It has been a while since our last trip to Europe…
I am now looking into tickets for travelling to Switzerland & Scandinavian for the end of Aug. It will be 3 of us: me, DH and our almost 2 yrs old.
Before I actually buy the tickets, I’d like to ask the experts here if the itineraries are okay/doable…?
Aug 27: fly @ nite
Aug 28: arrive in Zurich
Aug 29: Zurich (day trip to St. Gallen).
Aug 30: to Lucerne
Aug 31: Lucerne (day trip to Bern)
Sept 1 (Sunday): back to Zurich / day trip visit to Basel
Sept 2: Zurich (Visit Rhine falls / Schaffhausen)
Sept 3: fly to Copenhagen
Sept 4 -6: 3 full days in CPH
Sept 7: Fly to Oslo or Bergen?
Sept 8: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 9: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 10 : evening flight to Stockholm (from Oslo/Bergen?)
Sept 11-14: 4 full days in Stockholm
Sept 15: fly home
1). Are the itineraries doable?
2). Do we need to rent a car in Zurich? If not, how do we get from Zurich to Lucerne and to all the other cities?
3). From Copenhagen, are we better off flying to Oslo or Bergen?
4). I read about the Norwegian Fjords tour and it can be done in 1 day. How do we do the tour? Can we do it ourselves? Do we take the train, or rent a car for this?
5). Are things (like main attractions, restaurants, shops/supermarkets) open on Sundays in Switzerland as well as in the Scandinavian?
6). In general, is the weather okay at the beginning of Sept in those countries?
Please kindly advise.
Thanks so much!
Planning for Switzerland & Scandinavian travels - Please HELP
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 7 Sicily Suggetions
- 8 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 9 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 10 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 15 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 16 7 days in Greece
- 17 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 18 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 19 London hotel
- 20 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 25 day trip to Lake Como from Milan