We're flying to Oslo March 26 for five days, then to Kirkenes to board the southbound Hurtigruten ship to Bergen. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with. Do we need some type of snow boot? I'm not crazy about our Sorrels - heavy and hard to walk in since my husband has had back surgery and I'm 70. I've wanted to take the dog sled trip out of Tromso but heard it's hard on the back. Opinions? What about the day trip to the Lofeten (sp?) Islands. I've heard it's very picturesque. We'll be in Bergen for two days, and I've heard there's a Viking village outside of town . Is it worth the time? Thank you all for your input.
Norway on Hurtigruten
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 2 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 3 Chip but no PIN
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 6 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 7 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 8 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 11 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Unique Venice Activity
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 16 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 17 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 18 car rental advice in Portugal
- 19 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 20 What to wear
- 21 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 22 Small group for Colosseum
- 23 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 24 Lofoten ferry
- 25 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!