My husband and I will be visiting Paris and Dordogne area for 10 days, arriving April 26 and leaving May 6. I have not booked the airline tickets. Before I do so, I would like to call on your experience and expertise to help me consider what will be the best option. My initial thought is to fly in and out of Paris, spending 4 nights in Paris, then 4 nights in Dordogne, then 2 nights in Paris again.( I thought I might want to see Paris before I leave France.) Am I wrong to do so by fly in and out from Paris? By the way, is the Dordogne area worth 4 nights? I know there are a lot of villages and cave sites to see. But Do these villages look much alike and warrant the time to spend in visiting many of them? I remember seeing so many basilicas in Rome that the wow factor began to wear out until I saw the Duomo in Siena. By the way, this is our first trip to France. Any thoughts and suggestions? Thank you all in advance.
Please help decide the length of stays in Paris and Dordogne area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage sizing
- 2 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 3 Moving to Belfast
- 4 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 5 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 8 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 9 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 10 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 11 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 12 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 13 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 14 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 15 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 16 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 17 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 18 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 19 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 20 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 21 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 22 Scuol, Switzerland
- 23 2 Weeks in Paris
- 24 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 25 Dolomites in May? Worth it?