we are planning a mother/daughter (in their 30's) trip to Italy. It is not my first time, but it is for my Mom and sister. We are flying into Rome the Friday before Easter and will be there until 4/19.
I am thinking Rome, 3 nights and leave on Monday after Easter. We also would like to see Venice, Florence, and Naples, possibly Capri. Is this feasible in this time period? Is it too much? The last time I went, I was young and with a friend from college, so we had a lot of energy and saw EVERYTHING!!
My question is this, what do you consider a MUST SEE for a first-timer Mom in her early 60's? This will probably be her only shot here. She has been wanting to do this trip her whole life!! I am confused as to the trip route with our stops, how do we decide which is easier to do and in what order???
Can you offer any help as far as transportation to and from?
We also thought about a side trip to Greece, but I told them I think it is just too much!!
Would you recommend a tour group---Perillo? or Perillo's new Independent company? Trafalgar? Globus? to make it easier...
We are not really into the herd of cattle get on the bus and off in each place. We want guidance, but not a fully guided tour!!
Need HELP for Mom's DREAM TRIP...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 2 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 3 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 4 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 5 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 6 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 7 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 8 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 9 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 10 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 11 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 12 Schengen Visa Rules
- 13 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 14 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 15 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 16 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 17 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 18 Is my plan ok
- 19 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 20 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 21 5 Observations About Paris
- 22 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 23 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 24 Southern Spain
- 25 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany