Our Irish Adventure
Everyone has a dream. My dream was when the kids are grown-we travel. This year we decided to travel to Ireland. I had started reading the forums to see what questions were being asked and asked some of my own . I had booked our flights last November and I made reservations for B&B's and our car rental after we decided what areas we wanted to see.
I never sleep well the night before a trip. It seems like there are a million things to do. Making the list for our dog sitters, packing and I always like to leave the house clean before we leave.
Our flight was departing at 8am on. May 15th. That means an early wake up as we live far from the airport. We flew from Sacramento to D.C. flight was on time and no problems. Our flight from D.C. to London was delayed due to weather so we sat at the gate for two hours. Good thing we had a long layover in London. We got into London and then to Shannon, Ireland at 11am on the 16th.
We made our way to the Dan Dooley counter and then a shuttle took us to their office to pick up our car. Really easy and the staff were very nice. Our car was a small Nissan Micro. Loaded up and ready to go! Unfortunately the car had a very loud rear end noise and after about 15 minutes of driving, we returned to the airport to trade cars. Oh well...good practice driving and the rental people switched our car in a jiffy. We were ready to go again.
Next up Blarney.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Wales’s summer tour warm-up
- 2 Barcelona on budget
- 3 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 4 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 5 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 6 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 7 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 8 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 9 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 10 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 11 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 12 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 13 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 14 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 15 New Dublin Museum
- 16 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 17 German Train travel
- 18 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 19 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 20 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 21 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 22 Uber in Poland and Germany
- 23 Northern Italian Food
- 24 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 25 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
Our Irish Adventure