I've read so many conflicting stories on the best method of travel between Paris and Florence. One option is to take the train, the other to fly to Pisa. Just trying to ascertain whether the train is a good option as it is more expensive and takes longer.
For context, this is a trip my parents are taking. They're not in a rush (they're spending five weeks between England, France and Italy). Additionally, Dad really enjoys trains (they're taking the Eurostar and the TGV from Provence to Paris at another point in the trip, and will be training around Italy too).
At this point the train will be via Turin or Milan.
Can anyone confirm that the trip is reasonably pleasant? It might not obviously be the most scenic journey you'll ever experience, but that it is actually quite a nice way to travel?
Are there any compelling reasons (aside from cost, time) to take the plane over the train?
Really appreciate your insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 6 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 7 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 8 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 Europe itinerary help!
- 12 Shorts in South of France?
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Les Invalides Night Show
- 16 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 17 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 18 Best Greek Island
- 19 Which Day?
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 22 Corsica and Sardinia
- 23 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 24 Regarding Residence Permit
- 25 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION