I am planning to go to a solo trip (or at max 1 companion) to italy in Early May 2014. I plan to go for 10-12 days and plan to fly into Venice and fly out from Rome or Naples. I am passionate about art and history and I also admire the nature. I am confused as to how I should distribute my days and whether I should reduce the number of days in my trip or not. The places that I would like to see are Venice , Florence(including Pisa), Rome and Pompeii(with Mt Vesuvius).
My rough plan of distributing my time are as follows :
Venice : 3 nights (2.5 days as flight lands 13:40 )
Florence : 3 nights (2 days Florence + 1 Day Trip to Pisa)
Rome : 4 Nights.
Naples : 1 night (Spend the day in Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius and Sleep in Naples and Board flight back home next afternoon from Naples)
Please comment on my itinerary and give me your valuable suggestions as to how I can further improve it. Also please let me know if there is a possibility to cut down time at any of these places.
Need help with itinerary to Italy for solo trip of 10-12 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 2 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 3 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 4 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 5 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 6 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 7 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 8 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 9 Emilia Romagna Region
- 10 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 11 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 12 Scottland for a day!
- 13 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 14 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 15 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 16 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 17 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 18 Provence planning
- 19 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 20 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 21 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 22 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 23 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 24 Top Sights for Northern Ireland
- 25 Voltage in UK and France