Once again I need help from fellow travelers. I will be driving from Turin to Lavanto at the end of September, and would like to map the route to experience Piedmont region. I know it is a long drive; little over 2 hrs. non-stop.
From my research I would like to stop at the following spots: Cherasco (snails), Langhe, Alba, Neive, Nizza Montferrato, Acqui Terme. This route non-stop is 4 hrs, 40 min. We do plan on leaving early from Turin and arriving late to Levanto.
Please help with figuring out where it is worth stop and where it is not. I would like to experience food, wine (DH is driving), quaint towns, castles and of course markets.
Thank you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 6 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Trip suggestion
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 12 Back from Paris
- 13 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 14 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 15 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 16 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 19 International Flight Question
- 20 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 21 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 22 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 23 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 24 Luggage Storage
- 25 LIsbon