We were recently in Luca Italy and while strolling along a pedestrian street my husband was approached by a young man wanting him to sign a petition against drugs. My husband, being quite the agreeable guy, was getting ready to sign the petition when I came up and grabbed his elbow and said - "its a scam" - but I couldn't remember how this deal goes down. My husband thought I was being paranoid, but wasn't there something on this board about these petitions? I did scan the crowd to see if there was a tricky partner waiting to lift his wallet while he signed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 2 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 3 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 4 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 5 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 6 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 7 Cell phones in Ireland
- 8 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 11 Touring Dover Castle
- 12 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 15 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 7 Nights in Paris
- 18 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 19 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 20 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 21 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 22 3 weeks in Europe
- 23 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 24 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 25 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice