It has been a while since our last trip to Europe…
I am now looking into tickets for travelling to Switzerland & Scandinavian for the end of Aug. It will be 3 of us: me, DH and our almost 2 yrs old.
Before I actually buy the tickets, I’d like to ask the experts here if the itineraries are okay/doable…?
Aug 27: fly @ nite
Aug 28: arrive in Zurich
Aug 29: Zurich (day trip to St. Gallen).
Aug 30: to Lucerne
Aug 31: Lucerne (day trip to Bern)
Sept 1 (Sunday): back to Zurich / day trip visit to Basel
Sept 2: Zurich (Visit Rhine falls / Schaffhausen)
Sept 3: fly to Copenhagen
Sept 4 -6: 3 full days in CPH
Sept 7: Fly to Oslo or Bergen?
Sept 8: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 9: Oslo / Bergen
Sept 10 : evening flight to Stockholm (from Oslo/Bergen?)
Sept 11-14: 4 full days in Stockholm
Sept 15: fly home
1). Are the itineraries doable?
2). Do we need to rent a car in Zurich? If not, how do we get from Zurich to Lucerne and to all the other cities?
3). From Copenhagen, are we better off flying to Oslo or Bergen?
4). I read about the Norwegian Fjords tour and it can be done in 1 day. How do we do the tour? Can we do it ourselves? Do we take the train, or rent a car for this?
5). Are things (like main attractions, restaurants, shops/supermarkets) open on Sundays in Switzerland as well as in the Scandinavian?
6). In general, is the weather okay at the beginning of Sept in those countries?
Please kindly advise.
Thanks so much!
Planning for Switzerland & Scandinavian travels - Please HELP
- 1 7 days in Andalucia
- 2 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 3 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 4 Planning a holiday
- 5 London at Easter
- 6 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 9 Traveling within Italy
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 12 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 13 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 14 Madrid to Sevilla
- 15 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 16 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 17 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport
- 20 Venice - canoeing / kayaking
- 21 Family European winter holiday
- 22 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 23 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 FRA airport: How big is "big"?