I am thinking about a itinerary from Paris to Barcelona, my preferences are the loire valley and carcassonne.
For convenience, as we are travelling with a lot of baby luggage, I thought I could hire a car in Paris (Day 7) and drop it off in Carcassonne (day 11) but I realised that it´d be very tiring to do that in 5 five days
So, now I am thinking about cities that have direct trains connections. From Loire there are trains to Bordeaux, Toulouse, Montpelier or Avignon. I liked Avignon very much, is 3 nights enough for Avignon and a daytrip to Carcassonne?
Day 1 Eurostar to Brugge
Days 2-3 Brugge (daytrips to Guent/Antwerp)
Day 4 Thallys to Paris (stopover Brussels)
Day 5-6 Paris
Day 7 Tgv to Tours
Day 8 Tours (daytrips to Chambord, Amboise, Chenonceau, Villandry)
Day 9 Tgv to Avignon
Day 10-11 Avignon (daytrip to CARCASSONNE)
Day 12 Tgv to Barcelona
Thank you very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 2 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 3 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 8 Praiano
- 9 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 10 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 11 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 12 Chamonix to Paris
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Rome-Itinerary
- 15 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 16 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 17 Scotland and London 21 days
- 18 Rome to venice
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 21 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 22 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 23 Ireland itinerary help please
- 24 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 25 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona