I am thinking about a itinerary from Paris to Barcelona, my preferences are the loire valley and carcassonne.
For convenience, as we are travelling with a lot of baby luggage, I thought I could hire a car in Paris (Day 7) and drop it off in Carcassonne (day 11) but I realised that it´d be very tiring to do that in 5 five days
So, now I am thinking about cities that have direct trains connections. From Loire there are trains to Bordeaux, Toulouse, Montpelier or Avignon. I liked Avignon very much, is 3 nights enough for Avignon and a daytrip to Carcassonne?
Day 1 Eurostar to Brugge
Days 2-3 Brugge (daytrips to Guent/Antwerp)
Day 4 Thallys to Paris (stopover Brussels)
Day 5-6 Paris
Day 7 Tgv to Tours
Day 8 Tours (daytrips to Chambord, Amboise, Chenonceau, Villandry)
Day 9 Tgv to Avignon
Day 10-11 Avignon (daytrip to CARCASSONNE)
Day 12 Tgv to Barcelona
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living