we are planning a mother/daughter (in their 30's) trip to Italy. It is not my first time, but it is for my Mom and sister. We are flying into Rome the Friday before Easter and will be there until 4/19.
I am thinking Rome, 3 nights and leave on Monday after Easter. We also would like to see Venice, Florence, and Naples, possibly Capri. Is this feasible in this time period? Is it too much? The last time I went, I was young and with a friend from college, so we had a lot of energy and saw EVERYTHING!!
My question is this, what do you consider a MUST SEE for a first-timer Mom in her early 60's? This will probably be her only shot here. She has been wanting to do this trip her whole life!! I am confused as to the trip route with our stops, how do we decide which is easier to do and in what order???
Can you offer any help as far as transportation to and from?
We also thought about a side trip to Greece, but I told them I think it is just too much!!
Would you recommend a tour group---Perillo? or Perillo's new Independent company? Trafalgar? Globus? to make it easier...
We are not really into the herd of cattle get on the bus and off in each place. We want guidance, but not a fully guided tour!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 4 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 5 When and how to book for a trip?
- 6 France to stop making foie grois
- 7 Lake Como - basta!
- 8 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 9 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 10 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 11 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 12 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 13 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 14 Wine Tours from Pienza
- 15 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 16 please revew provence agenda
- 17 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 19 Norway in November
- 20 Florence to Pisa Round Trip
- 21 Heraklion to Chania by Bus
- 22 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 23 Swiss German
- 24 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 25 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?