I am a (confused) US citizen who will be traveling from London to Amsterdam on the Eurostar, and I am wondering how passport stamps are handled. We will be taking Eurostar which goes through France, with a change of trains in Brussels, arriving at Amsterdam's Central Station. I realize that the EU is basically borderless, and since we are just transferring through France and Belgium, it probably isn't an issue. But surely a US passport has to be stamped, at least for the Netherlands? And would we be free to walk around in Brussels since we have a two hour layover between trains? Any advice/help is greatly coveted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 4 Driving in Italy?
- 5 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 6 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 7 Croatia trip Planning
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 So much to do, so little time!
- 11 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 12 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 16 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 17 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 18 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 19 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 20 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 21 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 22 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 23 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)