It has been a while since our last trip to Europe…
I am now looking into tickets for travelling to Switzerland & Scandinavian for the end of Aug. It will be 3 of us: me, DH and our almost 2 yrs old.
Before I actually buy the tickets, I’d like to ask the experts here if the itineraries are okay/doable…?
Aug 27: fly @ nite
Aug 28: arrive in Zurich
Aug 29: Zurich (day trip to St. Gallen).
Aug 30: to Lucerne
Aug 31: Lucerne (day trip to Bern)
Sept 1 (Sunday): back to Zurich / day trip visit to Basel
Sept 2: Zurich (Visit Rhine falls / Schaffhausen)
Sept 3: fly to Copenhagen
Sept 4 -6: 3 full days in CPH
Sept 7: Fly to Oslo or Bergen?
Sept 8: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 9: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 10 : evening flight to Stockholm (from Oslo/Bergen?)
Sept 11-14: 4 full days in Stockholm
Sept 15: fly home
1). Are the itineraries doable?
2). Do we need to rent a car in Zurich? If not, how do we get from Zurich to Lucerne and to all the other cities?
3). From Copenhagen, are we better off flying to Oslo or Bergen?
4). I read about the Norwegian Fjords tour and it can be done in 1 day. How do we do the tour? Can we do it ourselves? Do we take the train, or rent a car for this?
5). Are things (like main attractions, restaurants, shops/supermarkets) open on Sundays in Switzerland as well as in the Scandinavian?
6). In general, is the weather okay at the beginning of Sept in those countries?
Please kindly advise.
Thanks so much!
Planning for Switzerland & Scandinavian travels - Please HELP
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 2 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 3 Rail tickets
- 4 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 5 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 6 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 7 bath or york
- 8 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 9 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 10 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 11 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 12 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 13 Hotel in Venice
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 18 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 19 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 20 Paris to Rome
- 21 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 22 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 23 London tube
- 24 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 25 Owners Direct Rentals?