I am planning to go to a solo trip (or at max 1 companion) to italy in Early May 2014. I plan to go for 10-12 days and plan to fly into Venice and fly out from Rome or Naples. I am passionate about art and history and I also admire the nature. I am confused as to how I should distribute my days and whether I should reduce the number of days in my trip or not. The places that I would like to see are Venice , Florence(including Pisa), Rome and Pompeii(with Mt Vesuvius).
My rough plan of distributing my time are as follows :
Venice : 3 nights (2.5 days as flight lands 13:40 )
Florence : 3 nights (2 days Florence + 1 Day Trip to Pisa)
Rome : 4 Nights.
Naples : 1 night (Spend the day in Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius and Sleep in Naples and Board flight back home next afternoon from Naples)
Please comment on my itinerary and give me your valuable suggestions as to how I can further improve it. Also please let me know if there is a possibility to cut down time at any of these places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 2 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 3 European Cooking Secrets
- 4 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 5 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 6 Fodor's Survey
- 7 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 8 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 Barcelona question
- 11 Azores, Canary Islands, Mallorca, or Hawaii for August Honeymoon
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 14 My 60th birthday surprises
- 15 20 Days in Europe
- 16 4 days in switzerland
- 17 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 18 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 19 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 20 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 21 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 22 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 23 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 24 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 25 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
Need help with itinerary to Italy for solo trip of 10-12 days