I am new to fodors and really hoping for some great trip ideas and advice. My husband and I both in our 30's, have started trying to conceive which will be our first child so we are looking to plan unfortunately a "quick" trip due to work schedules. I am a school teacher and will be on holiday break and my husband will be starting a new job after the new year. SO, between trying to conceive and job schedules, timing is not ideal, but we figured we would rather plan a trip and enjoy it rather than not go at all. The time we have available is Dec 27th-Jan4th.
This is where I will REALLY need some help. We have both traveled to London and the southern part of Italy. I have been to Scotland as well. Of course all these visits were done during warmer temperatures which we prefer, but again we have to make the best out of the time we have available. Are there any countries in Europe that are still mild in temperature in December? Or are there any that are MUST SEE during this holiday time? We love the history that Europe has, however we do not like to spend all our time walking around museums. We love the romantic atmosphere, sightseeing during the day, castles, festivals, people watching, soaking in the culture, taking strolls, We fell in love with Italy and I know will be making many visits and still have to explore the northern parts.
Im really just looking for some info and any advice you can all give about traveling to Europe at this time. Which countries may have a more mild climate at this time? Are there any festivals that are a must see? With such a short time to visit, which country should we concentrate on? Thank you so much! Looking forward to hearing your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) Microsoft Office 365 Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 office24*7
- 2 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 5 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 6 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 7 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 8 Bordeaux to Moscow
- 9 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 10 Moscow Favorites
- 11 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 12 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 13 Airport Transit Visa
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 15 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 16 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 17 Italian lake cruise
- 18 Paris advice with kids
- 19 First visit to London
- 20 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 21 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 22 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 23 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 24 Travelling Iceland
- 25 Tuscany Itinerary
New to Fodors! Where to vacation in December/Jan in Europe?