we are planning a mother/daughter (in their 30's) trip to Italy. It is not my first time, but it is for my Mom and sister. We are flying into Rome the Friday before Easter and will be there until 4/19.
I am thinking Rome, 3 nights and leave on Monday after Easter. We also would like to see Venice, Florence, and Naples, possibly Capri. Is this feasible in this time period? Is it too much? The last time I went, I was young and with a friend from college, so we had a lot of energy and saw EVERYTHING!!
My question is this, what do you consider a MUST SEE for a first-timer Mom in her early 60's? This will probably be her only shot here. She has been wanting to do this trip her whole life!! I am confused as to the trip route with our stops, how do we decide which is easier to do and in what order???
Can you offer any help as far as transportation to and from?
We also thought about a side trip to Greece, but I told them I think it is just too much!!
Would you recommend a tour group---Perillo? or Perillo's new Independent company? Trafalgar? Globus? to make it easier...
We are not really into the herd of cattle get on the bus and off in each place. We want guidance, but not a fully guided tour!!
Need HELP for Mom's DREAM TRIP...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 2 London visit
- 3 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 4 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 5 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 6 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 7 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 8 Budget for 3 Month's
- 9 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 10 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 11 Small group for Colosseum
- 12 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 21 Days in Central Europe
- 19 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 20 Lofoten ferry
- 21 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 22 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 23 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 24 Italian cooking classes
- 25 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March