we are planning a mother/daughter (in their 30's) trip to Italy. It is not my first time, but it is for my Mom and sister. We are flying into Rome the Friday before Easter and will be there until 4/19.
I am thinking Rome, 3 nights and leave on Monday after Easter. We also would like to see Venice, Florence, and Naples, possibly Capri. Is this feasible in this time period? Is it too much? The last time I went, I was young and with a friend from college, so we had a lot of energy and saw EVERYTHING!!
My question is this, what do you consider a MUST SEE for a first-timer Mom in her early 60's? This will probably be her only shot here. She has been wanting to do this trip her whole life!! I am confused as to the trip route with our stops, how do we decide which is easier to do and in what order???
Can you offer any help as far as transportation to and from?
We also thought about a side trip to Greece, but I told them I think it is just too much!!
Would you recommend a tour group---Perillo? or Perillo's new Independent company? Trafalgar? Globus? to make it easier...
We are not really into the herd of cattle get on the bus and off in each place. We want guidance, but not a fully guided tour!!
Need HELP for Mom's DREAM TRIP...
- 1 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Euro Train
- 4 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 7 One more last question on Bayeux
- 8 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 9 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 10 Spain - Andalucia
- 11 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 12 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 13 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 14 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 15 Trip around Spain
- 16 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 17 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 20 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 23 Medieval Tallinn
- 24 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 25 Unique excursion/experience in Paris