I am planning to go to a solo trip (or at max 1 companion) to italy in Early May 2014. I plan to go for 10-12 days and plan to fly into Venice and fly out from Rome or Naples. I am passionate about art and history and I also admire the nature. I am confused as to how I should distribute my days and whether I should reduce the number of days in my trip or not. The places that I would like to see are Venice , Florence(including Pisa), Rome and Pompeii(with Mt Vesuvius).
My rough plan of distributing my time are as follows :
Venice : 3 nights (2.5 days as flight lands 13:40 )
Florence : 3 nights (2 days Florence + 1 Day Trip to Pisa)
Rome : 4 Nights.
Naples : 1 night (Spend the day in Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius and Sleep in Naples and Board flight back home next afternoon from Naples)
Please comment on my itinerary and give me your valuable suggestions as to how I can further improve it. Also please let me know if there is a possibility to cut down time at any of these places.
Need help with itinerary to Italy for solo trip of 10-12 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 2 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 3 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 4 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 5 Traveling in France by train
- 6 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 7 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 8 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 9 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 10 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 11 Sicily - not a trip report
- 12 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 16 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 17 Fashion for larger man?
- 18 car rental advice in Portugal
- 19 Fjords, How To?
- 20 Duoro river cruises
- 21 What to wear
- 22 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 23 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 24 Budget for 3 Month's
- 25 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions