I've read so many conflicting stories on the best method of travel between Paris and Florence. One option is to take the train, the other to fly to Pisa. Just trying to ascertain whether the train is a good option as it is more expensive and takes longer.
For context, this is a trip my parents are taking. They're not in a rush (they're spending five weeks between England, France and Italy). Additionally, Dad really enjoys trains (they're taking the Eurostar and the TGV from Provence to Paris at another point in the trip, and will be training around Italy too).
At this point the train will be via Turin or Milan.
Can anyone confirm that the trip is reasonably pleasant? It might not obviously be the most scenic journey you'll ever experience, but that it is actually quite a nice way to travel?
Are there any compelling reasons (aside from cost, time) to take the plane over the train?
Really appreciate your insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 2 Swiss Pass upgrade for a route
- 3 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 4 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 5 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 6 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 7 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 10 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 11 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 12 Cordoba or Granada?
- 13 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 14 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 15 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 16 Geneva to Munich
- 17 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 18 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 19 Dachstien Ice Caves
- 20 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 21 Iceland itinerary help
- 22 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 23 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 24 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 25 Hertz Never Lost