I am planning to go to a solo trip (or at max 1 companion) to italy in Early May 2014. I plan to go for 10-12 days and plan to fly into Venice and fly out from Rome or Naples. I am passionate about art and history and I also admire the nature. I am confused as to how I should distribute my days and whether I should reduce the number of days in my trip or not. The places that I would like to see are Venice , Florence(including Pisa), Rome and Pompeii(with Mt Vesuvius).
My rough plan of distributing my time are as follows :
Venice : 3 nights (2.5 days as flight lands 13:40 )
Florence : 3 nights (2 days Florence + 1 Day Trip to Pisa)
Rome : 4 Nights.
Naples : 1 night (Spend the day in Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius and Sleep in Naples and Board flight back home next afternoon from Naples)
Please comment on my itinerary and give me your valuable suggestions as to how I can further improve it. Also please let me know if there is a possibility to cut down time at any of these places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 2 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 3 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 4 evening of song and dance
- 5 Naples or Genoa
- 6 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 7 SIM card
- 8 Our time in Rome
- 9 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 10 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 11 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 12 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 13 Venice Film Fest
- 14 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 15 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 16 Europe itinerary review
- 17 Lake Lucerne Boat Travel
- 18 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 19 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 20 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 21 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 22 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 23 Walk across Europe: Warsaw - Gibraltar
- 24 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 25 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
Need help with itinerary to Italy for solo trip of 10-12 days