We're flying to Oslo March 26 for five days, then to Kirkenes to board the southbound Hurtigruten ship to Bergen. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with. Do we need some type of snow boot? I'm not crazy about our Sorrels - heavy and hard to walk in since my husband has had back surgery and I'm 70. I've wanted to take the dog sled trip out of Tromso but heard it's hard on the back. Opinions? What about the day trip to the Lofeten (sp?) Islands. I've heard it's very picturesque. We'll be in Bergen for two days, and I've heard there's a Viking village outside of town . Is it worth the time? Thank you all for your input.
Norway on Hurtigruten
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 4 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 5 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 6 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 7 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 8 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 9 hotels in Seville
- 10 Sicily Suggetions
- 11 car rental companies Italy
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 14 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 15 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 16 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 17 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 18 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 19 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 20 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 21 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 22 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 23 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 24 Paris in April?
- 25 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!