we are planning a mother/daughter (in their 30's) trip to Italy. It is not my first time, but it is for my Mom and sister. We are flying into Rome the Friday before Easter and will be there until 4/19.
I am thinking Rome, 3 nights and leave on Monday after Easter. We also would like to see Venice, Florence, and Naples, possibly Capri. Is this feasible in this time period? Is it too much? The last time I went, I was young and with a friend from college, so we had a lot of energy and saw EVERYTHING!!
My question is this, what do you consider a MUST SEE for a first-timer Mom in her early 60's? This will probably be her only shot here. She has been wanting to do this trip her whole life!! I am confused as to the trip route with our stops, how do we decide which is easier to do and in what order???
Can you offer any help as far as transportation to and from?
We also thought about a side trip to Greece, but I told them I think it is just too much!!
Would you recommend a tour group---Perillo? or Perillo's new Independent company? Trafalgar? Globus? to make it easier...
We are not really into the herd of cattle get on the bus and off in each place. We want guidance, but not a fully guided tour!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 2 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 3 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 4 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 5 How big backpack do I need?
- 6 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 7 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 8 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 9 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 10 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 11 Path of the Gods Question
- 12 Loire Valley 12 days
- 13 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 14 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 15 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 16 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 17 France to stop making foie grois
- 18 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 19 Greece Itinerary
- 20 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 21 Prague on a budget...
- 22 Eurail or Swiss Pass in Switzerland
- 23 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 24 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 25 First trip - destination advice!