We're flying to Oslo March 26 for five days, then to Kirkenes to board the southbound Hurtigruten ship to Bergen. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with. Do we need some type of snow boot? I'm not crazy about our Sorrels - heavy and hard to walk in since my husband has had back surgery and I'm 70. I've wanted to take the dog sled trip out of Tromso but heard it's hard on the back. Opinions? What about the day trip to the Lofeten (sp?) Islands. I've heard it's very picturesque. We'll be in Bergen for two days, and I've heard there's a Viking village outside of town . Is it worth the time? Thank you all for your input.
Norway on Hurtigruten
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 2 Munich
- 3 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 4 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 5 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 6 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 7 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 8 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 9 Munich with a car?
- 10 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 11 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 15 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 16 Itinerary Help!
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 19 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 He said , she said
- 22 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 23 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 24 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 25 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites