I've read so many conflicting stories on the best method of travel between Paris and Florence. One option is to take the train, the other to fly to Pisa. Just trying to ascertain whether the train is a good option as it is more expensive and takes longer.
For context, this is a trip my parents are taking. They're not in a rush (they're spending five weeks between England, France and Italy). Additionally, Dad really enjoys trains (they're taking the Eurostar and the TGV from Provence to Paris at another point in the trip, and will be training around Italy too).
At this point the train will be via Turin or Milan.
Can anyone confirm that the trip is reasonably pleasant? It might not obviously be the most scenic journey you'll ever experience, but that it is actually quite a nice way to travel?
Are there any compelling reasons (aside from cost, time) to take the plane over the train?
Really appreciate your insights.
Paris to Florence by train (during the day)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 2 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 3 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 4 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 5 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 6 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 7 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 8 Taormina Sicily
- 9 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 10 Portugal in January
- 11 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 12 choosing seats at La Scala
- 13 Please help! 3weeks Europe Holiday Itinerary holiday
- 14 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 15 Day trips from Lisbon
- 16 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 17 Paris and where else?
- 18 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 22 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 23 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 24 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 25 Trip report of our visit to Rioja