I am a (confused) US citizen who will be traveling from London to Amsterdam on the Eurostar, and I am wondering how passport stamps are handled. We will be taking Eurostar which goes through France, with a change of trains in Brussels, arriving at Amsterdam's Central Station. I realize that the EU is basically borderless, and since we are just transferring through France and Belgium, it probably isn't an issue. But surely a US passport has to be stamped, at least for the Netherlands? And would we be free to walk around in Brussels since we have a two hour layover between trains? Any advice/help is greatly coveted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please critique my itinerary
- 2 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 3 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 Need advice to plan a trip for graduation gift
- 6 What's your favorite indoor passage In Paris?
- 7 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 8 Planning Europe itinerary
- 9 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 10 London Pass or No?
- 11 8 day trip from Denmark to Austria and Switzerland
- 12 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 13 Ireland with teen daughter
- 14 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 15 First time in Greece
- 16 2 Days in Bologna
- 17 Freiburg to Zell am See
- 18 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 19 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 20 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 21 3 days in Amsterdam, arriving on King's Day - Need advice
- 22 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 23 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 24 One day Ephesus tour Company
- 25 Itinerary help needed for month in France.