Our Irish Adventure
Everyone has a dream. My dream was when the kids are grown-we travel. This year we decided to travel to Ireland. I had started reading the forums to see what questions were being asked and asked some of my own . I had booked our flights last November and I made reservations for B&B's and our car rental after we decided what areas we wanted to see.
I never sleep well the night before a trip. It seems like there are a million things to do. Making the list for our dog sitters, packing and I always like to leave the house clean before we leave.
Our flight was departing at 8am on. May 15th. That means an early wake up as we live far from the airport. We flew from Sacramento to D.C. flight was on time and no problems. Our flight from D.C. to London was delayed due to weather so we sat at the gate for two hours. Good thing we had a long layover in London. We got into London and then to Shannon, Ireland at 11am on the 16th.
We made our way to the Dan Dooley counter and then a shuttle took us to their office to pick up our car. Really easy and the staff were very nice. Our car was a small Nissan Micro. Loaded up and ready to go! Unfortunately the car had a very loud rear end noise and after about 15 minutes of driving, we returned to the airport to trade cars. Oh well...good practice driving and the rental people switched our car in a jiffy. We were ready to go again.
Next up Blarney.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 3 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 4 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 5 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 6 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 7 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 8 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 9 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 12 38 Days in Paris
- 13 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 14 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 15 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 16 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 17 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 18 How the kids age calculated
- 19 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 22 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 23 Beaune France
- 24 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 25 Firt time VISA applicant
Our Irish Adventure