My wife and I are going to be in Lisbon starting this july 6th, for 11 days. I'm considering some day-trips while there. What are some places that are just an absolute must-see in Portugal? (I prefer responses from people who have actually been to the places they're recommending). I would also consider one overnight trip as well. We like: music, art, history, nightlife, food/drink, sightseeing, parks, museums, bullfighting, boat excursion, beaches, shopping for crafts and home decorative items,etc. And we don't speak Portugese. Thanks all...
Must See, Can't Miss Places Outside of Lisbon Portugal
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Spain - Andalucia
- 3 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 4 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 5 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 6 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 7 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 8 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 9 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 10 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 11 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 12 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 13 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 14 One more last question on Bayeux
- 15 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 16 Medieval Tallinn
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 20 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 Italian language schools
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report