I am planning to go to a solo trip (or at max 1 companion) to italy in Early May 2014. I plan to go for 10-12 days and plan to fly into Venice and fly out from Rome or Naples. I am passionate about art and history and I also admire the nature. I am confused as to how I should distribute my days and whether I should reduce the number of days in my trip or not. The places that I would like to see are Venice , Florence(including Pisa), Rome and Pompeii(with Mt Vesuvius).
My rough plan of distributing my time are as follows :
Venice : 3 nights (2.5 days as flight lands 13:40 )
Florence : 3 nights (2 days Florence + 1 Day Trip to Pisa)
Rome : 4 Nights.
Naples : 1 night (Spend the day in Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius and Sleep in Naples and Board flight back home next afternoon from Naples)
Please comment on my itinerary and give me your valuable suggestions as to how I can further improve it. Also please let me know if there is a possibility to cut down time at any of these places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 3 Where to eat in Rome?
- 4 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 5 Italy travel plan help
- 6 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 7 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 8 Thinking about the Fjords
- 9 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 10 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 11 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 12 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 15 Budapest language lessons
- 16 Tours in Wales
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 19 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 20 barcelona neighborhood
- 21 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Shorts in South of France?
Need help with itinerary to Italy for solo trip of 10-12 days