We have decided to spend at least 4 (maybe 5) nights on Naxos. Although the St George Beach area seems like the perfect area to stay (close to town ,but a little out), I am thinking about staying off the beaten track for this island. We are on the beaten path while staying on the other 2 islands we are visiting ( Santorini and Mykonos). Our requirements for Naxos are to stay at a clean, family run hotel or self catering spot with beautiful water views. We also want to be near a few good tavernas for nightly dinners. Nearby any walking trails would be a bonus as well. We will rent a car for a couple of days for island excursions. Do you have any suggestions for a less populated beach on the island that would meet our requirements? Thanks!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 5 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 8 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 9 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 10 Rome Accommodation
- 11 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 12 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 13 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 14 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 15 Greek islands from Turkey
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 18 rent car / Munich
- 19 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Italian Lakes gardens
- 22 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 23 TGV and Provence questions
- 24 Novels set in Greece
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome