We're flying to Oslo March 26 for five days, then to Kirkenes to board the southbound Hurtigruten ship to Bergen. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with. Do we need some type of snow boot? I'm not crazy about our Sorrels - heavy and hard to walk in since my husband has had back surgery and I'm 70. I've wanted to take the dog sled trip out of Tromso but heard it's hard on the back. Opinions? What about the day trip to the Lofeten (sp?) Islands. I've heard it's very picturesque. We'll be in Bergen for two days, and I've heard there's a Viking village outside of town . Is it worth the time? Thank you all for your input.
Norway on Hurtigruten
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 2 7 Nights in Paris
- 3 Airport to Piraeus
- 4 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 5 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 6 Day trips from Seville
- 7 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 8 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 9 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 10 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 11 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 12 What time does Left-Luggage lockers open at Gare Du Nord??
- 13 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 14 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 15 Paris - Cochem - Cologne - Paris
- 16 Crete or Mallorca? Where to go?
- 17 Experiences with spanish tour operator Iberica Travel?
- 18 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 19 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 20 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 21 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 22 Riga 2014
- 23 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 24 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 25 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?