We're flying to Oslo March 26 for five days, then to Kirkenes to board the southbound Hurtigruten ship to Bergen. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with. Do we need some type of snow boot? I'm not crazy about our Sorrels - heavy and hard to walk in since my husband has had back surgery and I'm 70. I've wanted to take the dog sled trip out of Tromso but heard it's hard on the back. Opinions? What about the day trip to the Lofeten (sp?) Islands. I've heard it's very picturesque. We'll be in Bergen for two days, and I've heard there's a Viking village outside of town . Is it worth the time? Thank you all for your input.
Norway on Hurtigruten
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 2 Naxos in May
- 3 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 4 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 5 Trains in Europe
- 6 Scuol, Switzerland
- 7 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 10 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 11 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 12 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 13 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 14 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 15 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 16 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 17 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 18 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 19 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 20 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 21 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 22 Paris and where else?
- 23 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 24 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 25 Eleanor's Pages