I am a (confused) US citizen who will be traveling from London to Amsterdam on the Eurostar, and I am wondering how passport stamps are handled. We will be taking Eurostar which goes through France, with a change of trains in Brussels, arriving at Amsterdam's Central Station. I realize that the EU is basically borderless, and since we are just transferring through France and Belgium, it probably isn't an issue. But surely a US passport has to be stamped, at least for the Netherlands? And would we be free to walk around in Brussels since we have a two hour layover between trains? Any advice/help is greatly coveted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Use of Train Tickets
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 5 First Trip to Paris
- 6 Train travel to and from Paris
- 7 Andalucia Spain
- 8 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 9 Amsterdam and...?
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 13 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 14 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 15 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 16 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 17 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 18 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 19 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 20 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 21 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 22 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 23 Driving in Italy
- 24 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 25 US foods not available in the UK