I am a (confused) US citizen who will be traveling from London to Amsterdam on the Eurostar, and I am wondering how passport stamps are handled. We will be taking Eurostar which goes through France, with a change of trains in Brussels, arriving at Amsterdam's Central Station. I realize that the EU is basically borderless, and since we are just transferring through France and Belgium, it probably isn't an issue. But surely a US passport has to be stamped, at least for the Netherlands? And would we be free to walk around in Brussels since we have a two hour layover between trains? Any advice/help is greatly coveted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland
- 2 Killarney
- 3 Italian car factory tours
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 8 Prague itinerary advice
- 9 Self drive tour companies
- 10 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 11 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 12 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 13 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 14 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 17 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 18 10 day Italy
- 19 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 20 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 21 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France, UK and Ireland
- 25 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?