We're flying to Oslo March 26 for five days, then to Kirkenes to board the southbound Hurtigruten ship to Bergen. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with. Do we need some type of snow boot? I'm not crazy about our Sorrels - heavy and hard to walk in since my husband has had back surgery and I'm 70. I've wanted to take the dog sled trip out of Tromso but heard it's hard on the back. Opinions? What about the day trip to the Lofeten (sp?) Islands. I've heard it's very picturesque. We'll be in Bergen for two days, and I've heard there's a Viking village outside of town . Is it worth the time? Thank you all for your input.
Norway on Hurtigruten
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 2 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 3 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 4 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 5 Renting an apt.
- 6 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 7 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 8 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 9 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 10 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 11 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 12 Amalfi coast in May
- 13 Paris winter sales
- 14 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 15 Car rental in Central/Eastern Europe
- 16 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 19 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 20 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 21 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 22 Open Jaw Ticket...NYC-LHR;FCO-NYC Cost
- 23 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 24 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 25 Greece after the Vote