We have decided to spend at least 4 (maybe 5) nights on Naxos. Although the St George Beach area seems like the perfect area to stay (close to town ,but a little out), I am thinking about staying off the beaten track for this island. We are on the beaten path while staying on the other 2 islands we are visiting ( Santorini and Mykonos). Our requirements for Naxos are to stay at a clean, family run hotel or self catering spot with beautiful water views. We also want to be near a few good tavernas for nightly dinners. Nearby any walking trails would be a bonus as well. We will rent a car for a couple of days for island excursions. Do you have any suggestions for a less populated beach on the island that would meet our requirements? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 2 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 5 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 6 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 7 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 8 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 9 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 10 Rocamaxour
- 11 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 12 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 13 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 14 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 15 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 16 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 17 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 18 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 19 Dordogne lodging
- 20 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 21 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 22 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 23 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 24 Dordogne markets
- 25 Dordogne prehistoric sites