It has been a while since our last trip to Europe…
I am now looking into tickets for travelling to Switzerland & Scandinavian for the end of Aug. It will be 3 of us: me, DH and our almost 2 yrs old.
Before I actually buy the tickets, I’d like to ask the experts here if the itineraries are okay/doable…?
Aug 27: fly @ nite
Aug 28: arrive in Zurich
Aug 29: Zurich (day trip to St. Gallen).
Aug 30: to Lucerne
Aug 31: Lucerne (day trip to Bern)
Sept 1 (Sunday): back to Zurich / day trip visit to Basel
Sept 2: Zurich (Visit Rhine falls / Schaffhausen)
Sept 3: fly to Copenhagen
Sept 4 -6: 3 full days in CPH
Sept 7: Fly to Oslo or Bergen?
Sept 8: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 9: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 10 : evening flight to Stockholm (from Oslo/Bergen?)
Sept 11-14: 4 full days in Stockholm
Sept 15: fly home
1). Are the itineraries doable?
2). Do we need to rent a car in Zurich? If not, how do we get from Zurich to Lucerne and to all the other cities?
3). From Copenhagen, are we better off flying to Oslo or Bergen?
4). I read about the Norwegian Fjords tour and it can be done in 1 day. How do we do the tour? Can we do it ourselves? Do we take the train, or rent a car for this?
5). Are things (like main attractions, restaurants, shops/supermarkets) open on Sundays in Switzerland as well as in the Scandinavian?
6). In general, is the weather okay at the beginning of Sept in those countries?
Please kindly advise.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 2 1st time in ZURICH
- 3 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 4 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 5 Hotel in Vienna
- 6 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 7 Where can I learn how to purchase property in France? (for a US citizen)
- 8 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 9 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 11 French restaurants
- 12 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 13 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 16 Do not use MYIPB to ship from London
- 17 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 18 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 19 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 20 Scotland Trip
- 21 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 22 Croatia trip Planning
- 23 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 24 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 25 Planning a European Trip
Planning for Switzerland & Scandinavian travels - Please HELP