Our Irish Adventure
Everyone has a dream. My dream was when the kids are grown-we travel. This year we decided to travel to Ireland. I had started reading the forums to see what questions were being asked and asked some of my own . I had booked our flights last November and I made reservations for B&B's and our car rental after we decided what areas we wanted to see.
I never sleep well the night before a trip. It seems like there are a million things to do. Making the list for our dog sitters, packing and I always like to leave the house clean before we leave.
Our flight was departing at 8am on. May 15th. That means an early wake up as we live far from the airport. We flew from Sacramento to D.C. flight was on time and no problems. Our flight from D.C. to London was delayed due to weather so we sat at the gate for two hours. Good thing we had a long layover in London. We got into London and then to Shannon, Ireland at 11am on the 16th.
We made our way to the Dan Dooley counter and then a shuttle took us to their office to pick up our car. Really easy and the staff were very nice. Our car was a small Nissan Micro. Loaded up and ready to go! Unfortunately the car had a very loud rear end noise and after about 15 minutes of driving, we returned to the airport to trade cars. Oh well...good practice driving and the rental people switched our car in a jiffy. We were ready to go again.
Next up Blarney.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 2 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 3 Another tipping question: concierges
- 4 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 5 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 8 Acropolis Athens
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 11 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 14 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 15 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 16 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 17 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 18 Trip Ideas
- 19 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 20 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 21 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
Our Irish Adventure