we are planning a mother/daughter (in their 30's) trip to Italy. It is not my first time, but it is for my Mom and sister. We are flying into Rome the Friday before Easter and will be there until 4/19.
I am thinking Rome, 3 nights and leave on Monday after Easter. We also would like to see Venice, Florence, and Naples, possibly Capri. Is this feasible in this time period? Is it too much? The last time I went, I was young and with a friend from college, so we had a lot of energy and saw EVERYTHING!!
My question is this, what do you consider a MUST SEE for a first-timer Mom in her early 60's? This will probably be her only shot here. She has been wanting to do this trip her whole life!! I am confused as to the trip route with our stops, how do we decide which is easier to do and in what order???
Can you offer any help as far as transportation to and from?
We also thought about a side trip to Greece, but I told them I think it is just too much!!
Would you recommend a tour group---Perillo? or Perillo's new Independent company? Trafalgar? Globus? to make it easier...
We are not really into the herd of cattle get on the bus and off in each place. We want guidance, but not a fully guided tour!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 Amalfi or Positano
- 3 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 4 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 5 Newcastle train info
- 6 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 7 Poland in September
- 8 beautiful samos: mini trip report
- 9 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 10 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 11 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 12 Sim Card
- 13 Public Transport information App/Website
- 14 Ireland to Scotland
- 15 Munich, Germany
- 16 Rome for a week
- 17 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 18 Belgium advice
- 19 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 20 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 21 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 22 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 23 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 24 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 25 Driving in Sicily: Help!