We have decided to spend at least 4 (maybe 5) nights on Naxos. Although the St George Beach area seems like the perfect area to stay (close to town ,but a little out), I am thinking about staying off the beaten track for this island. We are on the beaten path while staying on the other 2 islands we are visiting ( Santorini and Mykonos). Our requirements for Naxos are to stay at a clean, family run hotel or self catering spot with beautiful water views. We also want to be near a few good tavernas for nightly dinners. Nearby any walking trails would be a bonus as well. We will rent a car for a couple of days for island excursions. Do you have any suggestions for a less populated beach on the island that would meet our requirements? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 2 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 3 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 4 Cotswolds village base
- 5 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 6 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 7 First Time Going to Europe
- 8 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 9 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 10 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 11 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 12 Traveling mid-august in UK and Ireland
- 13 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 14 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 15 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 16 International driving permit required in France?
- 17 How long in Venice?
- 18 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 19 Hotel in Rome?
- 20 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 21 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 22 Traditional food in Athens
- 23 Getting cash in Spain
- 24 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 25 Greek Ferries in October - Q's