I am planning to go to a solo trip (or at max 1 companion) to italy in Early May 2014. I plan to go for 10-12 days and plan to fly into Venice and fly out from Rome or Naples. I am passionate about art and history and I also admire the nature. I am confused as to how I should distribute my days and whether I should reduce the number of days in my trip or not. The places that I would like to see are Venice , Florence(including Pisa), Rome and Pompeii(with Mt Vesuvius).
My rough plan of distributing my time are as follows :
Venice : 3 nights (2.5 days as flight lands 13:40 )
Florence : 3 nights (2 days Florence + 1 Day Trip to Pisa)
Rome : 4 Nights.
Naples : 1 night (Spend the day in Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius and Sleep in Naples and Board flight back home next afternoon from Naples)
Please comment on my itinerary and give me your valuable suggestions as to how I can further improve it. Also please let me know if there is a possibility to cut down time at any of these places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 2 Malta: baby food?
- 3 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 4 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 5 Shopping in Paris
- 6 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 7 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 8 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 9 2 London theatre recommendations
- 10 spanish winery region(s)
- 11 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 12 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 13 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 14 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 15 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 16 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 17 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 18 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 19 December in Deutschland
- 20 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 21 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 22 cash or plastic in Greece
- 23 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 24 Rome and Venice in December
- 25 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
Need help with itinerary to Italy for solo trip of 10-12 days