I've read so many conflicting stories on the best method of travel between Paris and Florence. One option is to take the train, the other to fly to Pisa. Just trying to ascertain whether the train is a good option as it is more expensive and takes longer.
For context, this is a trip my parents are taking. They're not in a rush (they're spending five weeks between England, France and Italy). Additionally, Dad really enjoys trains (they're taking the Eurostar and the TGV from Provence to Paris at another point in the trip, and will be training around Italy too).
At this point the train will be via Turin or Milan.
Can anyone confirm that the trip is reasonably pleasant? It might not obviously be the most scenic journey you'll ever experience, but that it is actually quite a nice way to travel?
Are there any compelling reasons (aside from cost, time) to take the plane over the train?
Really appreciate your insights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 3 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 5 So much to do, so little time!
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 8 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 9 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 10 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 11 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 12 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 13 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 14 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 15 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 18 House Hunting in France
- 19 English Countryside
- 20 Tour of Northern Italy
- 21 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 22 Cognac transportation?
- 23 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 24 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 25 Manchester Airport Connection Time