It has been a while since our last trip to Europe…
I am now looking into tickets for travelling to Switzerland & Scandinavian for the end of Aug. It will be 3 of us: me, DH and our almost 2 yrs old.
Before I actually buy the tickets, I’d like to ask the experts here if the itineraries are okay/doable…?
Aug 27: fly @ nite
Aug 28: arrive in Zurich
Aug 29: Zurich (day trip to St. Gallen).
Aug 30: to Lucerne
Aug 31: Lucerne (day trip to Bern)
Sept 1 (Sunday): back to Zurich / day trip visit to Basel
Sept 2: Zurich (Visit Rhine falls / Schaffhausen)
Sept 3: fly to Copenhagen
Sept 4 -6: 3 full days in CPH
Sept 7: Fly to Oslo or Bergen?
Sept 8: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 9: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 10 : evening flight to Stockholm (from Oslo/Bergen?)
Sept 11-14: 4 full days in Stockholm
Sept 15: fly home
1). Are the itineraries doable?
2). Do we need to rent a car in Zurich? If not, how do we get from Zurich to Lucerne and to all the other cities?
3). From Copenhagen, are we better off flying to Oslo or Bergen?
4). I read about the Norwegian Fjords tour and it can be done in 1 day. How do we do the tour? Can we do it ourselves? Do we take the train, or rent a car for this?
5). Are things (like main attractions, restaurants, shops/supermarkets) open on Sundays in Switzerland as well as in the Scandinavian?
6). In general, is the weather okay at the beginning of Sept in those countries?
Please kindly advise.
Thanks so much!
Planning for Switzerland & Scandinavian travels - Please HELP
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 3 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 4 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 5 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 He said , she said
- 14 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 15 Munich with a car?
- 16 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 19 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!