Our Irish Adventure
Everyone has a dream. My dream was when the kids are grown-we travel. This year we decided to travel to Ireland. I had started reading the forums to see what questions were being asked and asked some of my own . I had booked our flights last November and I made reservations for B&B's and our car rental after we decided what areas we wanted to see.
I never sleep well the night before a trip. It seems like there are a million things to do. Making the list for our dog sitters, packing and I always like to leave the house clean before we leave.
Our flight was departing at 8am on. May 15th. That means an early wake up as we live far from the airport. We flew from Sacramento to D.C. flight was on time and no problems. Our flight from D.C. to London was delayed due to weather so we sat at the gate for two hours. Good thing we had a long layover in London. We got into London and then to Shannon, Ireland at 11am on the 16th.
We made our way to the Dan Dooley counter and then a shuttle took us to their office to pick up our car. Really easy and the staff were very nice. Our car was a small Nissan Micro. Loaded up and ready to go! Unfortunately the car had a very loud rear end noise and after about 15 minutes of driving, we returned to the airport to trade cars. Oh well...good practice driving and the rental people switched our car in a jiffy. We were ready to go again.
Next up Blarney.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 2 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 3 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 4 My 60th birthday surprises
- 5 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 6 Spain car rental questions
- 7 Verona or Athens?
- 8 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 9 Help with first time trip with family
- 10 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 11 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 12 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 13 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 14 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 15 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 16 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 17 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 18 European Cooking Secrets
- 19 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 20 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 21 RHK's Fall escape
- 22 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 23 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 24 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 25 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
Our Irish Adventure