I am planning to go to a solo trip (or at max 1 companion) to italy in Early May 2014. I plan to go for 10-12 days and plan to fly into Venice and fly out from Rome or Naples. I am passionate about art and history and I also admire the nature. I am confused as to how I should distribute my days and whether I should reduce the number of days in my trip or not. The places that I would like to see are Venice , Florence(including Pisa), Rome and Pompeii(with Mt Vesuvius).
My rough plan of distributing my time are as follows :
Venice : 3 nights (2.5 days as flight lands 13:40 )
Florence : 3 nights (2 days Florence + 1 Day Trip to Pisa)
Rome : 4 Nights.
Naples : 1 night (Spend the day in Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius and Sleep in Naples and Board flight back home next afternoon from Naples)
Please comment on my itinerary and give me your valuable suggestions as to how I can further improve it. Also please let me know if there is a possibility to cut down time at any of these places.
Need help with itinerary to Italy for solo trip of 10-12 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Venice - trips
- 2 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 3 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 4 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 5 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 6 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 7 Travel with Teens
- 8 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 9 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 10 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 11 UK for 12 days !
- 12 Italy
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Estonia Amber
- 15 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 16 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 17 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 18 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 19 Reims for a day
- 20 Ireland: Adapter or converter?
- 21 ordering train tickets
- 22 I think this is a scam!
- 23 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 24 Sicily itinerary proposal
- 25 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas