we are planning a mother/daughter (in their 30's) trip to Italy. It is not my first time, but it is for my Mom and sister. We are flying into Rome the Friday before Easter and will be there until 4/19.
I am thinking Rome, 3 nights and leave on Monday after Easter. We also would like to see Venice, Florence, and Naples, possibly Capri. Is this feasible in this time period? Is it too much? The last time I went, I was young and with a friend from college, so we had a lot of energy and saw EVERYTHING!!
My question is this, what do you consider a MUST SEE for a first-timer Mom in her early 60's? This will probably be her only shot here. She has been wanting to do this trip her whole life!! I am confused as to the trip route with our stops, how do we decide which is easier to do and in what order???
Can you offer any help as far as transportation to and from?
We also thought about a side trip to Greece, but I told them I think it is just too much!!
Would you recommend a tour group---Perillo? or Perillo's new Independent company? Trafalgar? Globus? to make it easier...
We are not really into the herd of cattle get on the bus and off in each place. We want guidance, but not a fully guided tour!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 2 4 days in switzerland
- 3 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 4 14 nights in Europe
- 5 Vienna or Budapest?
- 6 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 7 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 8 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 11 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 12 French immersion courses in France
- 13 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 14 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 15 Ireland & Scotland
- 16 CDG airport
- 17 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 18 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 19 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 20 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 21 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 22 Munich
- 23 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 24 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 25 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?