many of them? I remember seeing so many basilicas in Rome that the wow factor began to wear out until I saw the Duomo in Siena. By the way, this is our first trip to France. Any thoughts and suggestions? Thank you all in advance.
Please help decide the length of stays in Paris and Dordogne area.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 4 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 5 More help with housing in Puglia
- 6 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 7 Chambermaid tipping
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 11 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 TGV and Provence questions
- 14 Rome Accommodation
- 15 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 16 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 17 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 Italian Lakes gardens
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 22 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 23 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 24 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 25 Taxi Availability from Bus Station