I am a (confused) US citizen who will be traveling from London to Amsterdam on the Eurostar, and I am wondering how passport stamps are handled. We will be taking Eurostar which goes through France, with a change of trains in Brussels, arriving at Amsterdam's Central Station. I realize that the EU is basically borderless, and since we are just transferring through France and Belgium, it probably isn't an issue. But surely a US passport has to be stamped, at least for the Netherlands? And would we be free to walk around in Brussels since we have a two hour layover between trains? Any advice/help is greatly coveted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 2 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 3 Rome, Florence, Venice, How many nights in each city?
- 4 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 5 Brussels Airport
- 6 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 7 planning confusion
- 8 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 9 What clothes?
- 10 Classical Performance St Petersburg and Moscow in August
- 11 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 12 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 13 Train Question
- 14 It claims to be prepared to be prepared
- 15 10 nights in France
- 16 #!1-800.841,6436&())_)
- 17 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 18 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 19 GPS vs Google Maps
- 20 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 21 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 22 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 23 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 24 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 25 Questions about Italy again