we are planning a mother/daughter (in their 30's) trip to Italy. It is not my first time, but it is for my Mom and sister. We are flying into Rome the Friday before Easter and will be there until 4/19.
I am thinking Rome, 3 nights and leave on Monday after Easter. We also would like to see Venice, Florence, and Naples, possibly Capri. Is this feasible in this time period? Is it too much? The last time I went, I was young and with a friend from college, so we had a lot of energy and saw EVERYTHING!!
My question is this, what do you consider a MUST SEE for a first-timer Mom in her early 60's? This will probably be her only shot here. She has been wanting to do this trip her whole life!! I am confused as to the trip route with our stops, how do we decide which is easier to do and in what order???
Can you offer any help as far as transportation to and from?
We also thought about a side trip to Greece, but I told them I think it is just too much!!
Would you recommend a tour group---Perillo? or Perillo's new Independent company? Trafalgar? Globus? to make it easier...
We are not really into the herd of cattle get on the bus and off in each place. We want guidance, but not a fully guided tour!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 2 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 3 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 4 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 5 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 6 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 7 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 8 Lyon france-- rental car
- 9 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 10 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 13 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 14 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 15 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 16 Greece mainland and islands
- 17 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 18 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 19 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 20 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 23 Oyster card?
- 24 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler