I am a (confused) US citizen who will be traveling from London to Amsterdam on the Eurostar, and I am wondering how passport stamps are handled. We will be taking Eurostar which goes through France, with a change of trains in Brussels, arriving at Amsterdam's Central Station. I realize that the EU is basically borderless, and since we are just transferring through France and Belgium, it probably isn't an issue. But surely a US passport has to be stamped, at least for the Netherlands? And would we be free to walk around in Brussels since we have a two hour layover between trains? Any advice/help is greatly coveted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber vs. TfL
- 2 What fresh hell is this?
- 3 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 4 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 6 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Berlin
- 10 Bordeaux to Nice
- 11 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 SE ITALY
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 17 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 21 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 25 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)