I'm going to Europe with my wife in two weeks. We both use the internet for EVERYTHING but the AT&T charges are insane for international travel.
We're going to be up there for 14 days, so I was thinking about maybe getting a hotspot and just Skype to make calls if needed. We both have iPhone with GSM, so I was also just considering getting SIM cards while where there.
We're going to 5 countries while we're there.
- United Kingdom
I guess I wanted to see what others do, or what you guys recommend for using internet, or at least phones.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 2 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 3 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 4 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 5 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 6 Sentimental Journey
- 7 A few last minute questions
- 8 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 9 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 10 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 11 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 12 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 13 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 14 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 15 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 18 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 19 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 20 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 21 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 24 Antwerp Tram
- 25 Trip report European honeymoon