I am thinking about a itinerary from Paris to Barcelona, my preferences are the loire valley and carcassonne.
For convenience, as we are travelling with a lot of baby luggage, I thought I could hire a car in Paris (Day 7) and drop it off in Carcassonne (day 11) but I realised that it´d be very tiring to do that in 5 five days
So, now I am thinking about cities that have direct trains connections. From Loire there are trains to Bordeaux, Toulouse, Montpelier or Avignon. I liked Avignon very much, is 3 nights enough for Avignon and a daytrip to Carcassonne?
Day 1 Eurostar to Brugge
Days 2-3 Brugge (daytrips to Guent/Antwerp)
Day 4 Thallys to Paris (stopover Brussels)
Day 5-6 Paris
Day 7 Tgv to Tours
Day 8 Tours (daytrips to Chambord, Amboise, Chenonceau, Villandry)
Day 9 Tgv to Avignon
Day 10-11 Avignon (daytrip to CARCASSONNE)
Day 12 Tgv to Barcelona
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 2 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 London is it worth it?
- 5 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 6 Montserrat Express
- 7 London in Winter Report
- 8 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 9 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 10 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 11 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 12 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 13 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 14 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 15 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 16 International drivers permit
- 17 Places to stop/stay?
- 18 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 19 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 20 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 21 ATM help
- 22 Stockholm 5.5 days
- 23 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 24 Visit to Sardinia
- 25 Car Rentals in Ireland