We're flying to Oslo March 26 for five days, then to Kirkenes to board the southbound Hurtigruten ship to Bergen. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with. Do we need some type of snow boot? I'm not crazy about our Sorrels - heavy and hard to walk in since my husband has had back surgery and I'm 70. I've wanted to take the dog sled trip out of Tromso but heard it's hard on the back. Opinions? What about the day trip to the Lofeten (sp?) Islands. I've heard it's very picturesque. We'll be in Bergen for two days, and I've heard there's a Viking village outside of town . Is it worth the time? Thank you all for your input.
Norway on Hurtigruten
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cruise the River Shannon
- 2 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 3 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 4 Food tours in Rome?
- 5 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 6 Rome Food Tour
- 7 trip to norway
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 Ireland or Scotland
- 10 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 11 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 12 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 13 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 14 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 15 Italy and Croatia
- 16 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 17 Help with England/Wales tour
- 18 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 19 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 20 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 21 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 22 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 23 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 24 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 25 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015