I have a day and a half in Siracusa/Catania. I arrive at Siracusa for some work. But then have a day and a half before going to Munich by an evening flight from Catania.
I have my 7 year old son with me. He wants to see Mount Etna.
What's the ideal thing to do?
* Should I move to Catania from Siracusa for a day? Is there a recommended hotel so that I can see Mt Etna as well.
* Take the Circumetnea train to Etna and back for a whole day?
* What can I do for the following day not to adventurous (worried about missing flight) which starts a chain of flight connections. Is there a half day boat/beach stuff to do? Anything else?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Car Scam
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 9 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 10 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 11 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 12 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 13 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 14 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 15 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 16 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 17 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 18 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Can parking
- 22 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 23 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 24 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 25 Douro Valley in January?