I've read so many conflicting stories on the best method of travel between Paris and Florence. One option is to take the train, the other to fly to Pisa. Just trying to ascertain whether the train is a good option as it is more expensive and takes longer.
For context, this is a trip my parents are taking. They're not in a rush (they're spending five weeks between England, France and Italy). Additionally, Dad really enjoys trains (they're taking the Eurostar and the TGV from Provence to Paris at another point in the trip, and will be training around Italy too).
At this point the train will be via Turin or Milan.
Can anyone confirm that the trip is reasonably pleasant? It might not obviously be the most scenic journey you'll ever experience, but that it is actually quite a nice way to travel?
Are there any compelling reasons (aside from cost, time) to take the plane over the train?
Really appreciate your insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 2 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 3 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 4 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 5 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 6 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 7 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 8 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 9 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 10 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 11 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 12 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 13 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 14 Amsterdam in August
- 15 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 16 Access from Normandy American Cemetery to Beach No Longer Accessible
- 17 Seville Itinerary
- 18 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 19 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 20 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
- 21 First timers to Italy
- 22 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 23 Spello v. Spoleto as base for Umbria
- 24 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
- 25 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin