It has been a while since our last trip to Europe…
I am now looking into tickets for travelling to Switzerland & Scandinavian for the end of Aug. It will be 3 of us: me, DH and our almost 2 yrs old.
Before I actually buy the tickets, I’d like to ask the experts here if the itineraries are okay/doable…?
Aug 27: fly @ nite
Aug 28: arrive in Zurich
Aug 29: Zurich (day trip to St. Gallen).
Aug 30: to Lucerne
Aug 31: Lucerne (day trip to Bern)
Sept 1 (Sunday): back to Zurich / day trip visit to Basel
Sept 2: Zurich (Visit Rhine falls / Schaffhausen)
Sept 3: fly to Copenhagen
Sept 4 -6: 3 full days in CPH
Sept 7: Fly to Oslo or Bergen?
Sept 8: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 9: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 10 : evening flight to Stockholm (from Oslo/Bergen?)
Sept 11-14: 4 full days in Stockholm
Sept 15: fly home
1). Are the itineraries doable?
2). Do we need to rent a car in Zurich? If not, how do we get from Zurich to Lucerne and to all the other cities?
3). From Copenhagen, are we better off flying to Oslo or Bergen?
4). I read about the Norwegian Fjords tour and it can be done in 1 day. How do we do the tour? Can we do it ourselves? Do we take the train, or rent a car for this?
5). Are things (like main attractions, restaurants, shops/supermarkets) open on Sundays in Switzerland as well as in the Scandinavian?
6). In general, is the weather okay at the beginning of Sept in those countries?
Please kindly advise.
Thanks so much!
Planning for Switzerland & Scandinavian travels - Please HELP
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 2 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 5 Budapest hotels - Ibis Heroes or Ibis Budapest City
- 6 London sites - skipping the queue?
- 7 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 8 London 2nd time around
- 9 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 10 Edinburgh - outings?
- 11 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 12 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 13 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 14 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 15 What to wear
- 16 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 17 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 18 London Pass - Available through AAA?
- 19 Disneyland Paris transportation
- 20 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 21 7 Nights in Paris
- 22 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 23 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 24 Istanbul Itinerary
- 25 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person