I am a (confused) US citizen who will be traveling from London to Amsterdam on the Eurostar, and I am wondering how passport stamps are handled. We will be taking Eurostar which goes through France, with a change of trains in Brussels, arriving at Amsterdam's Central Station. I realize that the EU is basically borderless, and since we are just transferring through France and Belgium, it probably isn't an issue. But surely a US passport has to be stamped, at least for the Netherlands? And would we be free to walk around in Brussels since we have a two hour layover between trains? Any advice/help is greatly coveted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 2 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 3 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 4 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 5 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area
- 6 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 7 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 8 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 9 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 10 Meteora for older folk
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 13 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 14 Athens
- 15 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 16 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 17 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Spain in July
- 21 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 22 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 23 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 24 Train help for Prague
- 25 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary