we are planning a mother/daughter (in their 30's) trip to Italy. It is not my first time, but it is for my Mom and sister. We are flying into Rome the Friday before Easter and will be there until 4/19.
I am thinking Rome, 3 nights and leave on Monday after Easter. We also would like to see Venice, Florence, and Naples, possibly Capri. Is this feasible in this time period? Is it too much? The last time I went, I was young and with a friend from college, so we had a lot of energy and saw EVERYTHING!!
My question is this, what do you consider a MUST SEE for a first-timer Mom in her early 60's? This will probably be her only shot here. She has been wanting to do this trip her whole life!! I am confused as to the trip route with our stops, how do we decide which is easier to do and in what order???
Can you offer any help as far as transportation to and from?
We also thought about a side trip to Greece, but I told them I think it is just too much!!
Would you recommend a tour group---Perillo? or Perillo's new Independent company? Trafalgar? Globus? to make it easier...
We are not really into the herd of cattle get on the bus and off in each place. We want guidance, but not a fully guided tour!!
Need HELP for Mom's DREAM TRIP...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 7 He said , she said
- 8 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 9 Munich with a car?
- 10 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Itinerary Help!
- 15 Toulouse and beyond -
- 16 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 18 tour guides in rome
- 19 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 23 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 24 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 25 Seaside island village in Greece