I am a (confused) US citizen who will be traveling from London to Amsterdam on the Eurostar, and I am wondering how passport stamps are handled. We will be taking Eurostar which goes through France, with a change of trains in Brussels, arriving at Amsterdam's Central Station. I realize that the EU is basically borderless, and since we are just transferring through France and Belgium, it probably isn't an issue. But surely a US passport has to be stamped, at least for the Netherlands? And would we be free to walk around in Brussels since we have a two hour layover between trains? Any advice/help is greatly coveted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 2 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 3 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 4 Ali
- 5 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 6 Drinks in Spain
- 7 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 8 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 9 Gelato course in Rome?
- 10 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 11 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 12 Too much for one day?
- 13 Travel WiFi - France
- 14 Norfolk base
- 15 Lipari to Capri??
- 16 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 17 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 18 Iceland Trip report
- 19 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 20 12 days europe
- 21 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 RFID Protection
- 24 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 25 Glasgow and surrounding area help